Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    Source on that?
    Please die in a fire,my most hated sentence this year....

SOURCE ON THAT!? Source on that! You want sauce on that!? BBQ SAUCE THAT!

Just say it a different way "I dont believe a word you are saying but to make me look smarter i will say SOURCE ON THAT!"

Ok, if that's what you believe I can't say you're wrong, but I won't say you're right until we actually see this artcraft.
    Given the history of the game's production, I just don't see how anything significant is going to change due to a small flavour article. If you can explain to me how an article could have any impact on the game's development - especially on established assets - please, do so. Nothing would put me at ease more. And I'm not trying to be combative, here. I honestly want to know how you think an article can assuage your fears.

Actually, that's all I think it can do - placate people. Nothing will actually change. To quote ASOIAF, "Words are wind."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post

Don't know about you, but I was "here" for both the female Worgen disaster and the female Pandaren disaster. I was super excited about both races. I love the mystery and slightly "gothic" style and lore of the Worgen, and unlike many others, I actually really like the Pandaren and Pandaria in general. I absolutely, very much wanted to have many female Worgens and many female Pandarens.

But then female Worgen came out with same-face (and a terrible one at that), and did Blizzard care about it? Did they care that they essentially botched female Worgen? No.

Then came female Pandaren, we were excited about the model, I really like the look of it. But we didn't see additional faces. We got anxious, making posts and threads about it. People told us "duh it's alpha / beta, just wait, there's no way they'll ship with just one model, you're crazy if you think that!" Even Blizzard themselves said "female Pandaren faces coming!" ... yeah.

I got burnt a bit too often.

I really would have loved to have several fem Worgen and several fem Pandaren, but to this day, I have zero of either. I just can't bear it. They all look the same. I can't create a character where I feel like it's "mine", I can't create a character where I feel it can have a unique backstory and specific personality, because my character will look exactly like every single NPC and player model in that game. A complete travesty.
    glad I'm not the only one who sees the truth about whats going on with this shit. Often those who say what you quote about the female pandaren faces and worgen faces, are people who deep down just don't give a shit about it really, and put more blind faith into the developers rather then questioning there actions and calling them on there mistakes, and yeah, those are some pretty big, noticeable mistakes
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post

Just say it a different way "I dont believe a word you are saying but to make me look smarter i will say SOURCE ON THAT!"
    Very mature pal. Get over yourself.
    Last edited by The Hero of Legend; 2014-04-07 at 01:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand, it is a genuine concern for me, it's the one thing I'm scared about with these new models, they look great, but I hope Blizzard finds a way to make them more diverse. I don't want my Orc shaman to look like Garrosh, he is not always angry, he has the calm face that Trassk posted.
    See, even Draenei and blood elves, whos graphics were more updated then the vanilla models, had more choices in faces then pandaren and female worgen. Even goblins had more choice, unlike the worgen.

Its like as if once they finished the female goblins, they fired the team that worked on facial animations and appearances, and got another team who just made copies of the one face and painted them differently claiming each as unique.

- - - Updated - - -

Source on that?
    they did say it was done though. He was wrong to go full on emo attack on you, but he wasn't wrong about what they said about the orc model being done.
    #boycottchina

Ok, if that's what you believe I can't say you're wrong, but I won't say you're right until we actually see this artcraft that he said will be "addressing the same face issue". In my opinion if we were getting the same face they wouldn't even address the concern, wouldn't addressing a concern imply that they want to fix it? This isn't just some run of the mill small concern, this is something that'll affect people playing the game.
    Addressing can also mean "Sorry, we're aware, but there's nothing we can do, it's a game engine limitation!"

Or also: "Sorry, you can either have high resolution clones that can make funny faces or switch back to seeing old models!"

Or even better: "Would you rather have various different faces or a raid? Yeah, thought so."

Nah I mean, it's still alpha so this is possibly just the first iteration before they adjust the facial proportions for each model. Or maybe not, just look at pandas. Could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    See, even Draenei and blood elves, whos graphics were more updated then the vanilla models, had more choices in faces then pandaren and female worgen. Even goblins had more choice, unlike the worgen.

Its like as if once they finished the female goblins, they fired the team that worked on facial animations and appearances, and got another team who just made copies of the one face and painted them differently claiming each as unique.

