Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is Blizzard way over their heads with change in WoD?

After reading all the 6.0 patch changes, they are removing and changing a lot of things. Are they over their head in change?

Deleted
    Explain what you mean by "over their head in change"?

To me, to be "in over your head" means you're doing something you don't understand completely.

If that's what you're getting at I can't see them making changes like this just for the fun of it, there must have been a reason or else why would they have bothered? It's more effort for them to change these things than it is to keep things the same.

Nah. Many small changes, shouldnt put them over their head.

Deleted
    They should never of added the bloat in the first place.

The thing is though, that although some of these things may look like nerfs, you will be buffed in other ways. The idea was to remove a lot of stuff that made the game a tad unfair, for instance Cooldown stacking, but buff sustained damage (like the levelling perks).

Deleted
    "Quick Ghostcrawler's gone, lets change everything!"

Deleted
    Change is good and keeps things fresh.

I can't imagine learning to play a mage 9 years ago and having the exact same playstyle today, where's the fun in that?

I don't think they're in over their heads though, they're experienced enough and have the influence to basically dictate the MMO market. However, a lot of these changes will likely see iterations as we go along. This is major sweep of changes, but there's going to be plenty of balancing, retuning, finetuning etc etc.

I am, and have been since WoD was announced, excited and stoked about this new expansion.

I don't see any problem the amount of changes; sure, there will be issues, but there are always issues. I read the notes but don't really take anything to heart as it will change 10000 times before it goes live.

I like most of the changes so far. I'm torn about the ability pruning though. On one hand, I like that they're making some specs feel more unique and differentiated. On the other hand, I dislike that they're removing/limiting some iconic abilities for some of the classes.

Of course they aren't over their head, they completely remade the game in one expansion to work with 4 buttons so they can port it to the Xbox One and PS4.

Now if you are asking if all these changes will explode in their face, maybe. Its a lot of rework.

Quote Originally Posted by xTH3ROCK View Post
    After reading all the 6.0 patch changes, they are removing and changing a lot of things. Are they over their head in change?
    in a word yes

In a word no

In more words: This is nothing significantly more than what they're doing for every expansion. Yeah, the changes are a bit more across the board but still they're not really making any more significant changes than they have for other expansions, so aside from the usual "s**t happens" this shouldn't be anything special for Blizz.

They've explained everything and it seems pretty justified. Every expansion has brought major changes, WoD's changes pale in comparison to other expansions.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Somehow i feel this plays a small part. Still i Think its its good that they are removing this much but getting to experience it ourselves will tell if it was a success or not

People screaming no and panicing are just people with that kind of personality, afraid of change. It has Always been this way for every expansion(Multiple WTF threads on mmo champ)

No. They are doing things that needed to be done.

The only one im slightly worried about are these "new" stats replacing the old ones. They seem like D3 stats, AoE as a stat (lol whut?). But at the same time this seems like a good change since one of my biggest complaints is how some dps classes are viable aoe classes (specs) but other just suck. Maybe suck AoE classes can now just get a set of gear that makes their AoE competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Well you say this in jest, but there seems to be some truth behind this. Notice the changes to casters and how they want to make melee viable again. WOULD NEVER HAPPEN UNDER GHOSTCRAWLERS WATCH!!!1!!1

10+ Year Old Account
    There are tons of good and tons of bad. The army of the dead being given to blood dks instead of unholy dks is just very confusing. I don't understand why they are removing key spells that make hunters iconic. Monk changes were good though. Also with professions except the ability to learn glyphs automatically, no idea whats going on with their thinking with Inscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Many small changes? The math of the game has changed completely. Completely.
    Nope. In fact, it didn't change at all. The numbers changed, that's all.

Math isn't actually about numbers. Math is about what you do with those numbers.
    Changing the math is hard. Changing the numbers is trivial.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think we are in over our head trying to understand the new WoW base on the patch notes! I love most of the changes finally Blizzard doing some needed cleaning!

Quote Originally Posted by xTH3ROCK View Post
    No, the changes that they are making are welcomed, at least in my eyes. It helps the game from being stagnant and makes me want to play to see how all of the changes will work in actuality.

I support these changes and they could even gone further on it. Every second I don't spend looking on addon/Ui for a cooldown, buff, debuff is a second I look more on the actual game and the game world. In TBC we did not had so many abilities to use, though can someone argue that tbc was less difficult than later expansions or had less depth? More abilities does not mean more difficulty or more gameplay depth, it is just mean more UI/Addon play and less game play. That was a needed change.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.