Deleted

Question Got any Blackfuse HC belt tips?

Hey guys,

So last night we finally got Thok HC down (yay), and I'm prepping for Blackfuse. I'll be perma-belt so I'm after any tips you can give regarding build or tactics that'll help me maximise my DPS on there.

I normally raid SV, but guessing BM will be better for that fight to line up bestial wrath with each belt (I have assurance HC)?

For talents, blink strike and glaive toss? Anyone tried lynx rush with BW up?

I know about the disengage onto the belt jobby, and will be taking a hyena as I think I'll outrange our shaman aura.

Literally anything you think will help me, will help me

Thanks community!!

-Lee

Don't use Lynx Rush.

Blink Strikes or AMoC both work depending on whether you want a bit more damage consistently to every belt or a cooldown you can use for some belts. Use the disengage trick to get onto the first belt and alternate that way or you're going to have issues trying to disengage with magnets happening.

10 or 25?

I only have experience in 25m belt order so it might vary a bit for 10m. But anyway, the 3 best tips I can give are:

1) Do not Disengage off right as you kill a weapon, Disengage off the belt line when there is 3-4 seconds left until the next wave so you can avoid as much damage as possible. Also getting dragged off the belt by the game mechanics wastes time a lot and you might get hit by fire sometimes.

2) Figure out when you have Magnets active and for those you just jump in the pipe as any other class would do if they were on belt. It's extremely annoying to try and skillshot a jump on the pipe when you are being pushed back/forward.

3) Use Spirit Bond, trust me.

I also want to recommend trying to utilize pet-swapping so you constantly have rabid up. It won't always line up, but in a case where you need to attack let's say the third weapon on the lineup and want to burst it down without using too many cds (depends on the situation I would also say), try bringing out ol' Rex out of the stables and let him have a bite at the weapon for a round and let him use up that rabid debuff!

Also be ready to just send your pet to the boss. You feel like times are tough, magnets are tugging you or you're a bit cramped on time? Sending the pet to the boss is quick, easy, efficient way to "dismiss" (it will leave you when you disengage on the belt due to distancing yourself from your poor hyena) and just to not really worry too much about accidentally forgetting to send it away or something. We're humans, it happens.

Are you also using ToTH? I feel like it's superior for the belt in comparison to Fervor. Don't use lynx rush.. ever. I think that's just rule of thumb for hunters in general after the amazing nerf of the ability in general patches ago.

Deleted
    Thanks for your comments so far guys - really useful. I'll be on 10m, but I like the tip of staying on the belt as long as possible.

I wasn't sure about fervor or TotH to be honest - that might be one I swap out as our attempts progress.

Spirit bond over Iron Hawk? Can you survive clipping a beam on the belt?

Quote Originally Posted by trollsroyce View Post
    Thanks for your comments so far guys - really useful. I'll be on 10m, but I like the tip of staying on the belt as long as possible.

I wasn't sure about fervor or TotH to be honest - that might be one I swap out as our attempts progress.

Spirit bond over Iron Hawk? Can you survive clipping a beam on the belt?
    Deterrence will allow you to go through the beam if you really have to but you're better off saving it for running through fire (you won't gain superheated stacks with deterrence up).

You use Spirit Bond because you are likely never going to be in range of a Healer but you'll still be taking a bit of damage from shredder Overloads so you need it to not die.

Deleted
    Pro, thank you.

There are two ways of disengaging up when you already have the debuff. One is standing on the high edge of the pipe, jump, and disengange direclty on the belt. The other way is jumping into the pipe, you will get thrown upwards, disengange at the highest point and you will land on the belt (glyph of disengage is very helpful here). Advantage of the second method: its very reliable, you can easily do it everytime, doenst matter if the magnet is active or not. Disadvantage: you might take a little falling dmg which can kill you if you jump in the pipe with very low healt, but thats easily avoidable (healthstone is your friend). It might be faster or slower than the first method mentioned, depending on how much time you need to position yourself on the edge of the pipe.

you will get oneshot by the beams on the belt (dont know if detterence works here? cloak of shadows does). it normally does like 10 million dmg to you. Spirit Bond is very good for the fight because you take no dmg on the belt and you get healed up a good amount in that time. Depending on your strategy, there wont be any healers in range for the few seconds your on the main platform, so any form of healing is very welcomed as you will take dmg by lasers/missiles/overload.
    Last edited by hYrsch; 2014-04-03 at 10:04 AM.

I soloe'd it on 10m normal with my 551 alt hunter.I mainly raid as SV bur for the belt i chose BM, I only have normal AoC but with HC I think you might have Bestial wrath for every belt wich is a big plus.

Don't forget that if you jump on the pipe normally, your pet will be teleported with you on the belt, but if you do the disengage trick and you don't dismiss your pet before, he'll bug and you won't have it on the belt, which is problematic for a BM hunter. If you want to avoid this you could stay SV, but I think it's less suited for the belt.

I run Fervor - BS/aMoC(depends on mood) - Barrage as Survival(always did it as SV).

-Fervor is more reliable for belt than DB(pet pathing, instant focus gains).
    -BS/aMoC, aMoC is for if you need DPS on some random belts, would recommend it for progress.
    -Barrage, Very rarely will you get 2 GTs off, and if you do, you have most likely failed that belt. Also considering you have your procs up(namely Rapid Fire!) always at the start of a belt, Barrage gets much better value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    I soloe'd it on 10m normal with my 551 alt hunter.I mainly raid as SV bur for the belt i chose BM, I only have normal AoC but with HC I think you might have Bestial wrath for every belt wich is a big plus.

