Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Clarity of Power: Shadow

Clarity of Power (Shadow) - Your Mind Spike, Mind Sear, and Shadow Word: Death deal 40% additional damage to targets not affected by your Shadow Word: Pain or Vampiric Touch. Casting Mind Spike also restores 5% mana and reduces the cooldown of Mind Blast by 1 sec.
    Middle

Is it just me or does it feel like we'll be pigeonholed into a Mastery build + Clarity of Power for Single target?

I don't really like the idea of a two button rotation. I think the talent overall could be pretty useful for multi-target. off-dotting other mobs and single target with FDCL and potentially DI for also off-dotting other mobs with Devouring Plague for extra damage (assuming they also need to die).

Does anyone else have any thoughts on Clarity of Power and any concerns towards it?

Deleted
    I guess someone could already do the math on it, but what I'm concerned about is whether a mastery+CoP build will outdps the usual haste+multidot style in fights with multiple targets aswell. Like, if you just keep your dots rolling on one target and spam your single-target rotation on the other. I guess I will wait and see.

Keep in mind that our current mastery will be changed so alot of our DoT power will be shifted into our single target nukes.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see, I like the idea but I'd prefer if it was a bit more complex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

10+ Year Old Account
    The most (and only) interesting thing about this talent is that it will be the only real Haste Breakpoint left for us where you can fit exactly X MSp's between every MB.

I'd much rather be forced to use a specific talent build and do decent single target damage then have MoP repeat all over again.

Wonder if it's going to be something like this

MB -> MS until MB off cooldown, repeat to 3 orb -> Plague -> Flay until plague runs out -> Repeat

Not getting my hopes up that they'd bother introducing a new finisher for Clarity.. anyway Insanity with Clarity could still be a thing in WoD, as the amount of Insanity casts we can get off would increase drastically from the reduced cd of MB.

There has to be some changes planned to FDCL and DI that we don't know about yet, I mean would they really let us spec into FDCL/DI if they both would effectively be useless on a single target fight while also specced into Clarity?
    Last edited by Calamari; 2014-04-05 at 01:49 PM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Not excited for this style of play.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    There has to be some changes planned to FDCL and DI that we don't know about yet, I mean would they really let us spec into FDCL/DI if they both would effectively be useless on a single target fight while also specced into Clarity?
    Unless they'd want us to use Mindbender + Power Infusion / Twist of Fate.

It is Alpha though, and maybe they quite haven't thought everything through or we just haven't seen it yet.

I think I would dislike Shadow if i were forced into a two button rotation. I really like using dots.

I'd really like to see what talents and for what situations they expect each talent to be used for, so we can get some sort of an idea from scaling.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...75736402202624
    Thats a tweet about level 90 Talents and that with stacking Mastery and Clarity of Power, Halo should still be a higher priority than Mindspike, which is interesting.

Maybe this talent isn't intended for very much PVE use?
    might only be useful for burst damage from a pvp standpoint. Who knows.
    Last edited by Aere; 2014-04-05 at 02:45 PM.

They've said they're going to add a lot more to it's playstyle and the notes they released are the same as they were at blizzcon. We should see more changes to its rotation.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    This has been datamined:
    FDCL
    Periodic damage from your Vampiric Touch and Devouring Plague has a 10% chance to cause your next Mind Spike to not consume your damage-over-time effects, become instant cast, cost no mana, and deal 50% additional damage. Limit 2 charges.
    DI
    Periodic damage from your Shadow Word: Pain and damage from your Mind Spike has a 5% chance to reset the cooldown on Mind Blast and cause your next Mind Blast within 12 sec to be instant cast and cost no mana.

Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    This has been datamined:
    FDCL
    Periodic damage from your Vampiric Touch and Devouring Plague has a 10% chance to cause your next Mind Spike to not consume your damage-over-time effects, become instant cast, cost no mana, and deal 50% additional damage. Limit 2 charges.
    DI
    Periodic damage from your Shadow Word: Pain and damage from your Mind Spike has a 5% chance to reset the cooldown on Mind Blast and cause your next Mind Blast within 12 sec to be instant cast and cost no mana.
    Awesome news, thanks for sharing the link!
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    The most (and only) interesting thing about this talent is that it will be the only real Haste Breakpoint left for us where you can fit exactly X MSp's between every MB.
    Except Mind Blast may have its cooldown reduced by Readiness, so it'd just screw everything up Plus new DI giving MSp a chance to reset MB's CD as well is ruining all the fun of haste!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see some good stuff already.. reverse leap of faith good mobility right there. Cant wait for more. Also more

Quote Originally Posted by Steehl View Post
    Except Mind Blast may have its cooldown reduced by Readiness, so it'd just screw everything up Plus new DI giving MSp a chance to reset MB's CD as well is ruining all the fun of haste!
    They've said rotation abilities wont be affected by cdr

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that list is a remnant from 5.4's PTR when they had made a preliminary list for every spec's CDR Trinket affected abilities. Two on that list are things they've already said we will be losing in Warlords, so obviously a placeholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    They've said rotation abilities wont be affected by cdr
    Shadowfiend alone is not strong enough to even remotely hold Readiness, unless we get absurd conversion ratings in the range of 1% crit to 33% readiness. Buffing Shadowfiend isn't really possible. So you have three options: Redesign Fiend, add new CDs or Add Mind Blast.

With how many priests cried for Haste affecting Mind Blast CD, i don't find it impossible for MB to be on Readiness (even if no other rotational CD is - which btw are all affected by haste)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    It would in no way wind up being a two button rotation.
    Source?

Drye has mentioned that this talent will most likely be updated.

So, with a claim like that, I assume you have evidence as to back up your statement?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    Only the minority of players are happy with the status quo and though I'm sure it sucks to be in with that group - the majority will win.
    I would like to believe that the reason most people played shadowpriest was the fact that they wanted to play a DoT class, and if they didn't like using dots would've rerolled arcane mage or another class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    This has been datamined:
    FDCL
    DI
    Will multistrike be able to proc FDCL? I'd say no, since it currently cannot proc anything class-related except a mechanic like ToF.

Quote Originally Posted by Aere View Post
    Source?
    Celery mentioned on twitter once that CoP will be more than just Mindspike/MB and will include DP/MF and SW.

So something like: Msp + MB until 3(5) Orbs followed by DP + Mindflay Channel. But that's just theory and it's actually pretty much impossible to tune single-target with Mastery as the single target stat:

DPs damage is not increased by Mastery.
    Mindflays damage is only increased by Mastery.
    Mind Spikes damage is increased by Mastery, but has high base coefficient, plus CoP multiplier.

For the above rotation to work DP DoT + MF has to always be better than spamming Mindspike. DPs instant damage has always to be better than Mindspike, etc. Bash me for taking current numbers: Even at entrance level stats Mindspike currently beats DP in damage. So currently CoP would consist of one button to press.

As long as Mastery does not increase DPs damage or Mindspikes damage is increased by Mastery there will be a point when casting DP is no longer worth it (or T90 talents). Only change that would prevent this from happening is to remove Mind Spike from Mastery.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2014-04-06 at 07:13 PM.