Thread: 100% Slows

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Seriously? Like really?

People are now bitching about Hamstring? Fucking Hamstring? Are you serious?

Without spamable (almost spamable) snares that game would be unplayable for most melee. Especially for Warriors/Monks, that have absolutely no ranged attacks. Paladins/Death Knights are essentially Melee/Ranged hybrids with a load of ranged attacks, yet even they depend on snares heavily otherwise they couldn't kill jack. Ferals/Enhancement Shammies and Rogues are on perma crack cocaine/speed mix, with a million get out of CC free cards.

Mages essentially have a trinket every Blink. Hunters have a stun/trap/cc effect every couple of seconds combined with huge gap openers. Druid healers are already almost impossible to keep up with. Mistweavers are obnoxious. Etc.
    I'm not sure about the intention of the other posts regarding Hamstring, but mine didn't specifically have a problem with it - just the size and effectiveness of a Warrior's control ability toolbox. They have too much, especially in comparison to other Melee specs. Whether or not this is an answer to a larger problem (casters having too many outs) is irrelevant, because if it were simply Caster vs Melee then all Melee would have a comparable toolbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    They should just make default runspeed 50% in bgs and arena and remove movement speed reduction skills.

Speed boosts should still exist, just less of them and longer cds.
    lol how in gods name did you come up with that horrible idea? WoW would have 0 subs

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    DK's have a similar number, but I think they have a 'spammable' RP dump. Once RP is gone, that's it. They've got DG, but generally they're as melee as everyone else.
    Also, don't warrior's have the spammable 'Throw' ability? I've never played one past level 40, but I do recall that they had one last time I played. It's not a lot of damage, but it certainly doesn't imply that Paladin's range abilities do lots of damage either.
    Regardless both DK's and Paladins can maintain pressure and do damage while at range. Of course only for a limited amount of time, but it helps during those inbetween 3-5 seconds when you are closing gaps, or when someone escapes melee range with 5% HP. Plus DK's can apply Plagues at range. Unholy can Death Coil. Frost can Howling Blast. Pet is also a thing. It matters that it's almost impossible to CC, and for Unholy it does a lot of damage. Chains of Ice is also ranged etc.

Throw hits for about 300 damage. It cannot crit and you cannot move or use any other action while throwing. It's a low level ability that was added to help with pulls at low levels. Heroic Throw has a 30 second cooldown and hits for something like 10k if you are really lucky.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2014-03-31 at 04:05 AM.

They could quite safely remove all snare type effects in PVP and just make a baseline 50% movement speed. "Movement resilience" lol.

Look at the way snares are pretty much auto-applied by just about every class. Especially melee. It's a fundamental requirement, considering how fast players move baseline. Hell I play with oceanic ping on a Rogue and I have to shadowstep to hit anything... (yay oceanic /wrists)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    lol how in gods name did you come up with that horrible idea? WoW would have 0 subs
    How about every time someone hits you you get 50% speed, like the way battle fatigue works (IIRC)?

Because that's pretty much how it works right now anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They could quite safely remove all snare type effects in PVP and just make a baseline 50% movement speed. "Movement resilience" lol.

Look at the way snares are pretty much auto-applied by just about every class. Especially melee. It's a fundamental requirement, considering how fast players move baseline. Hell I play with oceanic ping on a Rogue and I have to shadowstep to hit anything... (yay oceanic /wrists)

- - - Updated - - -

How about every time someone hits you you get 50% speed, like the way battle fatigue works (IIRC)?

Because that's pretty much how it works right now anyway.
    I fear pillar humping would become a sheer necessity rather than a luxury

15+ Year Old Account
    bottom line is that there is way too much cc in this game, and hopefully in WOD that will change........bc its getting really annoying.

Deleted
    50% snares are however here to stay, forever.
    The game engine requires players to be snared to function, and unless the world suddenly gets 100mbs fiber so you can play with very low ping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    50% snares are however here to stay, forever.
    The game engine requires players to be snared to function, and unless the world suddenly gets 100mbs fiber so you can play with very low ping.
    Never thought of that, and it makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Ferals/Enhancement Shammies and Rogues are on perma crack cocaine/speed mix, with a million get out of CC free cards.
    What? Do you even know what classes you just listed? Feral and rogues million cc breaks? That's just confusing as if you were calling snares cc I could see feral and rogue but enh shammy what? And if you meant real cc shammy has tremor and glyph'd rage vs feral and rogues have nothing...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Paladins... have lots of ranged abilities?
    1) Protection - Avenger's shield, Judgement, Taunt (none-damage), 90 talents, HoWrath below 20%
    2) Retibution - Judgement, Exorcism, Taunt (none-damage), 90 talents, HoWrath below 20% or with wings up
    The thing on that is I think you have to remember is whats left. Which is only 2 things so 4 vs 2 looks like more range than melee abilities. If wog didn't suck ret could glyph it and do whole rotation from range lol.

