Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's a great change. Players shouldn't be forced to roll alts to have gathering professions. And consequently drop that profession if they want to raid seriously on that character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    It's a great change. Players shouldn't be forced to roll alts to have gathering professions. And consequently drop that profession if they want to raid seriously on that character.
    Ok, then just homogenize them all into the same bonus, gathering included. Why screw people over that have proffessions that do not match there armor class?
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    So just seen this in the patch notes.

Professions only matter for making gold now?

About god damn time. Best change in the entire patch notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    About god damn time. Best change in the entire patch notes.
    not a change, just a removal.

A change would be everyone getting flavor bonuses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Waiting on 6.0 launch before I drop tailoring on my monk for mining :S

Good,

I can finally make a few of my toons gatherer's. Or boost a few.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    not a change, just a removal.

A change would be everyone getting flavor bonuses.
    It's a change. It was A. It's now B. It changed. A removal is a subset of a change.

It's good. Less numbers to manage for min/maxing, more focus on actual intent behind them.

I wouldn't thinking about rushing to engineering just yet. I'm pretty sure nitro boosts won't be usable in raids just like it is in arenas. If not, then all serious raiders would feel compelled to use engineering, defeating blizz's purpose of removing combat perks to begin with.

Honestly, I picked tailoring and enchanting for my priest once upon a time and long ago when I was new because I didn't understand that there were better choices (looking at you engineering) and they seemed to synergize fairly well. Now I'm just too afraid of the awful tedium that is levelling professions to switch.

I feel like professions should have SOME benefit aside from crafting armor of debatable usefulness at minimal profit, though. And what Blizzard seems to be blissfully unaware of is there will always be a "best" profession. If nitro boosts stay in, Engineering is automatically a frontrunner on the PvE side simply for that. If not, I suspect alchemy and it's bonus crafts for no mats will be the new default. People flock to what gives the best results.

This change is huge backslap to every engineers (plus inscription maybe according to this patchnote) and I sincerely want this to not go live. Most engineers took it not for cash but for utility stuff and I don't want it gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Aensland View Post
    I wouldn't thinking about rushing to engineering just yet. I'm pretty sure nitro boosts won't be usable in raids just like it is in arenas. If not, then all serious raiders would feel compelled to use engineering, defeating blizz's purpose of removing combat perks to begin with.
    said this before - engineers could just sell the tinkers to everyone rather than removing something we are so attached to

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    So just seen this in the patch notes.

Professions only matter for making gold now?
    this just sucks!

I spent a shit-ton of gold on 22+ maxed out professions to have an advantage in PvP and now this...dunno

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly not very bothered/concerned about this. I did Mining/Engineering on my shaman main, and really just did it for the fun of it. Working on a warrior main with BS/Ench, again, just because it was a set of professions I'd never bothered playing with. I've come to grips with professions being a secondary part of the game, which is fine with me as a self-defined casual player. I like having my glider as much as I like being able to immediately scrap gear I don't want/need with my Enchanting.

I would really enjoy some more flavor for each profession. Hell, turn the used-to-be-fun drums that LW could make into a toybox item that allows you to start a drum circle for 2 min, or set up a tanning rack for skinners to get a faster crafting time...I've thoroughly enjoyed making my Thermal Hammers just for something else to DO while queued up or waiting for a pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I have a lot of reasons to as a plate/mail/leather wearer. Why have a crafting profession that has no benefit to me at all any more?
    Nothing is stopping you from crafting cloth armor and either trading/selling said gear to obtain usable pieces for a character.

I agree 100%.

The most they should have done was normalize the bonus, make it either ONLY primary stat, or ONLY secondary stat.
    Still makes crafting professions stronger than gathering professions for PvE/PvP purposes. The announced change at least makes it so it doesn't matter what profession you have so you're free to level professions as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by officerlahey View Post
    said this before - engineers could just sell the tinkers to everyone rather than removing something we are so attached to
    That would make a nice change as it would be in lieu of enchants, belt buckles, gems and leg armor kits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Then please for the love of the Old Gods: STOP NERFING ENGINEERING'S FUN!
    I hope these combat perks dont include the fun tinkers like glider and boosts. btw sick default. Amity Affliction ftw

My only gripe with this change is that they hadn't thought of doing it sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, they haven't been specific on what the combat perks mean to them. They could just mean cooldowns that is used with Snapshotting. They may just keep those flat main stat bonuses for conveniences sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Again, they haven't been specific on what the combat perks mean to them. They could just mean cooldowns that is used with Snapshotting. They may just keep those flat main stat bonuses for conveniences sake.
    With how much they're dumbing the game down, they mean all combat perks. Alchemy bonus, JC only gems, Scribe should chants, etc. I think blizz should change it so we all have one stat. Mastery. It makes your abilities for your class do more damage/healing/threat. Managing stats is too hard. Just have 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    You're never forced to do anything. Unless you're in a top end hard mode guild, pick what you want. 320 of a stat right now is miniscule. People use the word force alot for choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Then please for the love of the Old Gods: STOP NERFING ENGINEERING'S FUN!
    If anything, I'd like the other professions to have more neat things like engineer's get. I get jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.