10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    The quests should "auto-chain" while you are there or the first "bloodied heart" you pick up auto-give you the quest for collect 10 hearts (or whatever).

They have started doing some of this already but I'd like to see it used far more.
    Exactly. Auto-chaining is much easier and avoids a lot of unnecessary "quest giver" NPCs. Also, I still don't know why we actually need to put things in our bags that are quest items only. There are a dozen better ways to handle this, but my top to are a "quest inventory" or simply a tracker as part of the quest. You "pick up" the item and your number picked up increases by that many. The object itsself doesn't actually "exist".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    If there was not a balance issue with flying mounts, Blizzard would never disable them.

That is not my opinion - their actions are as clear as glass. If flying mounts didn't interfere with what they wanted to do or how they wanted to present it, they would never turn them off ever.

Simply because they do disable flying mounts in some areas confirm that at some level Blizzard feels they are not balanced for that content. Historically, they reenable flight after they feel the content is not relevant any longer.

I don't think PvP should even exist on a PvE server. I'm sure that would upset a few folks alone. So by that metric, no PvP changes should be affecting anything on a PvE server at all.

It's "not my wishes" - it is plainly what Blizzard has done. They made a big hubbub about killing flight while leveling, when they want people to see their content and then after people hit max level (or some arbitrary level) - Blizzard goes ho hum, doesn't matter anymore and let's them spend some gold to turn it back on. It is exactly that Blizzard doesn't view that content as relevant anymore.

So it is now irrelevant content. Exactly what I was saying.

Blizzard cannot assume that players will continue to finish the other zone's quests (at least right now, at any rate) so the story presented there is now irrelevant to the player and they let players use their flying mounts again.
    You like to assume that Blizzard is benevolent, wise and all-knowing. They could very well be cutting corners and doing lazy programming and using "immersion" or the other trigger words to make it go over better. I don't trust them and they have shown nothing to give me confidence they are removing flying for any good reason. Blizzard is not infallible and they sure as shit make mistakes. Saying Blizzard this and Blizzard that doesn't make your statements ironclad proof of flying needing any changes. Blizzard just doesn't feel like designing content around flying so Blizzard is deciding to cut it out. So how about this, stop hiding behind Blizzard and state your own thoughts and feelings. I don't care what Blizzard wants, they haven't shown us a good reason for limiting flight yet, just vague hints there might be a good reason later. But saying the islands in MoP were good reasons for no flight is very debatable. I was not a fan of any of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Exactly. Auto-chaining is much easier and avoids a lot of unnecessary "quest giver" NPCs. Also, I still don't know why we actually need to put things in our bags that are quest items only. There are a dozen better ways to handle this, but my top to are a "quest inventory" or simply a tracker as part of the quest. You "pick up" the item and your number picked up increases by that many. The object itsself doesn't actually "exist".
    They are already doing that for WoD for part of the inventory/QoL UI improvements I thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    They are already doing that for WoD for part of the inventory/QoL UI improvements I thought.
    God I hope so. I'd also like to see grey items removed and just have mobs drop A: things that can be used for something else B: slightly more coin. Yeah, I get that you're not going to find a tiger running around with a coin-purse, but lets just roll it as the money is all that's left of the stupid adventurer he ate.

But really, it's sooooo nice in certain other MMOs where I can run around and the only thing in my bag....is what I WANT in my bag.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I agree - I think it's just a carry over from RPGs of the past.

15+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, I would love an option to go one step beyond the current auto loot. It bypasses the clicking and puts the loot in your bags automatically or with a button press. I have been in some dungeon runs where people feel it's a god damn chore to loot and I fall behind by just clicking on the corpse pile and waiting for my character to bend over and the server to auto loot. Games like GW2 got this. Kill something, hit F until all loot is collected and move on.

