No word on passive healer defenses in 6.0?

(The thread is in relevance to 6.0 notes)

Worst offender here is clearly mistweaver dematerialize: a passive 1.5 second immunity with disgustingly short cooldown has no real reason to exist. It's honestly not even that good, it's just annoying.

Second to that is resto druids' ability to completely negate silences / roots via shapeshifting / bear form cooldowns.

30% BASELINE damage reduction for healing priests via focused will.

Double freedom / BoP for paladins combined with sprint and interrupt immunity.

Resto shaman mastery / tremor totem remaining as is with fears nerfed.

I feel like those things are a huge part of the problem with healers in PvP. They did a good job with giving paladins a thing they can press while CCd to reduce damage, and they keep hammering on about active mitigation - so why do healers get to get away with so, so many passive things that don't add anything to the gameplay?

Personally I think those need to go, or at least become a button with limited duration / cooldown. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2014-04-04 at 02:47 PM.

Deleted
    Dematerialize should be removed from the game... Idk why they haven't done so yet.

Blizzard seem to move away from defensive cooldowns which require the player to anticipate damage incoming, and are just adding bullshit passive effects (which require no skill). Why the fuck did they remove Shadow Word: Death from healing priests, which is a skillful mechanic, and not remove monks second trinket?

It seems like blizzard has no game designers in charge who care to use their brains.

Quote Originally Posted by spelgubbe View Post
    Dematerialize should be removed from the game... Idk why they haven't done so yet.

Blizzard seem to move away from defensive cooldowns which require the player to anticipate damage incoming, and are just adding bullshit passive effects (which require no skill). Why the fuck did they remove Shadow Word: Death from healing priests, which is a skillful mechanic, and not remove monks second trinket?

It seems like blizzard has no game designers in charge who care to use their brains.
    If you're still having issues with demat then it's a skill issue.

Also MW monks need Brew to function as a good healer. They were CC chained to death pre-brew and this made them a viable healer in 3s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Worst offender here is clearly mistweaver dematerialize: a passive 1.5 second immunity with disgustingly short cooldown has no real reason to exist. It's honestly not even that good, it's just annoying.

Second to that is resto druids' ability to completely negate silences / roots via shapeshifting / bear form cooldowns.

I feel like those things are a huge part of the problem with healers in PvP. They did a good job with giving paladins a thing they can press while CCd to reduce damage, and they keep hammering on about active mitigation - so why do healers get to get away with so, so many passive things that don't add anything to the gameplay?

Personally I think those need to go, or at least become a button with limited duration / cooldown. What do you guys think?
    They are taking care of removing a ton of CC from the game - and toning down the stackable cd's for stupid burst. So i think changes to these will come too, since healer wont need 50 passive Cd's and 80% base resil to even think of living through some class's burst with 5-7 stackable cd's

Brew is honestly ok, since it's a 2 minute cooldown and it's active. Monks are quite weak to hard CC but that's still no excuse to give them both brew AND the dumb passive. Especially in WoD where warrior charge is changed so you can no longer bait it with the small stun into a big one (that they can brew out of anyway).
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2014-04-04 at 02:32 PM.

Brew is honestly ok, since it's a 2 minute cooldown and it's active. Monks are quite weak to hard CC but that's still no excuse to give them both brew AND the dumb passive. Especially in WoD where warrior charge is changed so you can no longer bait it with the small stun into a big one (that they can brew out of anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post
    Demat and brew are both fine.

It's not a question of fine, it's a question of stupid. It's not -too- difficult to play around but I find having to do an annoying sequence of sh*t just to be able to scratch a healer a plain case of bad design.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all the CC in the game, healers need all of these to just stay alive in a 3 vs 3 setting - It's not just you in the match.

Once the cc is toned down, then these passives and cd's can be changed.

They can only do so much with hotfixes atm - all we can do is wait and hope they do the right thing.

Oh yeah, meant the thread in relevance to 6.0 notes. Fixed title!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post

Also MW monks need Brew to function as a good healer. They were CC chained to death pre-brew and this made them a viable healer in 3s.
    It seems weird that they should keep the spell even though the CC is reduced by so much in WoD...
    Also, I didn't say demat was an issue. I feel it's more of an issue for the MW monks since they probably are so squishy because they have dematerialize. Teams that don't rely much on stuns or teams that know how to take advance of the dematerialize icd can easily kill them.

of the the things you listed only one is actually passive....but deter is very much needed in current game meta

If you want to remove healers passive cds, lets remove all none healers abilty to heal themselves apart from eating.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will need dematerialize with disarm and disable going away.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

(The thread is in relevance to 6.0 notes)

Well remember that they're losing a lot of instants so it'll really be a whole new ballgame. I imagine less instants means healer passive defensives are more important, or you'll just wind up zerging healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure resto druids are getting that Survival Instincts ability as well. 70% dmg reduction on a 2 min CD = impossible to ever kill. Besides that idk what healers are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I will need dematerialize with disarm and disable going away.
    You won't specifically need that spell though, they could come up with something else that isn't highly annoying to others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    You won't specifically need that spell though, they could come up with something else that isn't highly annoying to others.
    Id rather have the poison I know,.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Id rather have the poison I know,.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

I won't even mind so much if dematerialize was a button you used while stunned - like that paladin thing or priest pain suppression, on a reasonable (1m?) cooldown. It just doesn't belong as a passive, not in current meta, not in WoD meta. Imagine if warrior became immune for 1.5 seconds every time you rooted him - it doesn't happen cause it'd be really, really stupid.
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2014-04-06 at 03:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is why we can't have nice things.

I won't even mind so much if dematerialize was a button you used while stunned - like that paladin thing or priest pain suppression, on a reasonable (1m?) cooldown. It just doesn't belong as a passive, not in current meta, not in WoD meta. Imagine if warrior became immune for 1.5 seconds every time you rooted him - it doesn't happen cause it'd be really, really stupid.
    There is just so much changing to mistweaver, I would have at least on thing stay the same.

We are basically interrupt magnets now, just interrupt us in wod, but waah I can not stun! >.>