Deleted
    Those who are saying Rets don't have ranged attacks; shush. We have many. Judgement 40 yards (with PvP gloves), Exorcism 30 yards, Holy Prism 30 yards, Hammer of Wrath 30 yards, Execution Sentence 40 yards, Harsh Words 40 yards.

I use the Glyph of Harsh Words. Most underrated glyph I have ever seen. Avenging Wrath + Holy Avenger = Judgement + Hammer of Wrath to get instant 3 Holy Power + Harsh Words = insane damage from ranged that's pretty much spammable.

Yes, the damage is lower than simple attacking from melee range (because TV is superior to Harsh Words in every way, mostly because of Hand of Light), but when we need to, our ranged damage will get the job done.

15+ Year Old Account
    We kind of need slows and snares now, with them removing disarm melee are going to be harder to peel.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    We kind of need slows and snares now, with them removing disarm melee are going to be harder to peel.
    Last I checked only melee classes (and some pets) can disarm anyways, its not like disarms help ranged peel melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    My thoughts? I hope you aren't actually posting this from the viewpoint of a Hunter... Which is conveniently left off both your lists (Conc Shot, auto-daze via Chim Shot, traps, etc.)

All I can say is it's annoying. CC is so prevalent and part of everything done in PvP. It's boring and cheapens the entire experience.
    CC is what separates drooling mongoloids from good players.

Unfortunately, there's too much of it in the game right now.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Last I checked only melee classes (and some pets) can disarm anyways, its not like disarms help ranged peel melee.

Unfortunately Blizzard decided is was a good idea to give some prissy little bitch in a dress the ability to make me drop my axe from 30 meters away.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I'm still learning my newly boosted priest but I have found it a frustrating experience, warriors in particular, the minute you get some distance you're charged and snared, get some distance again jumped and snared, get some distance again charged and snared. Just a continuous circle.
    as opposed to ranged classes who can you hit that entire time. Do you get it now. Do. you. understand. Warriors can hit hard because they are only hitting you half as often as a ranged class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egzis View Post
    I swear, if vanilla was released right now with updated graphics, it would be the laughing stock of the decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This whole thread explains in a pretty nice manner how can Beliebers exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    CC is what separates drooling mongoloids from good players.

Unfortunately, there's too much of it in the game right now.
    Not even. Glyphs prevent anything other than a quick yell in vent when you're going to Poly, Blind, Incap, Trap/Scatter, etc. You don't even have to think about the CC - just pop it at an opportune time when yours price/CDs are up. Have a full row of dots on your target? Meh, glyph's for you covered.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    My mistweaver could >.>.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    My mistweaver could >.>.
    Well thats true but its still technically a melee class, and one with enough escapes & cc to be fine with losing disarm.

Pally slow is baseline by the way. The talent is utterly useless because you can easily just switch Seals.

They need to remove slows from a lot of classes. Feral and ret most of all since both classes have things to remove slows on themselves and have ridiculous speed. Now that hunters no longer have a dead zone they abso friggin' lutely do not need a slow of any kind.

Rogues and warriors should maintain theirs. It's very much a necessity for the two classes that are truly exclusively melee with nearly no ranged attacks whatsoever. I like where casters are for the most part in terms of slows though I'd argue that root durations/the number of roots that classes with roots have need a massive reduction.

This of course all follows the expected mobility nerf ALL classes are getting.

Monk slow I'm fine with since their mobility is so erratic. Dks with just chains of ice slow is perfect; desecrated ground in Cataclysm was some bullshit so I'm glad that's been changed.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2014-04-01 at 07:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Pally slow is baseline by the way. The talent is utterly useless because you can easily just switch Seals.
    They need to remove slows from a lot of classes. Feral and ret most of all since both classes have things to remove slows on themselves and have ridiculous speed. Now that hunters no longer have a dead zone they abso friggin' lutely do not need a slow of any kind.
    Rogues and warriors should maintain theirs. It's very much a necessity for the two classes that are truly exclusively melee with nearly no ranged attacks whatsoever. I like where casters are for the most part in terms of slows though I'd argue that root durations/the number of roots that classes with roots have need a massive reduction.
    This of course all follows the expected mobility nerf ALL classes are getting.
    Monk slow I'm fine with since their mobility is so erratic. Dks with just chains of ice slow is perfect; desecrated ground in Cataclysm was some bullshit so I'm glad that's been changed.
    lol wat you mean, it was cool to desecrate the whole place

No but srsly I still think passive slows should go and be replaced by slow button /w CDs and such, atleast then you would be aware of it