You like to assume that Blizzard is benevolent, wise and all-knowing. They could very well be cutting corners and doing lazy programming and using "immersion" or the other trigger words to make it go over better. I don't trust them and they have shown nothing to give me confidence they are removing flying for any good reason. Blizzard is not infallible and they sure as shit make mistakes. Saying Blizzard this and Blizzard that doesn't make your statements ironclad proof of flying needing any changes. Blizzard just doesn't feel like designing content around flying so Blizzard is deciding to cut it out. So how about this, stop hiding behind Blizzard and state your own thoughts and feelings. I don't care what Blizzard wants, they haven't shown us a good reason for limiting flight yet, just vague hints there might be a good reason later. But saying the islands in MoP were good reasons for no flight is very debatable. I was not a fan of any of them.
    Stop trying to act like I am just all pro-Blizzard. I'm not at all.

I do think Blizzard is taking the lazy road by just killing flying mounts at the start of an expansion, then reenabling them at some point in the future. I think the correct thing to do is just fix whatever is actually bothering them about flying mounts so they don't have to disable that feature ever again in 7.0.

Fan of TI or not, that is very likely a good chunk of the content we are going to get in WoD. It'll likely be the new "daily QQ" of MoP 5.0.

I enjoy flying. I take my time, and see the world from any angle I choose. I bother no one and go about my business. Whether it is a quick trip out to collect a new Battle Pet, or to complete some dailies, flying gets me where I want to go in a hurry, with no hassle. Having a busy real life, I have very little time to devote to a video game, so flying allows me to accomplish everything I want in the few short hours I have each week.

I've been playing since Burning Crusade, and WoW is one of my favorite games of all time. No flight from the beginning of the expansion, until level cap, has always been the norm, with the exception of Cata of course. I don't mind seeing the world from the ground, but I would be sad to never get to see it from the sky.

Deleted
    You like to assume that Blizzard is benevolent, wise and all-knowing. They could very well be cutting corners and doing lazy programming and using "immersion" or the other trigger words to make it go over better. I don't trust them and they have shown nothing to give me confidence they are removing flying for any good reason.
    I also agree completelly removing them is not the best option, but we must see this as a test for what type of gameplay they have waiting for us.
    Timeless Isle is a VERY recent thing that has huge amounts of potential to revive the world.

This will be the first expansion with this type of social events and dinamic eventas a la TI spreas around all the leveling zones.
    It's a test to see how things play out.

I dont see it as the lazy road because obviously blizzard expected a huge amount of QQ from the community and usually Blizzard dont want this and avoid making any waves.
    This is a clear and honorfull attempt to revive the outworld of WoW.
    A test to see how things play out and how people react to this kind of new mechanic gameplays waiting for us.

My spider senses tell me there are going to be changes to flying mounts in a far away future...but it all depends on how the test of "no flying mounts in WoD" plays out.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-03-28 at 06:06 PM.

Historically, they reenable flight after they feel the content is not relevant any longer.
    LOL - there you go again... On what planet to you come from where you believe Blizzard creates daily quest hubs for what they "consider" irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    LOL - there you go again... On what planet to you come from where you believe Blizzard creates daily quest hubs for what they "consider" irrelevant?
    You mean those daily quest hubs that apparently most players complained and QQ'd about because they didn't want to do them at all, but yet they had gated "gear they needed to get" on those rep vendors they thought they needed to buy so they could queue for LFR or get into normal raiding?

Those same daily quest hubs were merely a stepping-stone to the content that Blizzard really wanted to you be in. Many of those quest hubs also had dailies that took you underwater in a lake or down in a cave - both places where flying mounts don't work. At least 1/3 of the dailies in the 5.1 content patch (Krasarang) were underground in that cave complex where flying mounts don't work.

As a result of all that QQ, it seems Blizzard is trying new things (to them) like TI - which, strangely enough once again completely kills flying mounts while there - but the odd thing is, almost no one is complaining about "no flying" there. So guess what? that will probably be the larger part of WoD's open world content and that would completely explain to me why Blizzard is taking the: "no flying at all in WoD for now" stance they are currently taking.

... and by the way, in 9 years of playing WoW, I don't remember a daily quest hub that wasn't just basically filler or a gate to slow players down from getting into what was the "real content" of the patch. When dailies are just "filler" or "gates" - that's just pretty close to what I'd call "irrelevant".
    Last edited by Raeln; 2014-03-28 at 06:33 PM.

