Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    WoW was never really difficult to begin with. It was new, unexplored, and challenging. There were not a ton of addons, boss mods, streamlined questing hubs, or large amounts of gold in the game. What you remember as "hard" was actually inefficiency. People raiding in horribad gear, or even Pirate hats. No one was Min/Maxing, chanting and gemming was hardly a thing, and the stats on your gear were the stats you were stuck with.

You had hunters running out of ammo, and food to keep their pets happy to keep DPS high, locks running out of soul shards, rogues running out of poisons, and buffs only lasting 5 minutes instead of 60 minutes. Plus, you had to buff everyone separately, not the mass buff we have today. What you remember as "challenging" was actually a new game with poor mechanical design. The design since has only continued to improve the game and remove the tedious technical aspects which were originally introduced. As for getting the "challenge" from a 10 year old game, I wish you luck.

What a stupid question to ask when less than 10% of the player base has cleared H SoO.

You might want to specify exactly what it is that you want to be harder. I was always in favor of some sort of heroic setting leveling process. Make it faster and hard for people that have played a long time. Every mob you kill requires planning and a strat but gives you a HUGE amount of xp. Imagine if leveling up a new alt would actually be fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    "Hardcore" people are just pissed off at the fact that they can play all day, but still not reach the status of being a god among insects in terms of power and bling anymore. They want more losers dressed in greens bowing to them. WoW-republicans, really.
    While the WoW-Democrats want to be able to completely skip raid tiers, not have to step into a heroic dungeon, and given a island of loot upon hitting max level so they can get to end game raiding in 3 days. Oh...

Deleted
    No.

There is hard content for those who like a challenge and retarded content for people who push their keys with their own drool. Everyone is catered to.

The problem is with systems being put in place that encourage those doing hard content to have to go through the easy content to efficiently get what they need.

Like levelling. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Hell no. Cataclysm's testament to this.

I think they should make it easier. Cut a difficulty and just have Normal (LFR Flex), Heroic (Flex/LFR Normal) and Mythic (Heroic).
    Nobody quit cata because dungeons were too hard. They quit cata because there was nothing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by madmanx View Post
    What a stupid question to ask when less than 10% of the player base has cleared H SoO.

You might want to specify exactly what it is that you want to be harder. I was always in favor of some sort of heroic setting leveling process. Make it faster and hard for people that have played a long time. Every mob you kill requires planning and a strat but gives you a HUGE amount of xp. Imagine if leveling up a new alt would actually be fun!
    I think he means across the board numbnuts. questing, leveling, dungeons. Just make things a bit more challenging than they are

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    While the WoW-Democrats want to be able to completely skip raid tiers, not have to step into a heroic dungeon, and given a island of loot upon hitting max level so they can get to end game raiding in 3 days. Oh...
    Communists...

Deleted
    How do you make a game like wow harder? just add more dmg and hp to the mobs?

OP has cleared Siege on LFR. Game is too easy.

I am not a hardcore, and I hated Timeless Isle. Guess that would make me Tea Party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Perry Cox View Post
    I am not a hardcore, and I hated Timeless Isle. Guess that would make me Tea Party.
    That's a fine argument, Margaret, but you still get your shiny, new little booties and magic cape that ya love so much regardless of how hard you think you're working for them.

Been watching too much Scrubs, I couldn't resist. <3 Cox n Turk.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't think World of Warcraft needs to get tougher. If you want tougher raiding, go for HC SoO. If you want tougher 5mans, go do challenge modes. If you want tougher outside PvE, feel free to chainpull in the elite area of Timeless Isle. If you want tougher PvP, there's 2.2k+ arena rating. The bottom parts of the game are easy, indeed, but they SHOULD be, it's a game, not a frustration marathon.
    Answer me this. If you required a well geared group of people to do dailies, how many people would end up doing them?
    And I don't mean "at the beginning", I mean, to get to exalted, or to farm that one speciffic material you need for something else (the materials for food carts, for example). After several weeks, you might find yourself pressed to find people willing to keep doing it, because content that is too tough and doesn't offer sufficient rewards is NOT worth doing. Similarly, do keep in mind that 5mans were constructed with people of a speciffic degree of gear in mind. The current normal mode SoO gear is approximatelly 100 ilvls ABOVE that. To put that in perspective, that's the difference between Sunwell (ilvl164) and ICC 25 (ilvl264). It's bound to be easy, otherwise something would be seriously overtuned - 5mans that would be so tough that most people wouldn't get past innitial trash would end up not being done, not even PuGged, and considering the gear they'd reward, there would be nearly nobody doing them.