- - - Updated - - -

they did say it was done though. He was wrong to go full on emo attack on you, but he wasn't wrong about what they said about the orc model being done.
    I just want some proof that's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    if the orc warlords are anything to go by, they fixed the "all the same faces" problem

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Addressing can also mean "Sorry, we're aware, but there's nothing we can do, it's a game engine limitation!"

Or also: "Sorry, you can either have high resolution clones that can make funny faces or switch back to seeing old models!"

Or even better: "Would you rather have various different faces or a raid? Yeah, thought so."

Nah I mean, it's still alpha so this is possibly just the first iteration before they adjust the facial proportions for each model. Or maybe not, just look at pandas. Could go either way.
    Yeah, I hear you man. It could go either way. Guess I've gotta stop being so optimistic huh? XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post

*pulls into a hug* I know, I know

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    It doesn't matter that the Pandaren female has great animations. When you make a Pandaren female, you WILL have a young-ish looking character with a big, happy, slightly derpy smile on it and seductive eyes. When she laughs, she laughs like all other Pandaren. When she cries, she cries like all other Pandaren. 100% of Pandaren females are clones, you CAN'T have a specific, distinct Pandaren. The quality of their animations doesn't change this one bit.
    Every race only has 1 laugh/cry?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want some proof that's all.
    Look up the proof yourself, honestly, learn to take people's word for things, I dont go around with a works cited every time I have an argument.

they said that they would try to do it, but no promises

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty good for the most part, I'm liking the different faces on the FDwarf. Though personally I think the Tauren looks bad, the textures don't look as good as they did on the slideshow they showed back at Blizcon. Then again I wouldn't play that race even if you payed me, not a fan of beast races. Really looking forward to the Nelf/Belf/Draenei/Troll/Humans.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    if the orc warlords are anything to go by, they fixed the "all the same faces" problem
    Hmm, I guess so, Blackhand does look like a Deathwing Garrosh though.

I will admit though, Durotan doesn't appear to look like Garrosh.

Deleted
    The main issue people are missing is that, technically, all the old faces are identical in model anyway. The difference between then and now is some clever texture work could hide it and make the faces appear different. But with these new faces, the actual model detail has greatly increased and as such they can no longer hide the similarities between faces with textures.

That does not excuses instances such as female pandaren and worgen however. Male pandaren are a good example of the new face tech being applied but each face carrying enough tweaks to give it distinction from the other options. If you play a male character that isn't an anthro race, you're probably fine. As for me, I do fear for tauren, especially with the number of people demanding they should look like orcs with fur "Hurr durr moar fierce beast people!" *sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I hear you man. It could go either way. Guess I've gotta stop being so optimistic huh? XD
    optimism is okay if you have reason for it, but this is blizzard, and many of us have been jaded about something or other over the years with them, at least on a development term within the game.

You know at what point i finally lost complete faith in them? When back when metzen in a Q&A outright said "your get your warchief back, theres more with thrall", only for the siege of orgrimmar to end, and realize he was bullshitting us all along, that they just went with whatever was popular at the time instead of holding to any value.

Maybe I should make a thread and ask 'at what point did the straw break for you with blizzard?"
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    WHAT IN THE BLUE FUCK IS THIS???????

how do those anything at all like the originals. if i didn't know i'd think they're from different game. this is not an update, it's complete fucking reimagination. fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Look up the proof yourself, honestly, learn to take people's word for things, I dont go around with a works cited every time I have an argument.

they said that they would try to do it, but no promises
    Hey, he seems confident that they said that. I don't remember them at all saying they were finished, I did try to look it up and I found nothing.

If you really wanted the proof you would take 2 seconds out of your life to google it rather than wait days for someone to go all emo on you and still stay without the source. All the models that you see on Battle.net model viewer are done, they said they aren't adding any unfinished models to it, which is why Human Female, Orc Female and Tauren Male are yet to be added. Plus we've kinda known Orc models are completely done since before Blizzcon. Get over it, the faces are staying.

Deleted
    Ah, just spotted male tauren. Actually looks pretty damn good, and it can only get better so long as Blizzard doesn't listen to the same crowd that demanded they made changes to female worgen. :3 Fingers crossed for the women now.