View Poll Results: Which class would you like to see as the next class in WoW?

Voters
582. This poll is closed
  • Demon Hunter

218 37.46%
  • Tinker

157 26.98%
  • Bard

92 15.81%
  • Necromancer/Acolyte/Necrolyte

71 12.20%
  • Archmage/Battlemage

52 8.93%
  • Blademaster/Gladiator

29 4.98%
  • Dragonsworn

77 13.23%
  • Ranger/Sentinel/Scout/Dark ranger

80 13.75%
  • Spellbreaker

63 10.82%
  • Spiritwalker

17 2.92%
  • Technomage

22 3.78%
  • Templar

27 4.64%
  • Titanborn

57 9.79%
  • Warden

52 8.93%
  • Witch Doctor

41 7.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    I'd give my left nut for a second pure-melee DPS class; the ranged have 3!!!!

But, given the fact that we already got Death Knight and now Monks, the chances of that happening are slim to none. A shame, really. The game doesn't need more tanks or healers, and we have more than enough ranged. But if Blizz added another melee class, the player base would flip out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    no option for no new class ( and no new races either ) we have enough
    Agreed.

They already don't have enough time to create class balance, no need to make it worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    I'd give my left nut for a second pure-melee DPS class; the ranged have 3!!!!

But, given the fact that we already got Death Knight and now Monks, the chances of that happening are slim to none. A shame, really. The game doesn't need more tanks or healers, and we have more than enough ranged. But if Blizz added another melee class, the player base would flip out.
    If you look at class types we have the following;

Single Role (DPS): Mages, Warlocks, Hunters, and Rogues.
    Double Role (DPS/Tank or DPS/Heal): Shaman, Priests, Warriors, DKs
    Triple Role ( DPS/Tank/Heal): Monk, Druid, Paladin

So as you can see, we're missing a three role class. That raises the possibility that the next class will be a mail-wearer, and be able to perform all three roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So as you can see, we're missing a three role class. That raises the possibility that the next class will be a mail-wearer, and be able to perform all three roles.
    Never looked at it that way. I'd agree, that's probably the most likely possibility.

Also, with the triple role classes, they cover the most ground without leaving too many people out. It's the safest bet in terms of added a new class to the game.

So, RIP my hopes and dreams of a warrior/rogue/blademaster/jedi knight hybrid pure-melee DPS class!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Never looked at it that way. I'd agree, that's probably the most likely possibility.

Also, with the triple role classes, they cover the most ground without leaving too many people out. It's the safest bet in terms of added a new class to the game.

So, RIP my hopes and dreams of a warrior/rogue/blademaster/jedi knight hybrid pure-melee DPS class!
    Nothing's definite, but based on what we don't have in the game currently, that would appear to be the most likely setup for the next class; Mail+Tank/Heal/DPS.

I would love a tinker+alchemist combined into a single class, like the suggestion in my signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I would love a tinker+alchemist combined into a single class, like the suggestion in my signature.
    That would certainly fill the thematic, armor, and class type gaps in the current class lineup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon Hunters because they have been in the game for such a long time and of course a lot of people want them.
    Tinkers come second place

Deleted
    Don't like the Demon Hunter idea. Too close to Diablo3 :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I would play a tinker, but I don't think Blizzard will add a class based around it with engineering already existing.

If engineering didn't exist, then I'm sure they would.
    As a Gnome ENG working on a Tinker Transmog, I would not mind seeing the class introduced, and with it, the paying ability to class change my Warrior to a Tinker so it fits... only issue would be getting new gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Eliminate all classes that have existing class names in their name.

Eliminate all classes that share themes with existing classes.

Then you'll be closer to your answer.
    In short: Tinker
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I would play a tinker, but I don't think Blizzard will add a class based around it with engineering already existing.

If engineering didn't exist, then I'm sure they would.
    There's going to be no more DPS items (grenades, bombs, rockets, etc.) in engineering come WoD, so for all intents and purposes, engineering is getting "gutted".

You're only going to be able to build Jeeves, Blingtrons, guns, armor, trinkets, etc. Its going to be a standard crafting profession, just like the others.

I would like to see something like the Elder Scrolls Spellsword class, capable of weaving together the spellwork of a mage and the endurance and stalwartness of a warrior.

Deleted
    Spellbreaker a.k.a. battlemage bring it on!

I think it could be an interesting class to add new gameplay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Spellbreaker a.k.a. battlemage bring it on!

I think it could be an interesting class to add new gameplay.
    Spellbreaker just sounds so.....wrong...

What is it, a melee caster?

What kind of abilities?
    1. "You can't cast that while moving"
    2. "That ability is not ready yet"
    3. "Can't do that while silenced"
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted Demon Hunter because I'm just not sure how the rest of those classes would differ enough from existing classes, or just not be straight up ridiculous (such as Bard). Plus there's a ton of them that I just don't know what you're talking about.

I personally hope they do not add more classes but my money would be on Demon hunter because the amount of people that want them

Deleted
    If (and that is a great big if) there will be another class, chances are it will be the demon hunter (probably re-named into something without the word hunter in it).

demon slayer? don't know..

The lore is excellent, it is crazy popular, it can support a whole expansion on it's theme, it can become a hero class and it can probably be made to work also as a tanking class (always a bonus for the queues). My second guess would be the spellbreaker simply because it is the only concept left untapped. But who knows.. anything is possible.