... and by the way, in 9 years of playing WoW, I don't remember a daily quest hub that wasn't just basically filler or a gate to slow players down from getting into what was the "real content" of the patch. When dailies are just "filler" or "gates" - that's just pretty close to what I'd call "irrelevant".
    I did dailies for achievements. Cooking, Fishing. Some of my favorite Dailies are found at the Darkmoon Faire. Ride the rides, earn tickets, and build rep. I think people hear the word Dailies and cringe, and with good reason. Personally, I never found Panda dailies to be mandatory, so I never burned out. The others I mentioned like DMF were actually fun. They didn't feel like filler or gating, at least not to me. I'm sure others might share that opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tinker View Post
    I did dailies for achievements. Cooking, Fishing. Some of my favorite Dailies are found at the Darkmoon Faire. Ride the rides, earn tickets, and build rep. I think people hear the word Dailies and cringe, and with good reason. Personally, I never found Panda dailies to be mandatory, so I never burned out. The others I mentioned like DMF were actually fun. They didn't feel like filler or gating, at least not to me. I'm sure others might share that opinion.
    I've done mountains of dailies and even though Golden Lotus were poorly designed - I think dailies are a good mechanism to provide the playerbase with some reusable content each day. They do have to be done correctly though.

I hope Blizzard doesn't completely forsake dailies in WoD. I think they'll be rare though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've done mountains of dailies and even though Golden Lotus were poorly designed - I think dailies are a good mechanism to provide the playerbase with some reusable content each day. They do have to be done correctly though.

I hope Blizzard doesn't completely forsake dailies in WoD. I think they'll be rare though.
    I just want dailies to be interesting and fun. If we are compelled to do them every day, don't make them a slog or a chore. Have you done the new Golden Lotus dailies? Perfect example of what dailies SHOULD be. Generic kill/collect quests? Ugh, please no.

I much preferred the Cooking and Fishing dailies in town. It allowed me to clear a task while chatting in Trade. Not the most top notch conversation, but always nice to have when trying to hit a walleye.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Tinker View Post
    I much preferred the Cooking and Fishing dailies in town. It allowed me to clear a task while chatting in Trade. Not the most top notch conversation, but always nice to have when trying to hit a walleye.
    Yeah, much better than the fishing dailies in MoP. Screw Krasarang and screw Nat Pagle for wanting those 3 fish daily. Such a pain in the butt.

So it is now irrelevant content. Exactly what I was saying..
    That IS exactly what you are saying yes - but for some reason you take me saying that it ISNT irrelevant as me agreeing with you - I wonder why? YOU think it is irrelevant - and YOU think that because blizzard allows something after some time period that means it is irrelevant. You are just blinkered.

Yeah, much better than the fishing dailies in MoP. Screw Krasarang and screw Nat Pagle for wanting those 3 fish daily. Such a pain in the butt.
    I don't mind anglers too much. I usually fished up the special fish for them while stockpiling to max out all my cooking. I think my only issue with Krasarang Wilds was the lack of conversation. Fishing is not the most exciting profession, so without drama to watch, or people to talk to, it got a little lonely standing on that dock for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    That IS exactly what you are saying yes - but for some reason you take me saying that it ISNT irrelevant as me agreeing with you - I wonder why? YOU think it is irrelevant - and YOU think that because blizzard allows something after some time period that means it is irrelevant. You are just blinkered.
    I think we are getting caught up on the definition of a specific word and not really the thought behind it.

I think we are getting caught up on the definition of a specific word and not really the thought behind it.
    Seems to be the theme of this whole thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, I would love an option to go one step beyond the current auto loot. It bypasses the clicking and puts the loot in your bags automatically or with a button press. I have been in some dungeon runs where people feel it's a god damn chore to loot and I fall behind by just clicking on the corpse pile and waiting for my character to bend over and the server to auto loot. Games like GW2 got this. Kill something, hit F until all loot is collected and move on.
    DCUO doesn't even need you to hit "F"! It just goes straight from the body to the bags, unless your bags are full. But as soon as you open a spot for it, it flies into your bag. You can out-range this "loot magnetism", and then you'll need to hit "ctrl" to reactivate it when you get close again. Still it makes killing and looting multiple mobs (like 20+) a walk in the park. No stopping to loot for fear of it despawning!

Just, be kind.