Thread: 100% Slows

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

100% Slows

Hey there.

I know that some classes need snares, most of them being 50% reduced movement speed. Without them, shit wouldn't go down.

What I'm wondering is why slows have to be constant, 100% uptime?
    Slows for the most part can be spammed by Warriors, Monks and Shamans

Some classes you don't even have to think about snaring a target, Ferals, Rogues, Rets /w Burden etc.
    Yes there is Freedoms and such to battle this but once you're out of those you're back to grandma marathon.

Should they have a longer CD? ICD maybe?
    What are your thoughts?

My thoughts? I hope you aren't actually posting this from the viewpoint of a Hunter... Which is conveniently left off both your lists (Conc Shot, auto-daze via Chim Shot, traps, etc.)

All I can say is it's annoying. CC is so prevalent and part of everything done in PvP. It's boring and cheapens the entire experience.

Difference is you can snare break concussive shot/chim shot and not expect a 2nd slow instantly.
    Not inheretly spammable like warrior/monk/rogue/etc.

as for the op, they're removing alot of cc next expansion, maybe slows will be alot less frequent then too, but i doubt it, as it helps alot with melee who have even a little bit of latency issues.

They should just make default runspeed 50% in bgs and arena and remove movement speed reduction skills.

Speed boosts should still exist, just less of them and longer cds.

I kind of wish there were not snares at all. Everyones snared all the time and it's just annoying walking that slow the whole round.

1) Remove things like hand of freedom / master's call / burst of speed. That way slows will have a reason to feel meaningful again. Also remove all passive / enchanted movement speed.

2) Make snares a separate button with an actual resource cost. In the current system warrior hamstring works best, along with perhaps monk disable which is basically a hamstring that refreshes while monk is near. Needless to say, that also means lowering mobility across the board for both melee AND ranged classes.

The main problem with current pvp is that, among other things, there's indeed too many slows and too many ways to deal with slows. Worst offenders are mages, rogues and feral druids with theirs not even needing a button, alongside those classes being able to shake most slows / snares off at no cost.
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2014-03-30 at 07:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    My thoughts? I hope you aren't actually posting this from the viewpoint of a Hunter... Which is conveniently left off both your lists (Conc Shot, auto-daze via Chim Shot, traps, etc.)
    I'm actually posting this from a PoV of many classes, Hunter happens to be one of them

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still learning my newly boosted priest but I have found it a frustrating experience, warriors in particular, the minute you get some distance you're charged and snared, get some distance again jumped and snared, get some distance again charged and snared. Just a continuous circle.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I'm still learning my newly boosted priest but I have found it a frustrating experience, warriors in particular, the minute you get some distance you're charged and snared, get some distance again jumped and snared, get some distance again charged and snared. Just a continuous circle.
    I know this feeling, even as a hunter. warriors are so hard to kite these days.
    not as bad as good monks though, you cant ever get them off you.

Try to play a melee class without a slow and see why slows exist, that is all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Try to play a melee class without a slow and see why slows exist, that is all.
    I have a Feral, DK and Rogue. THe DK is the only one that really NEEDS slows

Base runspeed just needs to be nerfed. You remove a lot of latency issues that way as well

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    I have a Feral, DK and Rogue. THe DK is the only one that really NEEDS slows
    Not sure if cereal!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because without them someone with 300 latency would be a literate unbeatable god <- FACT.

Just saying, you guys sure got the memo that this issue among several other CC-related PvP issues is getting addressed as soon as the xpac prepatch hits, which happens to be the very next patch we'll see. In other words, they know things are off now, they'll do something about it, they just won't do anything in between since it wouldn't make sense to mess with things now when they're already being worked on.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    Every melee should have some kind of "passive" slow in PvP, like OP Ferals have it on Mangle. I've missed that on my Monk and Warrior when you loose a GC and energy/rage, if you want to apply snares on your opponent. It is fucking hard to stay in a 5y radius when everything (casters and Hunter) is jumping around you and kill you from save distance.
    Slow is the only "cc" mechanic which is not op in PvP, when we talk about melees. In the hand of Hunter and Moonkin it is a bit OP, i agree here. I have much harder times against Fear, Stun and Root other than Slow ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Difference is you can snare break concussive shot/chim shot and not expect a 2nd slow instantly.
    Not inheretly spammable like warrior/monk/rogue/etc.

as for the op, they're removing alot of cc next expansion, maybe slows will be alot less frequent then too, but i doubt it, as it helps alot with melee who have even a little bit of latency issues.
    Actually they will make pretty much all slows automatic to reduce buttons. At least Warriors will have their slow automatically applied on their main attack.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Every melee should have some kind of "passive" slow in PvP, like OP Ferals have it on Mangle. I've missed that on my Monk and Warrior when you loose a GC and energy/rage, if you want to apply snares on your opponent. It is fucking hard to stay in a 5y radius when everything (casters and Hunter) is jumping around you and kill you from save distance.
    Woah, a monk/warrior complaining that its hard to stay in a 5yd radius...what?

Mages/Hunters can already kite melee classes forever if they play right, if you remove snares you might as well just not bother playing melee.

They need 100% uptime because melee is virtually useless without them, and that goes for almost all melee.

Seriously? Like really?

People are now bitching about Hamstring? Fucking Hamstring? Are you serious?

Without spamable (almost spamable) snares that game would be unplayable for most melee. Especially for Warriors/Monks, that have absolutely no ranged attacks. Paladins/Death Knights are essentially Melee/Ranged hybrids with a load of ranged attacks, yet even they depend on snares heavily otherwise they couldn't kill jack. Ferals/Enhancement Shammies and Rogues are on perma crack cocaine/speed mix, with a million get out of CC free cards.

Mages essentially have a trinket every Blink. Hunters have a stun/trap/cc effect every couple of seconds combined with huge gap openers. Druid healers are already almost impossible to keep up with. Mistweavers are obnoxious. Etc.