Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hmm, which dps (higher than me) or healer can I extort money from with the threat of a perma MD?

I'd prefer something along the lines of all threat generated by the raid for, let's say 3 seconds, getting transferred to the MD target. Could be nice for the pull. Or perhaps a new add/group of adds joins the fight? Pop MD and let people go to town.

Assuming mages will indeed get a raid heal, I can't help but feel severely lacking in the raid utility department comparing us to all the other classes. A perma-MD would be near useless currently and I have a hard time seeing that changing in the near future. You can't design the whole tier revolving around setups that always have at least one hunter. Even if you could, every fight having tons of adds spawning constantly allover the room would get very tiresome very quickly - for both the raid and even more so for the hunter. Tanks will be able to tank the fights just fine without a hunter.

In before someone mentions pet buffs. Let's face it, apart from a couple quite specific scenarios (belt on blackfuse as an example), the (de)buffs provided by pets are basically useless in 25man raiding. Mythic will be 20man and I doubt missing 5 people will change much in the (de)buff department.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Is it really? Mages are getting a major healing CD (of all things). We get....more Misdirection. Woo?

I can't remember the last time tank threat generation was actually a problem.

It's an improvement, sure. But I'm sad that this will be the justification for us not getting any added utility when Mages get crap like Amplify Magic.
    they are changing vengeance to something other than giving AP so their threat will be lower. i think a healing % bonus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    they are changing vengeance to something other than giving AP so their threat will be lower. i think a healing % bonus?
    Vengeance has been redesigned and renamed Resolve. Resolve does not increase outgoing damage, but does now increase tank self-healing and absorption based on damage taken.
    But tank damage has also been increased to roughly 75% of a 'normal' dps, meaning that they shouldn't have any issues with threat if they can manage as is today.

I think people who think this is a good idea are missing the point on the management side of this change... while we don't know the CD of the ability - 1 hour length is just plain silly and is only good for 5 mans where there is only 1 tank - then it's set and forget.

Doing this in a raid situation (set and forget) is a dangerous proposition and will lead to many wipes and complaints as switching the MD target will be needed to push add spawns to the OT - if the Hunter forgets to switch his MD target - then EVERYTHING goes to the MT... if the Hunter switches to adds to MD to the OT and only 1 or 2 others switch with him / her - then all other dps threat that stayed on the boss will divert to the OT as well...

Mis-direction needs to be a controlled ability by the player - it should stay a short duration debuff with a shortish cd. If there are enough situations where it is called for to MD adds to an OT, then the CD on MD needs to be short enough to allow this, if the Cd is short enough to allow fast switches, then 1 hour is a stupid length of time for it to be active. Personally, I'd rather it was a 5 second debuff (can be raid wide sure) with a 15 sec CD and then you can control it's use...

But if they screw up tank threat so much that you have to hit it on CD just so the tank can keep threat - then the 1 hour makes sense but... then at least 1 hunter per raid becomes mandatory and that is just terrible design. Raids need to be able to function / progress on the basis that they may not have a hunter in group...

Someone at Blizz HQ is smoking too much hooch....

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So tricks will work in a similar manner? If anything rogues should get this change over hunters. Melee always has more to deal with than ranged... especially a ranged with no movement restrictions.
    Except rogues bring other utility like smoke bomb, where hunters have nothing else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Melee always has more to deal with than ranged...
    More often than not, melee can sit on a boss and DPS it while ranged has to deal with additional mechanics. I'd argue it's more important to have a ranged with a good view over the battlefield to handle additional adds compared to someone who doesn't see much besides the ass of a boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean... at this point, why have threat at all really? :\

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    At least it seems like they have given a safeguard to reduce trolling in LFR/LFD with it.

Neural Silencer
    FUCK YEAH! My engineer has a purpose in WoD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    FUCK YEAH! My engineer has a purpose in WoD!
    Multiple when glove enchant might be the thing engineers have to sell now ;O

The way I see it, it's not that tanks will have threat issues in WoD,(though maybe there are some unknown changes on the horizon we don't yet know about), but it would make the tanks job a little easier in certain encounters.

My best example of this would be during the Garrosh encounter in phase 1, when Garrosh summons Kor'kron Warbringers and Far Seers, a hunter could simply target and cast multi shot, or Barrage if talented, and they would be on the tank, rather than the tank having to change his focus to them, and taunt.

It's an issue my guild is having with Garrosh P1 right now, when the adds come out and cleaves/aoe hits them they run to the ranged and heals and sorta falls apart.

Just my perspective. Only time will tell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prostatus911 View Post
    The way I see it, it's not that tanks will have threat issues in WoD,(though maybe there are some unknown changes on the horizon we don't yet know about), but it would make the tanks job a little easier in certain encounters.

My best example of this would be during the Garrosh encounter in phase 1, when Garrosh summons Kor'kron Warbringers and Far Seers, a hunter could simply target and cast multi shot, or Barrage if talented, and they would be on the tank, rather than the tank having to change his focus to them, and taunt.

It's an issue my guild is having with Garrosh P1 right now, when the adds come out and cleaves/aoe hits them they run to the ranged and heals and sorta falls apart.

Just my perspective. Only time will tell.
    You do know you can still do that exact thing you're describing in your scenario? MD does exist now, it's now like we're getting an entire new ability.

As a tank I see this with great concern.

I was very happy to see the end of the "first tank in gets the vengeance" time, where the first tank hat all the threat and all the aggro, where the other tank(s) could only taunt 1-2 mobs out and hope to be able to hold them.

Now, with a permanent threat redirection from the hunter to *one* of the tanks, this seems to be even worse, because the tank has no chance anymore to be the first in. The hunter sets his buff on one tank (maybe the one he knows better, likes more, bribes, whatever) and the other tank will have a hard time from that moment on.
    Sure, that is mostly a trash issue, but this is still a good amount of your raid time.

The impact on raids with less professional hunters or even LFR was mentioned more than enough now, but I also see that as a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Prostatus911 View Post

The adds on garrosh are a bit funky and instead of following the normal threat table fixate on the closest target, or something along those lines. Just tell people to pop a defensive cooldown or to move out when/if they get fixated. Eventually they should all be on the tank. Mass grips can also help, if you've got the DK(s) to do it.

Also, like Joyful said, it's not like misdirection doesn't exist already.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Deleted
    Nobody has any idea how this works yet, I would assume it would be "smart" in the way that it directs all threat to the targets target, so if a tank swap happens, they continue to get threat from the current MD.

I would hope players that are not tank spec are incorrect targets for the spell.

1 hour? so its basically passive? sounds like fun interactive gameplay with a high skillcap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa View Post
    The adds on garrosh are a bit funky and instead of following the normal threat table fixate on the closest target, or something along those lines. Just tell people to pop a defensive cooldown or to move out when/if they get fixated. Eventually they should all be on the tank. Mass grips can also help, if you've got the DK(s) to do it.
    That's on heroic. On normal they have a normal aggro table.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    I would hope players that are not tank spec are incorrect targets for the spell.
    Only if that only it applies in LFR. There's cases where you wanna MD a dps instead of a tank in a raid setting.

Deleted
    This is fricking awesome!

Finnaly no more macro of doom!

Deleted
    Just waiting for the shitstorm this causes in random dungions when hunters pull literally everything under the "u have MD" guise. Will be no tanks by the end of the first week