View Poll Results: Which class would you like to see as the next class in WoW?

Voters
582. This poll is closed
  • Demon Hunter

218 37.46%
  • Tinker

157 26.98%
  • Bard

92 15.81%
  • Necromancer/Acolyte/Necrolyte

71 12.20%
  • Archmage/Battlemage

52 8.93%
  • Blademaster/Gladiator

29 4.98%
  • Dragonsworn

77 13.23%
  • Ranger/Sentinel/Scout/Dark ranger

80 13.75%
  • Spellbreaker

63 10.82%
  • Spiritwalker

17 2.92%
  • Technomage

22 3.78%
  • Templar

27 4.64%
  • Titanborn

57 9.79%
  • Warden

52 8.93%
  • Witch Doctor

41 7.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Witch Doctor = Shaman - there is no reason to double classes. Only Demon Hunter would be able to be unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    Where is the "I don't think there'll be a new class in wow" option?

Deleted
    Tinker. I really really would like to see that class! Gnome Tinker best class/race combo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lince View Post
    Where is the "I don't think there'll be a new class in wow" option?
    The thread is intended for personal opinion and speculation about their preference for the next class. If your option does not appear on the poll, you may post it in the thread. If you have no preferred class to see next, you may state that, or post elsewhere. There are only so many options for a poll, and people who post this non-sense really should use logic before posting this non-sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    well, it's more spectacular to do one new class than 3 new specs for already existing classes. So i doubt if Blizzard would add new specs instead of adding new classes.
    I don't know, they could flash it up a bit. Instead of "4th spec" they can call it "Path of the Titans!" and create green-fire type quests to unlock them and put them right on the box and sell copies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    The thread is intended for personal opinion and speculation about their preference for the next class. If your option does not appear on the poll, you may post it in the thread. If you have no preferred class to see next, you may state that, or post elsewhere. There are only so many options for a poll, and people who post this non-sense really should use logic before posting this non-sense.
    You should really use logic before wasting poll options with things like:
    -Blademaster
    -Necromancer
    -Archmage
    -Witch Doctor
    -Templar

All of which are discounted for obvious reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would have been nice if in the OP you gave a brief description of each option. I never played the RTS so most of those options are literally just names with no meaning to me. I mean, if I had the choice to just add any random class, it wouldn't be the ones listed there....as far as I know. A gravity controlling mystic, a la Dragon Nest. Or a magic slinging knight like Orlandu the Sword Saint from Final Fantasy Tactics. I have no idea on the lore, abilities, appearance or anything else for all the names on the list. It's meaningless and lacking in context.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no "there won't be a next class in WoW" option.

I've voted for the Dark Ranger set simply because I forsee that to be a next spec for Hunters.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I'd kind of like to see a ranged class that incorporates the theme of siege technology - explosives, traps, turret deployment, etc. Someone posted a thread a few days ago about an artificer class, and I think that'd be pretty rad.

Of course, Survival hunters have all of those things in abundance, so that's a no go.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    My vote goes to nothing listed in pool.

I really think that wow could use a magical girl class (available for both genders for gameplay reasons). It would really fit the theme.
    You're playing FF X-2 HD right now aren't you

but sure... alright, I'm on board.

Ones I don't like
    >We already have Templars with Paladins.
    >Witch Doctors can be priests or shamans.
    >I'm fairly certain Spirit Walk is an actual Shaman spell, so a Spiritwalker class just seems unnecessary.
    >Necromancers are essentially Warlocks with undead instead of demons.
    >Archmage / Battlemage sounds like a plate-wearing semi-melee mage, which seems terrifying from a pvp perspective and unnecessary from all others.
    >Blademaster / Gladiator is a warrior pure and simple.
    >Ranger/Scout/Dark Ranger would be a hunter without the pet, which is already being offered as a talent (unless they've changed it since I last checked it, which is entirely possible).
    >Demon Hunters are already split between rogues, hunters, and warlocks in their various abilities.
    >Bard seems fun on paper but impractical as a class outside of raids, battlegrounds, and instances.
    >Mages can already bend time, and with Tinkers in mind it doesn't seem practical to have a technomage.
    >Wardens are essentially plate-wearing rogues. Much like Archmage this seems negative balance-wise and unnecessary.

