Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Queing as healer for faster bgs...

9 of of 10 random bgs from today morning, horde had 1 healer when alliance never goes under 3 even on 10 man bgs... is kinda annoying sonce in random bgs ppl have no clue how to lock healer, they just keep wining every single bg if they have more healers ;/

Kinda sad conclusion that healers rules this game atm, team with more wins in 90% of cases.

Deleted
    Sad thing is it doesn't even make the queue any faster, I've tried it and I get the same queue times whether I'm DPS, healer or tank.

Just hope and pray that the healers on the opposing team are boosteds, I've yet to meet a boosted player that knows how to play.

The role system is just a front-end thing that's not been removed. They tried implementing the role system but people were abusing it and queuing as a healer, yet DPSing and the queue times grew longer for pures, warriors and dks, who didn't have an option to get faster queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    The role system is just a front-end thing that's not been removed. They tried implementing the role system but people were abusing it and queuing as a healer, yet DPSing and the queue times grew longer for pures, warriors and dks, who didn't have an option to get faster queues.
    How long was that actually in play? I thought I remembered trying it right away and got the same results (about the same wait on a priest regardless of selection as Horde; I even tried being in the opposite spec as the role I'd selected and switching once I was in). I could be wrong on trying during an active window though.

Oh people always queue as a healer in bgs, get in and switch to dps spec.

Alliance seem to always have a ton of healers, 5 in twin peaks the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tygry View Post
    How long was that actually in play? I thought I remembered trying it right away and got the same results (about the same wait on a priest regardless of selection as Horde; I even tried being in the opposite spec as the role I'd selected and switching once I was in). I could be wrong on trying during an active window though.
    Couple of days? I wasn't really into PvP during that phase of the expansion but I remember reading the WPvP and BG forums on the EU website and the most common complaint was queue time for Alliance, who normally have an instant queue time on EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't get faster q's as a healer so if you do that you are just fucking over your team.

Deleted
    Indeed, the matchmaking based on roles was never properly reimplemented. It doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    You don't get faster q's as a healer so if you do that you are just fucking over your team.
    it doesn't change ANYTHING but putting a different symbol next to your character

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    it doesn't change ANYTHING but putting a different symbol next to your character
    yea and only makes Your team loose badly...

Bit off-topic, but I really hope they force at least 2 healers into BG's. I don't care if the queue time will increase by a minute or two, queuing as a healer myself and being the only healer on the team is really boring. You can't really do anything most of the time, because you need a second healer to keep you up while stunlocked with 5 people on you.

I also think that's the reason why Horde tends to have less players healing in battlegrounds as Alliance. Once the snowball starts rolling, it'll get worse and worse, just like people blacklisting AV. The more people get thrown into a BG as the only healer, the higher the chance they'll stop healing in PvP, because it's horrible to do it solo.

I've never understood why they don't simply lock you to the spec you list as. Queue as a healer, when you port in you're in your healer spec and can't swap out. If you don't have a heal spec you can't list as heals.

I remember when they first announced this system people brought it up and their response was "why would people deliberately screw over their team?". You wonder sometimes...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    I think it's still there, but all it does is attempt to match heal numbers so if one side has 3 heals it tries to get 2-3 heals on the other. But if there's no heals available it just makes the match anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I remember when they first announced this system people brought it up and their response was "why would people deliberately screw over their team?". You wonder sometimes...
    People did that with LFR and Dungeon Finder. Granted that with the latter, it's forgivable if you are a really geared Plate DPS queuing as a Tank, or a Hybrid DPS queuing as a Healer.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    9 of of 10 random bgs from today morning, horde had 1 healer when alliance never goes under 3 even on 10 man bgs... .
    I got the same situation a couple of times but what I saw in the last days is that hybrid class join the queue as healer and then change to DPS once joined the BG.
    I hope they gonna find something out to prevent this because i hate to get targetted asap because i'm the only healer in the BG... it's kinda annoying!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I really hope they force at least 2 healers into BG's. I don't care if the queue time will increase by a minute or two, queuing as a healer myself and being the only healer on the team is really boring. You can't really do anything most of the time, because you need a second healer to keep you up while stunlocked with 5 people on you.

I also think that's the reason why Horde tends to have less players healing in battlegrounds as Alliance. Once the snowball starts rolling, it'll get worse and worse, just like people blacklisting AV. The more people get thrown into a BG as the only healer, the higher the chance they'll stop healing in PvP, because it's horrible to do it solo.
    They haven't ever forced players to do roles in bgs, why would they start now? I'm not sure how you can say it'll get worse since Horde queues are usually around 10-15 minutes and it's been like that for a very long time.

If anything, this wont increase queues by a minute or two, it would probably increase queues to 30-45 minutes, which would be unacceptable. I'd rather go 10 DPS and actually PvP than sit in queue doing nothing since my PvP gear is weak to all the PvE geared players in world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiri View Post
    I got the same situation a couple of times but what I saw in the last days is that hybrid class join the queue as healer and then change to DPS once joined the BG.
    I hope they gonna find something out to prevent this because i hate to get targetted asap because i'm the only healer in the BG... it's kinda annoying!!
    Prevent what? The role check for BGs doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it's still only in there to prevent people from inviting a bunch of people and queuing with AFKers or people not wanting to BG.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Then you should become that healer. Clearly the horde on your battlegroup have a problem, and you should be part of the solution.
    Chronomancer Club

Saw a boosted monk joining as healer and then respeccing to dps. Someone asked why he would do that but ofcourse no answer. And then when people started complaining that he was useless to the group and made us lose (this was before the BG started) he would say: "complain more". I just said to him, have fun dieing.
    The funny part is that he ragequit after just a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Saw a boosted monk joining as healer and then respeccing to dps. Someone asked why he would do that but ofcourse no answer. And then when people started complaining that he was useless to the group and made us lose (this was before the BG started) he would say: "complain more". I just said to him, have fun dieing.
    The funny part is that he ragequit after just a few minutes.
    Very rare for 1 person on a whole to make the group leave. Yeah, they might contribute to the loss, but it's still a team game... and it's usually mlutiple mistakes that cost the game.

That said, a lot of people take pug BG's too seriously. Yesterday I was in a group where people were complaining someone was under geared, and instead of grinding honor they should go do JP runs before setting into a BG. Attitudes like that make no sense... and it was said that 4 players thought that. Heaven forbid players use the appropriate mechanism to gear in PvP... one shouldn't have to PvE before PvPing.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Oh people always queue as a healer in bgs, get in and switch to dps spec.

Alliance seem to always have a ton of healers, 5 in twin peaks the other day.
    The solution would be to de-activate spec switching once you enter a que and stay that way until you exit the BG or canceled the que.

There's no matchmaking, they removed it after it screwed up queue times.

The role check for bgs is just front end placebo now.