Don't forget that if you jump on the pipe normally, your pet will be teleported with you on the belt, but if you do the disengage trick and you don't dismiss your pet before, he'll bug and you won't have it on the belt, which is problematic for a BM hunter. If you want to avoid this you could stay SV, but I think it's less suited for the belt.
    You won't have BW up for every belt. That is why SV is better because of consistent damage. Also pet issues on this fight are very annoying to deal with.

Deleted
    Hi!

For our first and second kill on Siegecrafter HC I was BM and I used the following talents:
    1. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera
    2. Binding Shot
    3. Spirit Bond
    4. Dire Beast
    5. Blink Strikes
    6. Glaive Toss

The main difference is that you'll have to generate on demand burst every 40 seconds. With your HC Assurance you should be able to have Dire Beast and Bestial Wrath up for every belt. I did it with a Windwalker Monk helping me out since you can't solo them unless you get double trinket proc + agi pot :P (or at least I couldn't at the time).

What I did to get my belts sorted was use the disengage trick to get on to the first belt and use the pipe for the second. After that, repeat this for every set of belts afterwards and should should get as little damage on your as possible so your Spirit Bond can heal you back to full during the time up the belt. I also try to time getting back onto the main platform in such a way that I can get back onto the belt immediately. this way you have less chance to get damaged by raid wide abilities and less chance of you dying to them I'd recommend using the pipes at the end of the belt to teleport you right next to the pipe you use to get onto the belt.

You cannot get hit by the beams on the belt. EVER. they hit for 10,000,000 unmitigated dmg. They kill you basically :P

Pet pathing is a problem if you do not dismiss your pet when you disengage onto the belt so make sure you do that if you chose to spec BM and are disengaging onto the belt. If you jump into the pipe to get on, the pet doesn't bug (at least it hasn't bugged for me yet).

With hero and pre-pot you should be able to solo the first belt to give the other on 10m HC. This'll help the raid out a lot since the other DPS can just sit on the boss for the first 30-40 seconds of the fight and have full use of his/her hero.

After the nerfs they gave him I was also able to do the belt as SV, but the element of RNG with the LnL procs doesn't lend itself for progression. If you don't get lucky on LnL procs and you fail because of that, it sucks :S

It took us a good 123 wipes before we got our kill, but that was pre-nerf.

Disengage off the belt before you get dragged off, getting dragged off wastes alot of time on next one.

With Heroic Warforged AoC you have Bestial Wrath for every belt if BM. I play survival on it with nps.

Make sure you don't have debuff from jumping in when magnet activates, it's just safer and easier to use the pipe with magnet up.

Deterrance to walk through fire to not get superheated stacks on main platform.

I use a weak aura of text to show what target I'm killing and on what belt number. It's handy so you can just focus on doing your thang.

Good Luck.

If you want to try it as SV, use frost trap as soon as you get up there. It doesn't move with the belt and it'll trigger LnL straight away so it takes away some of the RNG that people say there is for SV when doing the belt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amethon View Post
    If you want to try it as SV, use frost trap as soon as you get up there. It doesn't move with the belt and it'll trigger LnL straight away so it takes away some of the RNG that people say there is for SV when doing the belt
    Ah this is a nice tip, thanks

On 10m, I'd go with Spirit Bond for the heals. We do it with 3 hunters and a WW monk, and his chi wave pretty much is OP and keeps us up, but when I was 10m before it was me and a lock, and 10m generally 2 heals it, and those healers are busy on the other side of the room.

Most of everything else is covered here. I use the jump in the pipe with the debuff thing and disengage from the top of the screen method, because apparently pipe walking is hard.

I'd say BM with 2 Spirit Beasts any day. Rotate the two pets each time you go up for continous Rabid uptime, Spirit Mend when things get hectic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

You won't have BW up for every belt. That is why SV is better because of consistent damage. Also pet issues on this fight are very annoying to deal with.
    I say BM is more reliable damage because with survival, you're relying on procs to get you where you need to on belt damage. I am consistantly ahead of both of our survival hunters every week by a good margin as BM, mind you I might have decent trinkets and all that, but they do as well, and the numbers don't lie. You depend on putting BA on the weapon and hoping it gets you good LnL procs, and in case of it not doing so, my pet's already outDPSing the unluck you had the first go. Pet issues are only a problem when you first learn how to handle the belt, otherwise it's fine. Using Barrage > Glaive Toss is kind of feeling like a padding situation as well, glaive toss is up more than Barrage, so that highly confuses me. And AMOC > Blink Strikes? I don't even know how to respond to that lol.

I do admit, our hunters don't put traps down such as frost trap to try to stretch out the initial LnL burst, even though it's been told to try it, but hey what do I know about survival, I only main it every other fight /endrant.

Plus BM gives you the healing you could use incase you make an error or something happens like a crawler mind goes kaboom and you're on the ground out of range from a healer. Spirit bond + Spirit mend is ridiculously a nice lifesaver on top of your CDs or anything minor someone puts on top of you. Not trying to degrade you or anything, but I'm still curious as to why you use AMOC or Barrage over the other choices in the two tiers.

You still have to deal with the pet issues as SV unless you wanna give up on like 15% of your dmg or however much it is. It's Heroic raiding, you're expected to just deal with that. It's not -that- hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    You still have to deal with the pet issues as SV unless you wanna give up on like 15% of your dmg or however much it is. It's Heroic raiding, you're expected to just deal with that. It's not -that- hard.
    It's an extra macro MAYBE to make. Oh noes!