Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    But multidotting is awesome for a bit more complex gameplay than just spamming a few skills over and over..
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    That's like 1 fight in the entire instance which is protectors. Demo and sometimes destro dominate every single other fight.
    You're literally just getting boring now.

@OP Elemental and Hunter are the way to go bro!
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-04-01 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    But multidotting is awesome for a bit more complex gameplay than just spamming a few skills over and over..
    I don't care what kind of a goddamn genius you are at putting moonfire and sunfire on mobs, balance will never be "complex."

It will be "awkward and frustrating as shit" though.

Likewise for the rest of the multidotting world.

Deleted
    What addons do people use to track multi-dotting? (My only relevant toon has a SP off spec. if it matters.)

Do you not multidot on melee too?
    Whenever I play my rogue, I put the finisher dot on multiple targets
    On my pally I judgement different mobs when I can (with that glyph I think that makes it to more damage)
    DK has dot spreading abilities, but sometimes requires dotting other mobs too far away when target switching
    the list goes on... Multidotting is a part of WoW, and it is laziness to not do so.

Ele sham and hunter have the least multidotting of everything, try one of them but still expect to use dots

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    Multidotting is a part of WoW, and it is laziness to not do so.
    Assuming that it's worth a GCD to put a dot on anything that moves isn't laziness on the other hand; it's stupidity.

Is it really that hard to multi dot ?....

Frost mage, destro lock, ele shaman. Multi dotting is such a small dps gain with these specs (compared to aff lock and spriest etc) that the difference between multi dotting and not multi dotting isn't really that big a deal.
    A frost mage on protectors spamming Nether Tempest and keeping it up on bosses and adds as much as possible, while doing the normal rotation, is doing WAY more damage than just using the single target rotation, so its a big deal and that's not the only boss where multi dotting is useful.
    You can ignore it if you play just for "fun" but if you want to get in high places you gotta put some effort in learning how to multi dot properly.

Deleted
    Multidotting is fun when you get spell procs, for example with a Balance Druid.

Im sorta in the same spot as you. but to me its more about the things outside raiding. soloing old content etc, just so much easier as melee :s
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I also want to play casters, but I hate having to prepare my spells for the day.

Play a destro warlock. If you have 4 or more mobs, cast fire and brimstone and when you cast immolate it spreads to EVERY mob within a 10 yard radius, so that's two buttons that you press. Then while fire and brimstone is still up, cast conflagrate x2 and incinerate and you just BLEW the F UP 4+ mobs at 300-900k dps (depending on gear). Then before your target dies, cast shadowburn, get 2 more embers and BLOW UP anything else that isn't dead then continually gain 2 embers through shadowburn and crit for 400-700k on an instant cast.

Easy enough right?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's like 1 fight in the entire instance which is protectors. Demo and sometimes destro dominate every single other fight.
    What game is this? Can't be WoW since Affliction dominates every single fight except maybe Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer to this question, and to all questions, now and in times to come, is "hunter".

If your raid leader is worth his/her salt, he/she knows the difference between useful dps and padding/cheesing
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Play a healer. Healers do not have dots!

destro lock, dotting does almost nothing, when we need to cleave, we can just havok chaos bolt adds, u also get an awesome tank pet incase u want to solo stuff, and u get ur own spellpower buff + battle res, and fort. plus you do great dps. ele shamans are good too, and balance druids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    Play a healer. Healers do not have dots!
    Exactly. They have hot [...]

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there you go - from the WoD patch notes they want to remove the need to multi-dot or even dot at all from mages, so play one of them if you're really that concerned about it.