Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Deciding on Shaman race solely based on looks

I've been trying to decide which race to switch my shaman too. I am horde so right now I'm am stuck between male/female troll or female orc. I wanted too get other peoples opinions before I make my decision. This decision is also going to be made solely on looks and not racial.

Go male troll and don't look back. But if you insist on one of those 3 options, female orc.

I like Female Orc cause gear (to me ) looks great on them, and the casting animation isn't that bad.

although male trolls are just all around awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Tauren! Big, big shoulders big weapons, badass!

10+ Year Old Account
    Every shaman set looks best on troll imo.

I would wait until they release the updated models to make your decision though.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no possible choice other than Dwarf, specially now with the model update

Tauren has the problem (at least if you're used to playing more normal sized races) of being too big, feeling slow moving and even not fitting through doors on mounts that other races can do. I can't play them; they drive me nuts. Goblin has the opposite problem of being small to the point that they almost feel like playing a gnome, with issues of weirdness of camera angles (again compared to playing say a human). Male orc may also feel too "bulky" if you're not used to it. I'd go with female orc or male/female troll unless you really are used to/like the "nonstandard" model sizes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Tauren has the problem (at least if you're used to playing more normal sized races) of being too big, feeling slow moving and even not fitting through doors on mounts that other races can do. I can't play them; they drive me nuts. Goblin has the opposite problem of being small to the point that they almost feel like playing a gnome, with issues of weirdness of camera angles (again compared to playing say a human). Male orc may also feel too "bulky" if you're not used to it. I'd go with female orc or male/female troll unless you really are used to/like the "nonstandard" model sizes.

Draenai MALE shaman for life

Wait for all the new models. You can do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren female of course, I love my shaman

Female Orc. Trolls racials are getting thrown in the dirt in WoD anyway.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend the orc female if you want to wear shoes.
    Also they will get a nice model upgrade and just imagine how awesome it'll be to be an female orc shaman in the upcoming expac!

pandaren shaman
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Female Orc no contest. It's like the Hordes version of male Human when it comes to how gear looks. Every gearset fits. Except female Orc doesn't look terribly gigantic like the male human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Deleted
    Got to throw in with the rest when it comes to the female Orc. As soon as the models go live my male Orc is going to Thailand for a nip and tuck. Not doing it yet as I want to have the choice between the different faces they come out with.

Hoping recustomization is free, but kind of resigned for gender swaps to not be included even if recustomizations are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pandaren shaman
    This combination brings out the WoW racist in me.
    Last edited by mmoc5ef6914e13; 2014-04-07 at 12:57 PM.

would be best to wait for the updated models if you care about the looks

If you're not fem tauren you're just doing it wrong D:<

Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pandaren shaman
    This combination brings out the WoW racist in me.
    Sorry, what were we talking about?

Lady Orcs look fantastic. Great form, nice casting animations, gear looks great on them and there aren't that many out there, demographically speaking.

As far as recustomisation goes, the devs have said that will not be something provided, they're just updating your character model and that's it. If you want to race or gender change, or remodel your character you will have to pay for the service as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by yaytotems View Post
    I've been trying to decide which race to switch my shaman too. I am horde so right now I'm am stuck between male/female troll or female orc. I wanted too get other peoples opinions before I make my decision. This decision is also going to be made solely on looks and not racial.
    Well if you're going to do a switch, you could wait and see what the new models for Trolls are. If they're going to be similar to the models in ToT, then awesome, but again no idea what they'll do.

I've always played a male Orc, and one of my old friends used to play a Female Orc all the day and the Orcs in general just fill out nicely with gear. Female Trolls I've noticed don't have the huge issue with clipping with gear as the males do, which is one of the main reasons why I couldn't get into Trolls was the lack of shoes and Tusks, while awesome, didn't work well with the gear.