Classes I'm iffy about
    >Tinker seems both silly, and impractical as range, melee, tank, and heal. It's bad enough they have siege engines, motorcycles, gunships, and gyrocopters in a game with elves and orcs that still use sticks and stones, but reality is very moot in the face of gameplay and enjoyability, and thus I can probably tolerate its addition to the game.
    >Dragonsworn could be interesting as it could incorporate dragon allies, blessings of the aspects, etc. and could have a storyline dealing with a need for the return of the dragonflights.
    >Titanborn could be similar to the Dragonsworn in that they channel the powers of the titans, utilize titan construct allies, and have a storyline dealing with the return of the Titans to aid in the struggle against Sargeras.

tl;dr Dragonsworn or Titanborn are the only ones that could really stand out as a mostly unique class, though not together. They're both practical and could serve to provide fresh air and continuity for the overall storyline.

Disclaimer: The reasons provided above are all speculation and opinionated and thus are not to be taken as fact or accurate predictions of Blizzard's abilities to make classes or their viability as a functioning class in the world of warcraft.
    Last edited by Redlokyldoreifanggore; 2014-03-27 at 04:02 AM.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

I don't know why people would think playing a bard would be fun.

I voted for Demon Hunter, Dark Ranger and Battlemage.

Battlemages are sort of like Death Knights but if they were given different abilities it would still be a neat class.

Dark Rangers would be different then hunters because they use shadow magic and more stealth.

Demon Hunter just because. They would have to add more glaives into the game and make new animations for them because the ones they have now don't fit.

A lot of those are already classes. Sentinel is a night elf warrior. Dark ranger is an undead hunter. Blood elf warriors are spellbreakers. Blademaster is an arms warrior. Templar is a paladin. Spiritwalker is a shaman. Archmage is a mage. Warden is a night elf rogue. Witch Doctor is a troll priest.

I could see an argument for Blizzard giving more racial flavor to classes. Making a troll priest seem like a witch doctor or a night elf warrior seem like a sentinel. But there certainly isn't enough there for a whole class, especially since several of them are very race specific.

Deleted
    This has no relevance. We are not looking for a niche class. Please do not attempt to derail this thread. If someone wants to select something with any of those criteria, they are welcome to. After all, it is THEIR opinion... not yours to shove down their throat.
    The argument of every single Demon Hunter fanboy.

"We're not looking for our class to be unique, we just want to be the edgy children magnet!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post

"We're not looking for our class to be unique, we just want to be the edgy children magnet!"
    everyone says demon hunter already fits into the mold of rogue or warlock but we don't really have a shadow/fire spell using leather wearing melee character.

I desperately want a new ranged spellcaster, yet all the new classes were melee. Battlemage would be nice, a melee-ranged hybrid. One spec mainly melee, another one ranged caster and third probably a tank or a healer.

In terms of magic schools used, there's a severe lack of Arcane. Some kind of Arcane/Fire/physical for Battlemage or Arcane/Shadow/ranged physical for Dark Ranger or w/e would fit.
    Last edited by Nightfall; 2014-04-01 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    Well, this is all about personal opinion, so feel free
    Necromancer - a mix of warlock and deathknight (unholy) playstyle... but i really doubt it !

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post

I am pretty sure he meant what he said. You changing his words around seems to invalidate your point.

On Topic: Well, if it is all about personal opinion, and not popular choice, for me, it is a tossup between Tinker and BattleMage (if done correctly). Blizz seems to do things based on popularity, so the Battlemage will likely never make it. Most likely we will either see a Tinker or a Demon Hunter. If we do see it, it will be because Blizz wished it, not because I did. Realistically, I would rather see all the classes fully balanced before introducing a 12th class. The introduction of the 12th class means Blizz will have to unlock a 12th slot on each realm. Honestly, it would be nice if we could get enough slots per realm for one of each class on both sides. Would keep me from realm hopping so much.