Poll: Would you like all models to be ready come WoD?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Poll: I'd Like All Character Models to be ready come WoD, you?

We all know the Art team is working diligently on the character models, and Blizzard has said they hope for a fall launch. After reading this morning that:
    "There is no guarantee that all character models will be done by release, but they hope to have most ready."

I would much rather Blizz push the release of the game back to have all ready rather than patch in the last models a few months later. The only reason I feel this way is because of the potential this expansion has to be super fresh and epic. New expansions are a big deal for WoW, and I want to be as deeply immersed as humanly possible. I don't see this as a possibility if I roll a new model Orc and still see old models lingering around. Aesthetics play a HUGE part of this game. I know everyone has an opinion, whats yours?
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2014-03-27 at 07:37 PM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I would love new models, I'd rather have the expansion sooner with a few models that are complete. Release the rest slowly in patches.

So you much rather have over a year of no content just to have all the models ready? Fuck that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. I wouldn't care if only one of them was done. I'd rather have the expansion. The new models are nice and all but they will be entertaining for about a day.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So you much rather have over a year of no content just to have all the models ready? Fuck that.
    hate to burst your bubble dude but some people do not give a flying F about new content. The PvP and new character leveling community is rather gigantic

I don't care one way or another. As long as the expansion is good and there is a lot to do because models/animations are all well and good, but content is the most important thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't care about character models. I just wish they didn't do it. I don't like having to update my pc every expansion to play at high quality settings.

Deleted
    the content of the expansion is more needed than the models, so postponing just so everyone can ahve their new models at the same time would be pointless, as end of they day it is the content people want the expansions for and new models aren't content that will give you something new to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. It would probably cost us a raid tier to have the models at launch.

Y'know. The models they advertised the game as having. In the preorder.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I think at this point they're hard targetting a specific launch date like Sept 23th/30th, so some stuff will have to come post launch

Like someone else said in another thread, it's an opportunity to make more money off race change revenue. Some players will pay to change to a new model once in 6.0, and then again in 6.1 when Blood Elves or whatever is missing is coming out. I doubt Blizzard intends to delay just for that though, just the way it shakes out.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-03-27 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    hate to burst your bubble dude but some people do not give a flying F about new content. The PvP and new character leveling community is rather gigantic
    I get a rather small minority of people don't care about new content but this is a MMO, and MMOs survive on new content.
    You just can't have the wishes of some group of people that hinders everyone else.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Oh god please no. Actual content please. New models are nice, but not as important as something to do!

We have been 'waiting' for the new models for ten years, we can wait a bit longer. Waiting more than a year for actual reasons to play the game because of those models? No thanks.

Jesus, talk about touchy for a person that asked for others' opinion.

Ironically, both of those communities you mentioned benefit tremendously from new content. Nothing like a new expansion to level through.

Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    The content of the expansion is more needed than the models, so postponing just so everyone can ahve their new models at the same time would be pointless, as end of they day it is the content people want the expansions for and new models aren't content that will give you something new to do.
    This.

Of course I want the models to be ready for WoD launch, but to postpone all of WoD just for, let's say 2-5 models? I'd rather wait for the models rather than have that extra long wait for the expansion, even if it sucks not to have all models at WoD launch.

We all know the Art team is working diligently on the character models, and Blizzard has said they hope for a fall launch. After reading this morning that:
    "There is no guarantee that all character models will be done by release, but they hope to have most ready."

I would much rather Blizz push the release of the game back to have all ready rather than patch in the last models a few months later. The only reason I feel this way is because of the potential this expansion has to be super fresh and epic. New expansions are a big deal for WoW, and I want to be as deeply immersed as humanly possible. I don't see this as a possibility if I roll a new model Orc and still see old models lingering around. Aesthetics play a HUGE part of this game. I know everyone has an opinion, whats yours?
    I don't think it's a matter of immersion, but honestly it'd be silly if they delay one race/gender and have it feel like it's a decade behind the times; then finally get a revamp and have everyone feel slighted that it somehow looks better/worse/subjective-bullshit.

On the other hand, If I had to choose between an incomplete array of revamps or a raid tier, I'd probably take the raid tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    How silly of us to assume there's something to do in the game. You don't need new content to do things. There's plenty of stuff in game.
    Okay, what is there to do that hasn't been done for months already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where was the selection for, "Just get it done for launch?!"
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Deleted
    Don't really care that much. I like my undead the way it is anyway, also pretty sure that if they patch some races undead will be ready at release.

But ... it will be very cheap and stupid on their part to have only a couple ready at launch and patch in the rest. Like ... middle finger for people playing the race they like if they aren't ready.

Either release with all of them ready .. or patch all of them. Can't just take a dump on some players in this manner.

However I doubt they will release only half ... enough players already hate and qq every decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree there is a constant stream of QQing...can you imagine if Blizz postponed the xpac til all races were ready? Pretty sure that would be one of the biggest shit storms ever lol. I don't care what they do, but I think it would be better for everyone if they patched them in just to avoid the nightmare of "NO BELFS??? NO TROLLS???" etc etc lol.

I only have belfs and pandas, so I can't wait for the new belf models, but I am realistic they will most likely be last. And if that is the case I don't want the entire xpac to be pushed back just so that I can have a new shiny model.