Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feel like server merges arent enough

Merging a dead server with another dead server honestly didn't do anything. Still hard to find proper raiding guilds and pugs, well, be prepared to wipe i guess.

Yeah, you can cross realm everything now, but how is that even going to help? Everyone still wants you in the best gear and not to mention if anything goes wrong you gotta sit there for an hour until they finish the blame game. It is also even worse because people can just leave and then that starts a chain reaction of members quitting and then its finished.

How many cross realm raids have you been in that just fail on first boss or halfway?
    Would blizz merge us again with another server?

Yes, they will merge you realm with more servers There are serveral multi-realm groups now so just wait for your turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Merging a dead server with another dead server honestly didn't do anything. Still hard to find proper raiding guilds and pugs, well, be prepared to wipe i guess.

Yeah, you can cross realm everything now, but how is that even going to help? Everyone still wants you in the best gear and not to mention if anything goes wrong you gotta sit there for an hour until they finish the blame game. It is also even worse because people can just leave and then that starts a chain reaction of members quitting and then its finished.

How many cross realm raids have you been in that just fail on first boss or halfway?
    Would blizz merge us again with another server?
    Sounds like half your problem is the community, something no amount of connecting is going to solve.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    What realm are you and what realms did you get connected with?

Mine (Darksorrow) got connected with 2 realms, and it didnt counter faction-balance because horde is still lacking in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Merging a dead server with another dead server honestly didn't do anything. Still hard to find proper raiding guilds and pugs, well, be prepared to wipe i guess. [...]
    That's really unfortunate. On my server this worked quite well. Our guild uses to do raids with a couple of randoms on the weekends and we usually can get to Thok or at least Spoils/Malkorok with almost no efford. Although I've to admit, we haven't recruited anyone yet off these runs.

Deleted
    Well mine realm get merged with 4 others but now is abit empty again because of... well you know lots of ppl dint want to sit on Garrosh 6-7 more months
    The good news are that we got alliance players in the Stormwind where previously you will meet only Guards

The only good thing about Connected Realms is more character slots if you're unfortunate enough to play on one of those realms. Otherwise, they haven't fixed much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Klokie View Post
    Yes, they will merge you realm with more servers There are serveral multi-realm groups now so just wait for your turn.
    I know you love Blizzard and that they can do no wrong but this is not ok. Something should have been done long ago if they had set aside their pride we would not be in this shit we are in now. 75% of my friends list is empty on my server. People are leaving and not coming back. This is time for drastic measure...not the " lets do things at snail speed"

Quote Originally Posted by Thralls Balls View Post
    I know you love Blizzard and that they can do no wrong but this is not ok. Something should have been done long ago if they had set aside their pride we would not be in this shit we are in now. 75% of my friends list is empty on my server. People are leaving and not coming back. This is time for drastic measure...not the " lets do things at snail speed"
    Your sever is dead, mine is not, so yeah for me blizz is doing things right... Though I do agree with you this should've been tackled a long time ago. But you also need to realize WoW isn't going to last forever. It WILL die someday and nothing blizz will do can change that. It's a 9-10 year old mmo now, I still think it's an awesome game but seriously dude, in this world where graphics > gameplay, it doesn't matter what blizz does as long as they're still on the Warcraft 3 Engine, ppl will still see it and say "it looks like shit"... hell, the new character models look amazing but i've heard plenty of ppl say "it doesn't compare to gw2, ffxiv, swtor ect..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    in this world where graphics > gameplay, it doesn't matter what blizz does as long as they're still on the Warcraft 3 Engine, ppl will still see it and say "it looks like shit"... hell, the new character models look amazing but i've heard plenty of ppl say "it doesn't compare to gw2, ffxiv, swtor ect..."
    Well shit I didn't realize Blizzard was supposed to become apathetic in regards to game design because the target audience for WoW are the "Tactikewl" 13 year old CoD players waiting to punch in Mom's Credit Card info...

SWTOR and GW2 are flat out bad games, they are soon to be joined by TESO and Wildstar. Graphics can't carry a game.

Honestly, they should've looked to addressing H:A ratios in addition to fixing "dead" servers.