TL,DR: No. There's plenty of challenging content out there already, all it takes is getting a group of similar minded people.

That's a fine argument, Margaret, but you still get your shiny, new little booties and magic cape that ya love so much regardless of how hard you think you're working for them.

Been watching too much Scrubs, I couldn't resist. <3 Cox n Turk.
    I love that show, and I agree. Whether I like it or not, the content is still there, and still being used. I think Timeless Isle and Flying Mounts are on equal footing. They are both conveniences which speed up the process of your particular task and provide the same speedy result. Personally, I would have rather put the gear on the mobs, not in the chests, make every mob lvl 92 elite, and allow them some sort of life steal. I don't mind all the epics, but after opening every chest, and having all 496 gear, and 4 burdens of eternity, it gets a bit boring.

Deleted
    Should be as hard as possible. But mouth breathers wouldn't play it so no I guess.

Deleted
    What wow needs is simply a difficulty selection.

casual - wow currently
    leeeroy - stat debuff by 50%, xp increase by 50%, quest item drops 2x

hardcore - stat debuff by 50%, aggroed mobs can call for help(interuptable) and cast more often / faster , larger aggro radius, xp increase by 100% quest item drops 5x

suicide - all previous + permadeath by mobs enabled (you can still pvp and getting ganked by 90 shouldnt end it), xp increase by 200%, quest item drops 10x

reaching max lvl on suicide plays the duke nukem sound "balls of steel"

If you are at the head of the curve, good for you. Not everyone plays constantly to stay with the current raid tier. For people who are behind in the raid tier, it gets harder and harder to find people willingly to run the older tier because most have moved and are more interesting progressing in the current active tier.

It means for these players, they are now behind and also getting further and further behind because they will not progress the old content as fast as the current content. So they fall behind further.

Perhaps that is what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    That took the longest and most effort out of every legendary questline. Like 1.5 years to complete. Just because everyone has it doesn't change the fact it was earned.
    1. Something is not that legendary if every moron has one.
    2. It's not really "earned" if it didn't require any skill. Earning rewards should require both time and skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    2. It's not really "earned" if it didn't require any skill. Earning rewards should require both time and skill.
    The whole gerne is this way.
    MMORPGS = invest time to be stronger than someone who invested less time.
    The whole gerne is pretend to be skilled through character progression instead of player skill progression.

1. Do you have this cloak? If so, have you also included yourself in this label?

2. A lot of people have gone after Legendaries and gotten them. This cloak is probably the first time in a long time people have done it when it was current content. As for time and skill, as long as you know your class, neither is an obstacle, or a measuring stick.

I'm really just more curious about why you are so bitter.
    Last edited by Dr Perry Cox; 2014-04-07 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    The whole gerne is this way.
    MMORPGS = invest time to be stronger than someone who invested less time.
    The whole gerne is pretend to be skilled through character progression instead of player skill progression.
    I like the dragonwrath model better.
    1. Lots of time required? Yep.
    2. Skill required? Somewhat, your group needed to be abe to do normals.
    3. You basically needed a guild that would support you getting the legendary, which I think is good as we should push guild membership.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Perry Cox View Post
    1. Do you have this cloak? If so, do you count yourself among the "morons"?

2. A lot of people have gone after Legendaries and gotten them. This cloak is probably the first time in a long time people have done it when it was current content. As for time and skill, as long as you know your class, neither is an obstacle, or a measuring stick.

I'm really just more curious about why you are so bitter.
    My point was that if some LFR person can get on an hour at a time over many months (only doing LFR) and still get the item, then obviously zero skill was needed. Legendaries should have some level of prestige, otherwise what is the point, just make it an epic. Like I said above, I like the dragonwrath model.

My point was that if some LFR person can get on an hour at a time over many months (only doing LFR) and still get the item, then obviously zero skill was needed. Legendaries should have some level of prestige, otherwise what is the point, just make it an epic. Like I said above, I like the dragonwrath model.
    Blizz seemed to like this method so much, they are modeling the flight training after it. I know there was a time when Orange meant "prestige", but in a game full of casual players, Blizz has taken a path to cater to the 90% of us who are not hardcore raiders. Personally, I agree with their decision. I think making things available to the masses shows the masses it is not just for the hardcore anymore.

Deleted
    WoW was never a hardcore game, however pretty much everything is available to everyone atm. There is barely any difference between being good and bad in ability to clear content and gain rewards (items etc.).