Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    You mean those daily quest hubs that apparently most players complained and QQ'd about because they didn't want to do them at all, but yet they had gated "gear they needed to get" on those rep vendors they thought they needed to buy so they could queue for LFR or get into normal raiding?

Those same daily quest hubs were merely a stepping-stone to the content that Blizzard really wanted to you be in. Many of those quest hubs also had dailies that took you underwater in a lake or down in a cave - both places where flying mounts don't work. At least 1/3 of the dailies in the 5.1 content patch (Krasarang) were underground in that cave complex where flying mounts don't work.

As a result of all that QQ, it seems Blizzard is trying new things (to them) like TI - which, strangely enough once again completely kills flying mounts while there - but the odd thing is, almost no one is complaining about "no flying" there. So guess what? that will probably be the larger part of WoD's open world content and that would completely explain to me why Blizzard is taking the: "no flying at all in WoD for now" stance they are currently taking.

... and by the way, in 9 years of playing WoW, I don't remember a daily quest hub that wasn't just basically filler or a gate to slow players down from getting into what was the "real content" of the patch. When dailies are just "filler" or "gates" - that's just pretty close to what I'd call "irrelevant".
    So what you are saying then - if I get you correctly - is that because players complain about something that makes it irrelevant? I doubt you are but that is what this comes across as. You said they consider the world irrelevant (which is tbh rather arrogant of you to claim you know what Blizzard thinks about their stuff), and I point out that they put max level stuff IN those world zones so they cant consider them irrelevant and your answer to that is "yes but people didnt like it". People liking it is nothing to do with if Blizzard consider them irrelevant.

While you point out blizzard doing TI as an alternative to Dailies - are you forgetting Battlefield Barrens which was ALSO an alternative to Dailies? You could fly there of course.

Anyway this talk of dailies being QQd at - TI, whatever doesnt change the fact that Blizzard regularly put content for MAX level characters - in OPEN WORLD environements - the very open world you claim Blizzard think is irrelevant.

The truth is that Blizzard doesnt mind if people fly in the open world. They have always stopped the (mostly) while levelling but the fact they allow it when you get to max level does NOT prove that blizzard thinks that is now pointless content. It is clear YOU think of it as pointless content - but I can assure you that MANY people still have lots of use for the open world even at max level. It is NOT irrelevant. The reason Blizzard don't stop people flying in open world is becuase there is NO REASON to. Lots of people once they have dinged max level do not go back and finish the quests so there is no reason for Blizzard to force them to the ground to see the quests that they are not going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    DCUO doesn't even need you to hit "F"! It just goes straight from the body to the bags, unless your bags are full. But as soon as you open a spot for it, it flies into your bag. You can out-range this "loot magnetism", and then you'll need to hit "ctrl" to reactivate it when you get close again. Still it makes killing and looting multiple mobs (like 20+) a walk in the park. No stopping to loot for fear of it despawning!
    Engineering - The Loot-a-rang.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=60854/loot-a-rang

I think we are getting caught up on the definition of a specific word and not really the thought behind it.
    Maybe a bit, but its the fact that firstly you are claiming that Blizzard feels their own content is pointless once max level (and you do not have the authority to speak on their behalf), and more importantly you are claiming that is the reason why they allow flying at all - because they only allow flying in pointless content - because flying is too overpowered to use elsewhere. Its a pointless argument. You just don't like that something you don't want to use is more useful than something you DO want to use, so you want to stop others using it. It's a simple case of "I don't want you to like what I don't like - and if you must like it anyway I want someone to break it for you so you don't like it as much".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Tinker View Post
    Engineering - The Loot-a-rang.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=60854/loot-a-rang
    Hardly. Something you have to click, has a cast time and a cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Hardly. Something you have to click, has a cast time and a cooldown.
    This item does not. It is instant cast and refresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth mentioning that the 5.1 world content polled much higher than 5.2 or even TI.

I'm interested to see if Blizz can deliver a more dynamic experience sans flight.

But coming from a company that polls it subscribers for permission to raise prices, hints at not being 6 months behind schedule, and sells virtual IOUs...

I am skeptical that they will even try.