Anyway, this change should've happened sooner, but didn't for whatever reason, I would wait until WoD to make a decent assumption though. I mean think about it, Server Mergers started when? After good guilds had started 5.4. Cross realm SoO started when any raider worth their salt has already killed HM Garrosh. This is also the end tier of an expansion and people have unsubbed and will stay that way until WoD.

Just wait for WoD launch when people come back, when content is new, when newly formed guilds won't be months behind, when there's a gear reset, and when interest in raiding spikes up again. If things aren't okay then (And I'm not saying they 100% will be) you would be justified in saying that drastic action needs to be taken.

As for right now, a lot of people have unsubbed, there's no desire to carry people without gear in PuGs, content is stale (And will be for quite a while), people have lost interest in raiding, which in turn hurts the pool of potential raiders.

Less and less people are playing right now. It's only going to get worse until WoD comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually thinking about this last night and was going to make a suggestion this morning about it.

I'm now playing on Exodar (which was merged with Medivh) after playing on Bleeding Hollow since Vanilla and I must say it's pretty terrible for the AH market and trying to get a realm group for something. I don't understand the purpose of the merging pretty much dead servers together. Doesn't seem to accomplish anything at all. I really feel that they should be merging low and medium (some cases high) pop servers together. That will make all of the servers viable for doing things IMO.

It's 7 months after the release of SoO and the top guild on the server (PvE) is only HC:13/14... There is definitely a problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rupprecht View Post
    I was actually thinking about this last night and was going to make a suggestion this morning about it.

I'm now playing on Exodar (which was merged with Medivh) after playing on Bleeding Hollow since Vanilla and I must say it's pretty terrible for the AH market and trying to get a realm group for something. I don't understand the purpose of the merging pretty much dead servers together. Doesn't seem to accomplish anything at all. I really feel that they should be merging low and medium (some cases high) pop servers together. That will make all of the servers viable for doing things IMO.

It's 7 months after the release of SoO and the top guild on the server (PvE) is only HC:13/14... There is definitely a problem here.
    Blizz will throw numbers at you, but the honest truth is the game is losing subs right now.

A realm dies for one reason only, the community on it.
    Other realms gain numbers, so therefore blizzard are not to blame.
    Mergers are a temporary solution, for there is no guarantee that it won't happen again to a newly populated or already populated realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Klokie View Post
    been waiting forever for mine to be merged between 6 and 11 pm its fine otherwise its dead

10+ Year Old Account
    blizz basically puts a bunch of servers together and hopes they play nicely. if not its not really blizzards fault unfortunately
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

At least you got merged... /TN

Quote Originally Posted by priestalisha View Post
    At least you got merged... /TN
    ^ This , we had 3 Horde guilds since Cataclysm and only 1 guy selling a few gems and enchants, unless you take on JC and enchanting you can forget to get your gear in order cause he charges 350g for every gem and 500g for simple enchants, we got like 10 people in Orgrimmar at night and there are maybe 3 things being said in trade chat in a 40 minutes time window.

Alliance is the same except you get 6 guilds that raid and a normal gem and enchant prices , but once again a dead trade chat at night and I haven't seen a Flex run pug being made since last week.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    ^ This , we had 3 Horde guilds since Cataclysm and only 1 guy selling a few gems and enchants, unless you take on JC and enchanting you can forget to get your gear in order cause he charges 350g for every gem and 500g for simple enchants, we got like 10 people in Orgrimmar at night and there are maybe 3 things being said in trade chat in a 40 minutes time window.

Alliance is the same except you get 6 guilds that raid and a normal gem and enchant prices , but once again a dead trade chat at night and I haven't seen a Flex run pug being made since last week.
    But this is what im saying. You don't have to look forward to merges. It doesn't do much you just get a few good things but overall merging a dead server with another dead server accomplishes nothing.

Merging doesn't always end well.

I for one would have preferred to stay alone on my realm. We (Akama) got merged with Dragonmaw and Mugh'tol. The main disadvantage is that those 3 being PVP realms, somewhat a viable dis balance in factions only made it worse every time they added a new realm. So, when you get merged, going from 1.5H:1A to 10H:1A is a pain in the ***.

More and more people are quitting because not only is it yet again that boring period before the next xpac where nothing happens, but people are also tired of not being able to do anything being ganked non-stop. And to make matters worse, the side that did see its numbers increase, also saw their market crash and their raiding not do any better.