Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Betrayal quest should be a real feature!

I think the betrayal questline that was introduced as an april 1st joke should be real.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Warlords of Draenor Preview - Faction Change/Betrayal Quest
    It looks like we're still getting information from the European press tour of Warlords of Draenor from February and the NDA has been lifted on one of the major features of Warlords of Draenor.

Judgehype, Mamytwink, and Millenium all posted about one of the biggest features we were able to test was the faction betrayal questline, which allows you to change factions without changing your race.

Important points:
    • The Alliance and Horde have been arresting the neutral Goblins and seizing their assets to fund the upcoming Draenor war effort, killing them when they resist. Each faction feels that this is justified, as the Goblins have been profiting off of the war between the Horde and Alliance for a long time.
    • You begin the quest by looting a Spy Report and taking it to Gazlowe, who is in need of assistance. He will consider your offer to help him until Warlords of Draenor has been released and the next phase of the questline is activated.
    • Upon accepting your help, Gazlowe and the Steamwheedle Cartel will require your protection at various points around the world, with their trade caravans, and eventually in Booty Bay.
      • Some of these events have a weekly participation cap, which will limit how fast you can complete this part of the quest line.
    • Baron Revilgaz will send you on a mission to protect Booty Bay. Something goes wrong and it ends with your capture and imprisonment in Tol Barad.
      • Upon reaching this phase of the quest, you are flagged as a traitor to your faction and you become a PvP target for both the Horde and the Alliance.
    • You escape from Tol Barad and meet up with the Steamwheedle Cartel again in a solo scenario.
    • You are then given the task of assassinating your faction's leader in another solo scenario, which was unavailable during testing. The faction leaders are traveling in a caravan to the Dark Portal. You are joined by members of the other faction, who see your heroic deeds and invite you to join them.
    • Upon joining the other faction you are still not trusted, and must unlock cities other than Stormwind / Orgrimmar by earning reputation with the various Alliance / Horde factions. Reputation is earned through defeating players of the other faction in PvP and doing quests that involve PvE.

Rewards
    • Your character changes factions, your race remains the same.
    • You are awarded a new character title: <the Traitor>
    • You also get a new pet:

A couple sidenotes
    • You can keep and continue to use your faction specific mounts.
    • You can keep anything in your inventory or void storage, but your old faction will seize any assets left behind in your bank.
    • This is a one way change, you won't be able to change back after you do the quest.
    With the addition that it's not a one-way change and that you can change back after 3 months (quest is available once every 3 months). And your own race NPCs are Unfriendly. They won't attack you, but will when you attack them or their faction attacks you. When you reach Honored at a new factions capital city or subfaction then your own race NPCs Unfriendly state will change into Hostile.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2014-04-01 at 08:39 PM.

Why bother having factions at all if you're going to allow the undead to chill with the worgens and the blood elves with the humans.

These two combos HATE each other.

Obvious joke is obvious and should stay a joke.

Answer: No

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    ...not a one-way change and that you can change back...
    That pretty much screams 'fail' and 'exploit'.

If they'd add anything like this, it'd be a paid service. The whole reason faction changes are a paid service, is that it's to prevent constant switching between factions. Well, that and it's profitable

Also, never gonna happen.

Deleted
    I would love to have my Human DK with the Forsaken. You know, he's just as dead as they are. ^^

Because it is a great possibility of playing with your Alliance friends without having to play awful, unwarlocky race, like dwarf or gnome? It gives double the amount of people to form raids, groups, participate in events etc etc. Since we have MoP, we know actually that faction is a question of choosing (political) side, not a racial belongivity. Not to mention that factions currently give NOTHING AT ALL beyond +1 database entry for your character, both in fact and in lore.

I also always wanted such feature. If NPCs such as Jaina or Thrall can manage cross-faction relations, surely simple players can do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Because it is a great possibility of playing with your Alliance friends without having to play awful, unwarlocky race, like dwarf or gnome? It gives double the amount of people to form raids, groups, participate in events etc etc. Since we have MoP, we know actually that faction is a question of choosing (political) side, not a racial belongivity. Not to mention that factions currently give NOTHING AT ALL beyond +1 database entry for your character, both in fact and in lore.

I also always wanted such feature. If NPCs such as Jaina or Thrall can manage cross-faction relations, surely simple players can do it too.
    Actually hilarious you bring up Jaina, you know the person who wanted to dismantle the horde at the end of mop, and then you bring up Thrall who has little love for the alliance.