15+ Year Old Account
    This item does not. It is instant cast and refresh.
    No it doesn't, though it seems that since it was introduced into the game it had some fixes to make it better. Doesn't require a target and a 3 second cooldown. Used to have a 10 second cooldown and that was when there was no AoE looting. So when it was first introduced, it was complete garbage. An expansion later it's finally worth making.

No it doesn't, though it seems that since it was introduced into the game it had some fixes to make it better. Doesn't require a target and a 3 second cooldown. Used to have a 10 second cooldown and that was when there was no AoE looting. So when it was first introduced, it was complete garbage. An expansion later it's finally worth making.
    So instant cast and 3 second cool down. Still easier than running around clicking bodies in piles from room to room. Really helps on the TI.

15+ Year Old Account
    So instant cast and 3 second cool down. Still easier than running around clicking bodies in piles from room to room. Really helps on the TI.
    It's ok, IF you are an engineer. Still, it would be nice to have a one button push to loot without the looting animation.

It's ok, IF you are an engineer. Still, it would be nice to have a one button push to loot without the looting animation.
    I wasn't disputing that. I was just offering up the current work-around.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Lots of people once they have dinged max level do not go back and finish the quests so there is no reason for Blizzard to force them to the ground to see the quests that they are not going to do.
    I say the content is irrelevant - then you disagree with a 3 paragraph dissertation that ends with the statement I quoted.

In other words, Blizzard knows that many of their playerbase regarded that remaining quest content as irrelevant and let them have flying back at max level. They aren't planning on doing that this time around though - so that indicates to me that they don't want that content to be relegated to irrelevancy quite so fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Maybe a bit, but its the fact that firstly you are claiming that Blizzard feels their own content is pointless once max level (and you do not have the authority to speak on their behalf), and more importantly you are claiming that is the reason why they allow flying at all - because they only allow flying in pointless content - because flying is too overpowered to use elsewhere. Its a pointless argument. You just don't like that something you don't want to use is more useful than something you DO want to use, so you want to stop others using it. It's a simple case of "I don't want you to like what I don't like - and if you must like it anyway I want someone to break it for you so you don't like it as much".
    How would you even think I'm speaking on their behalf. I have watched their actions for years. I've read what they've posted now. It's just opinion, both from me and you.

Go look through the content that you could fly in for the past 7 years and tell me that it's always "the cutting edge" content. We have almost never been allowed to fly (except cataclysm) in the latest content. It's always been disabled until max or near max level (again, except Cataclysm) - then at that point, the newest content is almost always no-flying because it's released in the form of instanced dungeons and raids. Even open world islands released as content patches tend to be no-flight. Isle of Quel'Danis, Thunder Isle, Timeless Isle, etc...

There is no track record that you can point to where Blizzard has regularly allowed flying in their brand-spankin' new shiny stuff right off the bat. Once again, except Cataclysm.

How would you even think I'm speaking on their behalf. .
    Simply because you keep saying Blizzard consider the open world irrelevant.

They consider the open world "irrelevant" once you hit 90. Just like they considered it "irrelevant" in Wrath at 77 and TBC at 70.
    Not really, at least for Wrath. You could get flying at 77 because the last two 77+ leveling zones (plus the last few areas in Sholazar Basin), out in the open world, were designed for a flying mount. I personally really liked that design.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is wrong with adding flight later when it's no longer "current content" just so the people that want to do flyovers can enjoy it?

If it truly is a matter of resources, then I think that constitutes a management failure. Josh Mosquiera seems to know what the hell he's doing.

Maybe they can find something else for that Afrasiabi fellow to do...in the basement...in a broom closet.

The Timeless Isle model simply can't work on a large continent like Draenor. This is where Blizz has misread the tea leaves but they have done that many times in the past.

Deleted
    i dont like the fact that there is no flying i hate travelling for ages

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cezella View Post
    i dont like the fact that there is no flying i hate travelling for ages
    ''For ages''

Will probably take 2 - 3 more minutes to reach your destination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    ''For ages''

Will probably take 2 - 3 more minutes to reach your destination.
    You've never used a flight point, have you.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    You've never used a flight point, have you.
    In Draenor, a place specifically designed without flying mounts? No I haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    In Draenor, a place specifically designed without flying mounts? No I haven't.
    Why would the devs make the flight paths in Draenor more efficient than the rest of the game? More precisely do they have the time to revamp the flight paths for the entire game?