Yet another Siegecrafter 10H problems thread

Greetings!

I never thought I'd have to do that, but let's be honest - this fight is really one of those that doesn't have a 'go-to' tactic or a simple fix for every problem.

First I'll list our group comp:

Tanks: BDK, Paladin
    Healers: Druid, Paladin
    DPS: Elem, Frost mage, Hunter, Warlock, Rogue, Spriest

So, our main strat currently is killing mines whenever possible. The worst part comes at wave 3. We have empowered laser 'rings of fire' from wave 2, and wave 3 itself is the empowered magnet. During those hellish ~20-30 seconds of
    - Room full of previous empowered laser fire
    - Non-empowered rockets going off
    - People kiting the new non-empowered lasers
    - People still having to evade new sawblades
    - Empowered magnet sawblades flying everywhere
    we tend to lose at least 2-3 people. We're usually at ~60-65% during that moment. Once we managed to lose only 1 DPS and died later at ~40%, don't really remember why.

When we tried dealing with empowered mines, we had a hard time whenever our ranged DPS had to kite lasers during the active empowered mines - other DPS couldn't bring enough CC and/or fast damage.

So basically I look at it now and see that most of our problems come from lasers. Any lasers, be it normal or empowered ones. Rockets (both empowered and normal) seem piss easy, at least from my perspective. I MIGHT be wrong in believing that, and if we decide to kill lasers we'll have an even harder time. We're currently at ~120 wipes and, as you can see, nowhere near success.

If anyone had a similar experience and might share some advice, it would be MOST welcome!

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Could you post some logs of some pulls you have made on the boss? When I was doing 10H Siegecrafter, we killed mines on the belt - empowered missiles is really easy to deal with in 10 man, and if you kill them quickly you don't even have to dodge them. For the empowered lasers -> empowered magnet bit, you need to keep an area on the platform free of sawblades and fire for your raid to stay safe in without losing uptime on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    So, our main strat currently is killing mines whenever possible. The worst part comes at wave 3. We have empowered laser 'rings of fire' from wave 2, and wave 3 itself is the empowered magnet. During those hellish ~20-30 seconds of
    - Room full of previous empowered laser fire
    - Non-empowered rockets going off
    - People kiting the new non-empowered lasers
    - People still having to evade new sawblades
    - Empowered magnet sawblades flying everywhere
    Assuming that by rockets you mean the shockwave missiles that spawn at the same time as empowered laser. You should consider killing the laser on the third wave of weapons, this would switch it from empowered magnet and normal laser to empowered magnet and normal shockwave missiles. The normal laser, depending on your positioning, can be very deadly while empowered laser is still on the ground and as you yourself said, shockwave missiles are very easy to avoid.

Deleted
    Just kill all the lasers, and if no lasers mines, if double mines, mines.

The trick to this encounter is keeping all the retards on a leash. You can't do that if you have missiles going off because people will scatter and then it will take 2 weeks to rope them into the right position again.

Here's Evrelia's guide and it's what we used to down it in 10m. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDEK...SwSKxeSoAA4L6w
    Strat starts at 4:05.

Deleted
    Who else exactly are you putting on the belt besides the hunter? Which is kind of a big deal as some of these classes should be doing good enough dps that you want them on the ground full time to maximize dps on the boss such as the lock, rogue and the frost mage. It can really make a difference between that 40% wipe and a 20% wipe.

Let the mines through and learn to deal with them. We derped on the same stuff as you for ages before we learnt to deal with mines.

You have an amazing combo to deal with cc'ing them even if a person gets affected by lasers.
    Pally tank can stun the first to come through and also talent dazing shield (He shouldn't need focussed shield to kill the shredder)
    Blood DK can stun or vortex, dru can vortex, shammy has earthgrab and cap totem, priest has roots, frost mage has ring of frost, deep freeze, pet nova and frost nova. warlock and rogue both have stuns and slows (I think)

Learning a rotation that works even when one person is kiting shouldn't be an impossible obstacle.

Someone said in a thread way back that the combo you deal with is like 0-100 difficulty where dealing with mines keeps it at a steady 60, its a decent analogy.

As others mentioned, the problem with rockets for people who progress is that, yes, while there is nothing you really have to do with them, they mess up the positioning which can be a problem. The way we have it, there is a predetermined spot everyone should be for every weapon that we kill. You cannot always do that and your example indicates this.

You have an extremely strong comp with the mines. You just have to get people to use their head. Our first kill pre-nerf always consisted of 3 melee and we almost always let the mines up because they weren't even an issue then. Your ele shaman can roots + capacitor project every single wave which is so incredibly powerful. Even if he gets lasered, you have so much ranged CC with that group, it has to be that your raiders are not paying attention.

Do note that the mines all spawn at pre-determined spot based on their position for each wave of the belt. Learn those 3 spots and learn the safe spots for the rest of the fight. its just general advice but my 2 cents

The toughest part is convincing your raiders to start over after 120 wipes but if you only are getting to that percent, you should consider it. Empowered laser (outside of that instance you describe) should never ever be an issue - it always lands at the same spot

10+ Year Old Account
    With your comp I would really suggest killing missiles on the belt, tanking the boss at the mine spawn point and dealing with the empowered/normal mines. I mean frost mage, ele shaman, lock, spriest, and rogue???

Well the lock and hunter can do the belt every single time (hunter with deterrence and lock with Glyph of Eye of Killrogg and teleport). If they take care of that, those mines shouldn't be a problem for an ele, spriest, rogue, frost mage - and anyone with engineering is a bonus.

Check this video of Ovarda's tactic - really good positioning keeping grouped together and finding safe zones as a group. Fight becomes really controlled this way and I think you'll find your healers will be much more effective with this tactic.

Deleted
    So, our main strat currently is killing mines whenever possible. The worst part comes at wave 3. We have empowered laser 'rings of fire' from wave 2, and wave 3 itself is the empowered magnet. During those hellish ~20-30 seconds of ...
    Then why don't you destroy the magnet on belt 3? We had the same problem in 10m and just did this...worked great (we did the "kill the missile" tactic, so we always destroy the missile but except on belt 3 the magnet.)

Here's a little c# prgram i wrote.... might be helpful to figure out the next overcharged weapon (or to avoid laser+magnet combo)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post26019909
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2014-03-31 at 12:07 PM.