Does the thok trinket 8-9% healing amplify our 2 set bonus Shield Guard healing too?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It amplifies crit heals. I'm not sure 2pc does crit.
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

The 2p bonus does not crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Moussaka View Post
    It amplifies crit heals. I'm not sure 2pc does crit.
    Unfortunately they nerfed that from PTR. It was OP.

Deleted
    Please remember, stacking dodge above 15% is a waste, due to DR. Don't go full Re***d when gemming your gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Unfortunately they nerfed that from PTR. It was OP.
    That wasn't the OP part.. It could never crit o.o Instead, it healed for the total amount without you needed to take the dmg first. Which they've fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kettlewow View Post
    Please remember, stacking dodge above 15% is a waste, due to DR. Don't go full Re***d when gemming your gear.

- - - Updated - - -

That wasn't the OP part.. It could never crit o.o Instead, it healed for the total amount without you needed to take the dmg first. Which they've fixed.
    Heal without needing to take the damage first? huh?

Yes it could crit on PTR. My original BIS set included Iron Jugg trinket and Thokk trinket with 2-set. The self healing was retarded how high it was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kettlewow View Post
    At ilvl 581 gear (full heroic warforged minus 2 piece) the difference between even dodge & parry rating and favoring parry by 0.01 stat weights (shifting about 6.000 secondary stats around) is 0.04% gained avoidance favoring even ratings. But due to the HR glyph it's just better to ignore all that and go full parry.
    And this remains true while lowering gear levels, ie at 563 (full normal mode+cloak) the difference is 0.07% avoidance gained while favoring even ratings. DR was never an issue there.

If you're using AMR i'd just use the regular settings and change one number:

Parry rating from 0.9 to 0.91 and almost everything is just fine (except for maybe the gloves enchant suggestion, i still prefer mastery over stamina there but that's just me). You'll end up below your mentioned 15% dodge even in the best gear but that still looks like an arbitrary number to me to be honest because it's different when you're a nightelf.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2014-03-29 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    At ilvl 581 gear (full heroic warforged minus 2 piece) the difference between even dodge & parry rating and favoring parry by 0.01 stat weights (shifting about 6.000 secondary stats around) is 0.04% gained avoidance favoring even ratings. But due to the HR glyph it's just better to ignore all that and go full parry.
    And this remains true while lowering gear levels, ie at 563 (full normal mode+cloak) the difference is 0.07% avoidance gained while favoring even ratings. DR was never an issue there.

If you're using AMR i'd just use the regular settings and change one number:

Parry rating from 0.9 to 0.91 and almost everything is just fine (except for maybe the gloves enchant suggestion, i still prefer mastery over stamina there but that's just me). You'll end up below your mentioned 15% dodge even in the best gear but that still looks like an arbitrary number to me to be honest because it's different when you're a nightelf.
    Or just put stamina to 0.8 like i always do since i don't need stamina enchants or gems at my gear level. And i usually leave parry at 0.9 and lower dodge to 0.89, but that's just preference

As far as Mastery or Stam for Gloves... Go Expertise. Should allow you to gain more avoidance through reforging.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Heal without needing to take the damage first? huh?

Yes it could crit on PTR. My original BIS set included Iron Jugg trinket and Thokk trinket with 2-set. The self healing was retarded how high it was.
    I think he means that it healed before the damage hit. Although that didn't made it OP, it made it far worse, since it made it overheal far more often than it should.

PD: Always full parry bitches.

How good is prot warrior for solo tank heroic garrosh in 10man? We are planning on solo tanking him so as to get only one intermission in p2.

Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    How good is prot warrior for solo tank heroic garrosh in 10man? We are planning on solo tanking him so as to get only one intermission in p2.
    Should your name concern me?

Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post

We're the best class for it, I'd say. Maybe Monks or Paladins could compete, but our burst AoE is also better.

Deleted
    Hard to tell best to worst but i'd rank paladin above warrior for a 1/1/8 strategy (EF ticks between each dottick, it's hilarious they simply can't die) and warrior above paladin for a 1/2/7 approach (more dps especially if you manage to bring a fistweaver along your smiting priest and warrior just aren't that self supporting after all). Heck there're even some guardian druid logs out there and those should be the worst solo tank (due to how their AM work), just bring your best players and keep on pushing

Just got to 10H Nazgrim last night. I'm popping a 60 rage SBar and small dmg reduction CD (Demo Shout) for each execute. This is the way to handle it, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    Just got to 10H Nazgrim last night. I'm popping a 60 rage SBar and small dmg reduction CD (Demo Shout) for each execute. This is the way to handle it, yes?
    Yes, and although it's not strictly necessary, I also pop Shield Wall for the Executes in Berserker Stance.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbar View Post
    Yes, and although it's not strictly necessary, I also pop Shield Wall for the Executes in Berserker Stance.
    Good point.

[20:33:21.664] General Nazgrim casts Berserker Stance
    [20:33:32.533] Klausi afflicted by Sundering Blow (3) from General Nazgrim
    [20:33:37.360] General Nazgrim Execute Klausi 236101 (A: 1058887)

Somebody f'd up, cloaked saved me. Long story short: don't be afraid to ask for externals if you have nothing up for executes and track your legendary meta procc.

Hello !

We just got up to Paragons in 25 heroic, and I'm wondering which trinkets you guys would suggest? Not just for that fight but in general. I got pretty much every trinket except the one from malkorok. (I'm sorry didn't read through all the pages)

Also while I'm at it, are there any good pages directed at the warrior class? Like fluiddruid comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mock View Post
    Also while I'm at it, are there any good pages directed at the warrior class? Like fluiddruid comes to mind.

Your best bet is to spy on all of Eddy and Gliff's posts. Someone could feasibly compile a website with just the knowledge of reading their info.

As far as trinkets go, the Malk one is good on literally every fight. Without it, I would recommend Rook's and Jugg's, just because Rook's can save you from being gibbed by some of the AoE damage and Jugg's is good for extra Riposte and the healing is always a solid bonus.

Alright, thanks! Yeah I'm not saying this site lacks information by any means, some guys here really know their stuff

But the crit from the skeer trinket isn't better than jugg's ? I obviously haven't gotten a heroic version of it yet.