10+ Year Old Account
    Actually there are plenty Half-breeds in lore, but i wouldn't add them as a subrace, the only i could accept as a subrace would be Half-elf, and mostly to evade the problem with Blood elf and High Elf and at the same time with the Alliance the Elfs they have been waiting so much time for (Yeah i know is not what people want... but is something :P )

10+ Year Old Account
    None of them are common. Even where half-elves are mentioned in the WRPG, they are said to be rare and disliked by both parent races. I don't see them as any more acceptable than any other half-breed.

There's plenty of ways one could make their character 'unique' without resorting to half-breeds, which really aren't that unique.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-03-30 at 11:06 AM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Just wanted to add somemore 2 copper. Not sure if its been mentioned in this thread so far but:

I would like 2 more color options for pandaren (in addition to black, grey and brown): red and blue for anyone who wants to follow the whole red/blue theme

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    None of them are common. Even where half-elves are mentioned in the WRPG, they are said to be rare and disliked by both parent races. I don't see them as any more acceptable than any other half-breed.

There's plenty of ways one could make their character 'unique' without resorting to half-breeds, which really aren't that unique.
    I didn't said they are "common", i was just stating that they are plenty Half-elf characters in the lore

at this point there are probably more half elves than high elves.

humans are waaaaaay more accepting of half elves than the high elves were so we can assume the majority of half elves werent in quel'thalas. and the high elves were semi integrated to human lands for around 10,000 years.
    Last edited by Immitis; 2014-03-31 at 03:38 AM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

humans are waaaaaay more accepting of half elves than the high elves were so we can assume the majority of half elves werent in quel'thalas. and the high elves were semi integrated to human lands for around 10,000 years.
    Personally, I don't think there are that many Half-Elves that they outnumber the High Elves.

Since so far as known, only the Windrunner sisters had Half-Elven offspring and their is one Half-Elf in the Royal Apothecary Society and that's it...

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought Kalecgos prefered a Half-Elf appearance? Wouldn't be too different from both Humans and Highelves and could add some flavor.

Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    Personally, I don't think there are that many Half-Elves that they outnumber the High Elves.

Since so far as known, only the Windrunner sisters had Half-Elven offspring and their is one Half-Elf in the Royal Apothecary Society and that's it...
    We know more Half-elves, we have:

Finnall Goldensword
    Magistrate Randalvarr
    Silverwolf elf
    Starfeller
    Alodi
    Apothecary Oni'jus
    Ielephia
    Borivar

and the Windrunner's sisters offsprings:

Arator the Redeemer
    Giramar and Galadin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    We know more Half-elves, we have:

Finnall Goldensword
    Magistrate Randalvarr
    Silverwolf elf
    Starfeller
    Alodi
    Apothecary Oni'jus
    Ielephia
    Borivar

and the Windrunner's sisters offsprings:

Arator the Redeemer
    Giramar and Galadin
    Three of which are actually canon, to my knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

Based on what lore sources? There is nothing to suggest any of this is the case, other than the last.

As for Kalecgos, he is a blue dragon, who in the game is simply shown as a human. Again, I see no reason to favour half-elves over... just about any other hybrid combination.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Just an interesting tidbit to share

Yekaterina Bourykina is a freelance 3D modeller working as a Character artist at Blizzard. It's likely that she is working on the new Female Draenei, and based on her mockup, we may get something that resembles her work.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/ybourykina
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Yekaterina Bourykina is a freelance 3D modeller working as a Character artist at Blizzard. It's likely that she is working on the new Female Draenei, and based on her mockup, we may get something that resembles her work.

?

Thats known for some time now. So yes quite possible that she does the draenei females, at least maybe the draft.
    Other then that, they only let their most experience artists working on the models, at least for the final polish pass.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2014-03-31 at 07:54 PM.

the main reason we dont see many half elves ingame is because they dont have a half elf model besides kalec who uses a slightly modified human model.

we didnt see many hobgoblins until cataclysm but we knew they were around. blizzard just needed a reason to make a model for them.

if high elves werent reskinned night elves we probably wouldnt have seen any of them until the blood elves were added.

if blizzard wanted to make a half elf character they would either need to make a unique model, something they dont do unless its a major character, (and even then theres still faction leaders without unique models) or they would have to give it a high elf or human model at which point whats the purpose of making it a half elf unless they are related to someone important? its just a waste of quest text and theyve got hundreds more quests to write.

alleria and turalyon should be showing up soon and when they do its likely arator will get a unique model, or should they become a subrace they would get a new model as well, even if it is just a human with longer slightly longer ears and glowy eyes.

we never saw a porcupine ingame until mists are we to assume porcupines were nearly extinct?

dalaran likely has a sizable half elf population. in the rpg books it said stormwind had a bunch of them should they make half elves playable they could easily make that cannon
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Well, Half-Elves have been around longer than the Guardians of Tirisfal, seeing as how the first Guardian was a Half-Elf.

We can assume that Half-Elves have been being produced for longer than any other sort of Half-breed. Long enough that it really wouldn't be too shocking to have a small population of them in existence.
    Based on what lore sources? There is nothing to suggest any of this is the case, other than the last.

As for Kalecgos, he is a blue dragon, who in the game is simply shown as a human. Again, I see no reason to favour half-elves over... just about any other hybrid combination.
    As mentioned above, Half Elves have been being produced since somewhere around three thousand years ago. Much longer than the recorded history of any other Hybrid sorts.

That's why High-Elves might be favoured over some other hybrids who lack that sort of history.

As for why Humans would expectedly be more tolerant of Half Elves... Well, that's pretty fucking obvious. High Elves were pretty arrogant in those days, and rather isolationist. They weren't the sorts of people who allowed others into their cities or social structure. Chances are, any Half Elves would be produced primarily by those less isolationist Elves who spent more time outside of Silvermoon. As such, most Half Elves would be produced in Human territory rather than that of Elves.

The First Guardian lived in Dalaran, and since that city had the most Human and Elf interactions it's just logical to assume that Dalaran is where most Half-Elves would be and have been produced.

Deleted
    For me the face of her model is too polish, I hope this is indeed a draft.

As for Kalecgos, he is a blue dragon, who in the game is simply shown as a human.
    Actually...

Forgot to mention this. He's got pointed ears underneath that delightful blue hair of his.

On a sidenote, I mysteriously have some vague possible memory of some source that implied that some of the Archmaji in Warcraft 3 were Half-elves... Would be interested if anyone else had any such memories. All I do know is that some of their art does give them somewhat pointed ears, and one RPG artwork of a Half-Elf closely resembles the standard Archmage.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2014-03-31 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Actually...

Forgot to mention this. He's got pointed ears underneath that delightful blue hair of his.

On a sidenote, I mysteriously have some vague possible memory of some source that implied that some of the Archmaji in Warcraft 3 were Half-elves... Would be interested if anyone else had any such memories. All I do know is that some of their art does give them somewhat pointed ears, and one RPG artwork of a Half-Elf closely resembles the standard Archmage.
    also, roughly 1/3 of the population of Theramore pre-cata were half-elves, it was one of the few cities that would take them in (in the novels i believe, though i can't remember which)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinryu View Post
    also, roughly 1/3 of the population of Theramore pre-cata were half-elves, it was one of the few cities that would take them in (in the novels i believe, though i can't remember which)
    That's RPG info, which is by now considered non-canon.

The RPG had ridiculous numbers of half-elves listed in every single bloody Alliance-controlled zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well with sub-races could they join the main cities, and then when more playable races are added will they join at the other cities?
    For the Horde!