Not to mention Jaina was shot down when she was fleeing Lordaeron by the horde. Or thrall was captured by the alliance and enslaved.

These 'relations' you speak of are only for diplomatic purposes (I.e. Don't kill X if you see them they're going to take care of Y for us., and vice versa.)

No, OP. This would single-handedly ruin the entire game. You may as well just throw all the fucking lore out the window and let people do whatever the hell they want in the game. At that point, turn it into Minecraft. Let the population of players rebuild whatever zones they want and spawn in epics and raid achievements with the click of a button.

No. It's a terrible fucking idea. And Blizzard knows it. That's why it's an April Fool's joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some fun servers with this wouldnt be a problem imo.

Which have no connection to lore.

Also add some other strange stuff
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    No. It's a terrible fucking idea. And Blizzard knows it. That's why it's an April Fool's joke.
    Panda's were once just an "April Fool's joke" too....look where we are today.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

like the pandaren? oh wait

I'm not playing anymore (some announced WoD things were the last straws to me), but if I were, I'd welcome the idea of being able to leave your faction and go to the other one, assuming it would be time consuming enough to make sure only people who REALLY wanted to do it would actually do it (think about pre-cata Insane in the Membrane)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Some fun servers with this wouldnt be a problem imo.

Which have no connection to lore.

Also add some other strange stuff
    No new realms will ever be created again.

This idea would be a massive waste of time because it'd thin out the already skewed realm populations and shuffle them into this terribly structured realm where people can throw lore out the window (You know, what the game is ENTIRELY based upon) and do whatever they want.

And here I thought it was another belf/human trying to find a way to get Helfs to join the Alliance. Faction change is crap, in every game. It's faggy like hell.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was suggesting this before they made faction changes a $25 fee. -.-

I thought, let us keep the race but have a quest to move faction. I mean if you want to change races there is race change, but still, Alliance-Orcs or Blood Elves or Horde Night Elves or Humans could be interesting...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

It just wouldn't work in any way for older characters.
    "oh you have killed a hundred thousand enemy soldier, but you help goblins? get out of here!"
    "Oh, there comes the person responsible for a genocide, savior or goblins! join us!"

And there would still be morons who fail at that so hard they need to make it an instant deploy button.

Yes, but less money for Blizzard since no one will pay for faction change, so they will not implement it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be good on RP Servers, not on PvE or PVP ones.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Would be good on RP Servers, not on PvE or PVP ones.
    It would actually be one of the last straws for the RP realms. It makes no sense for blood elves to ever go back to the alliance, and Worgens and Undead to ever co-exsist. Hell, good luck with stopping the Orcs and Humans from fighting.

I actually can't stop laughing - panda playing person speaking about april fool's joke. Panda player speaking about how ridiculous it is when one race joins both factions.

You know, lorewise both factions still have their own ideals and political views. I fail to see how one particular Undead warlock could not one day realise that he fails to see any bright future for himself in the world of orccraft which Horde has turned into, and why he can't start looking for a ways to join Alliance, just because Horde no more fits his ideals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post
    Why bother having factions at all if you're going to allow the undead to chill with the worgens and the blood elves with the humans.

These two combos HATE each other.

Obvious joke is obvious and should stay a joke.

Answer: No
    Never heard the story of Valeera Sanguinar and Varian, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I actually can't stop laughing - panda playing person speaking about april fool's joke. Panda player speaking about how ridiculous it is when one race joins both factions.

You know, lorewise both factions still have their own ideals and political views. I fail to see how one particular Undead warlock could not one day realise that he fails to see any bright future for himself in the world of orccraft which Horde has turned into, and why he can't start looking for a ways to join Alliance, just because Horde no more fits his ideals.
    Besides the fact that the alliance would kill him on sight for committing war crimes against the alliance?

P.S. The reason why he's saying no isn't because he is against a race going to both factions, it's because lore wise it makes no fucking sense.

P.P.S. The Panderan were introduced as a split faction. At the end of the starting zone you were offered a choice between going to Ji Firepaw's choice (Horde) because they fit his ideals, or the other panda's choice (Forgot her name) Lorewise, it made sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AdaptValkyrie View Post
    Never heard the story of Valeera Sanguinar and Varian, have you?
    You mean the two gladiators that were FORCED into competing with other people or they would've been slaughtered by their master?

Yea, I have. Have you?