Page 11 of 154 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippilongear View Post
    You are overestimating how much planning you can reasonably do while random events are occurring (ie: tank derps and is out of position, someone needs a brez while you are trying to set up your aoe, etc...).
    And you are dreaming for a perfect world where nothing random that a raid can through at you will affect your dps/rotation. No class has that. For every single fight in SoO during progression even, I've always known where the tank was going to be, where he was going to hold the adds and been able to pre-plant accordingly. Why? Because its something that should be thought and planned out ahead of time and known by everyone. The "shrooms are bad because tanks move the adds out of them" argument should have 0 relevance to mythic level raiding. And people dying? Well that happens, its random, its unfortunate, but its our privilege to brez and I'd rather have that responsibility and utility in the raid and maybe have it interrupt my rotation than not have it so my rotation can be perfect. If I get in an accident on my way to work tomorrow its most likely not going to be my vehicles fault. Either a) I did something dumb and deserve it, or b) they did something dumb. I don't go to Dodge and tell them to make my Vehicle better because this random thing might happen and I want to be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by MrShaft View Post
    We have to remember that this is just alpha notes.
    yeah, its alpha notes. and we're discussing how those changed would affect us right now since, like you said, no one can know whats going on at blizzard for real

That's exactly what the good boomkins who rank on the aoe fights do, always Hurricane, never Astral Storm.
    "Good boomkins" and "who rank" dont fit the same sentence imo, specially on aoe fights. All it takes to rank on those is to get everybody else in the raid to forget the adds.

That's exactly what the good boomkins who rank on the aoe fights do, always Hurricane, never Astral Storm.
    Except Astral Storm is perfectly fine AoE damage and you're talking out of your ass about things you have no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Except Astral Storm is perfectly fine AoE damage and you're talking out of your ass about things you have no idea about.
    Nah, he's simply not saying anything since there are no good Boomkins who rank on AoE fights. Ex falso sequitur quodlibet.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm staying pessimistic that Blizz will make the implementation of shrooms easier.

Hurricane / AS remain the last two archaic methods of doing AE. At least in WoD they will have passive Eclipse interaction - but it is still a far cry from most other classes' AOE capabilities. Up until MoP, it was, Blizzard (the spell) functioned similarly, but had secondary interaction (automatic slow), and perhaps some proc, but I'm not sure.

Shrooms: AOE
    Hurricane / AS: AOE
    Multi-dot: sorta played as AOE since our dots are both instants.

I'd much rather have one proper way to AOE rather than 3 mediocre ones. Adds in most fights tend to be of two sorts (1) ones that we can dot up and still do our rotation on the normal target, or (2) ones that need to be burst down immediately. The "watering" / charging treatment is going to be wasted in practice based on just about all the previous encounters since we cannot re-plant our charged up shrooms like resto can.

What I'd like to see:
    (a) Change AS/Hurricane to behave like Mind Sear - target oriented instead of ground-targeted - they can just remove the two spells and give us a single AOE that always does spellstorm damage.
    (b) Allow us to glyph (or baseline) for a single grenade type shroom that will still benefit from the AS/Hurricane charging perk (self-buff, lasting 15 seconds?)

Just the whole AOE to be able to AOE (later) and wasting that many GCDs seems redundant with sunfall + starfall (30 stars each), muti-dotting, plus standard channeled spell.

-snip-
    Of course. This was just my first impression about Equinox and wanted to give people reasons why it's not as great like people think it is.

Also Celestalon heavily implied that NG uptime is still very desirable with his tweet about Insect Swarm. It also implies that we will not reach even close to 100% uptime on it.

Deleted
    A spellstorm AoE (Starstorm? :P) would definitely be better than what we have now. I wish they would remove Shrooms though, they had their glory days back in Cataclysm, but they are just too clunky now.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how will Equinox lead to a lower NG uptime than with out Equinox? Wouldn't we basically be changing eclipse everytime NG is about to fall off?
    Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manavz View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but how will Equinox lead to a lower NG uptime than with out Equinox? Wouldn't we basically be changing eclipse everytime NG is about to fall off?
    Thanks!
    Because of the loss of Euphoria (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=81062/euphoria) you would need 10 Starfires from -100 to 100 instead of 8 and 14 Wrath instead of 11.
    You may interpret the meaning of Equinox wrong: The non-eclipsed phases won't be cut off. They will be morphed into eclipsed phases with this talent.
    Last edited by mmoc48d2a29035; 2014-04-09 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldonir View Post
    You may interpret the meaning of Equinox wrong: The non-eclipsed phases won't be cut off. They will be morphed into eclipsed phases with this talent.
    Oh, I see. I was thinking that we would just be able to choose when we want to be in solar/lunar by pressing a button rather than have to go from 100 to -100.
    Thanks!

Was Soul of the Forest buffed to 8% chance on nuke or was the a tooltip change in the alpha notes? Probably only talent that needs a big change.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    This is not exactly a question of the utmost importance, but rather then make a thread I figured to ask. I tried googling to see if any announcements for updated boomy models or maybe somehow customizable (or even like feral where my appearance changes some about it) but I haven't seen anything. Am I assume boomy models are not being updated?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are not, no. Maybe next expac :-(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I really hope you're kidding, Astral Storm is fucking garbage compared to Hurricane, you have no idea what you're talking about, friend.

They should remake it in some way, or just bring it back to being only Hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by whippie View Post
    I really hope you're kidding, Astral Storm is fucking garbage compared to Hurricane, you have no idea what you're talking about, friend.
    Maybe if you were capable of reading the post I was replying to, you would understand what I said. I said Astral storm is fine for AoE damage in the context that it is still worth using for AoE, in response to someone who claimed that good Boomkins will ONLY use Hurricane.

I never said Astral Storm was good AoE and I never said it's interchangeable with Hurricane so maybe you should calm down for half a second before getting all furiously buttmad at me.

Deleted
    Man when did the moonkin forum get so hostile :/

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    This is not exactly a question of the utmost importance, but rather then make a thread I figured to ask. I tried googling to see if any announcements for updated boomy models or maybe somehow customizable (or even like feral where my appearance changes some about it) but I haven't seen anything. Am I assume boomy models are not being updated?
    It's on the To-Do list, but they've got other things to deal with first.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's on the To-Do list, but they've got other things to deal with first.
    Not sure if you guys knew this but the moonkin skeleton is the ogre skeleton from BC. Same animations and everything they just slapped a new skin on it. Ogres are getting redone in WoD so maybe the moonkin one will be right after the races get done. Should be before cata races at least.

Quote Originally Posted by officerlahey View Post
    Not sure if you guys knew this but the moonkin skeleton is the ogre skeleton from BC. Same animations and everything they just slapped a new skin on it. Ogres are getting redone in WoD so maybe the moonkin one will be right after the races get done. Should be before cata races at least.
    They are making a new Ogre model, not redoing it. These are different ogres than the ones we know and laugh (about).

That aside, it's not just a skin, it's a completely different model that they just rigged to work with the old Ogre animations. Well, and breathing through the feet, for some arcane reason.
    They might take the chance to redo moonkins as well, but it doesn't really have any connection to Ogres. I'm hoping that, if they do a new model, they'll do it independently from the Ogre model as well this time, preferably with the full animation set for players.

Deleted
    Good boomkins don't even bother, because they know other classes can do it better, faster and more efficiently. So it's better that we shift our attention to single target mobs that require priority.