Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    heh. thats odd. I ran into a crz player farming in the known sweet farm spot the DAY mop was released.
    Then they are grouped with someone from your server.

Deleted
    CRZ makes sense when playing in the old zones - a chance to quest with other players while leveling, the social part of it (and the chance to do grp quests).
    its here and its gonna stay for that reson. I see what kinds of problems it can have, but im pretty sure blizzard had that in mind when they chose to make CRZ - so I doubt that it gets removed in the near future..

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tinker View Post
    Until the questing content is improved, and scaled, and you can't just out level a zone, we will likely still only see the level 1-20 zones occupied and the others looking and feeling like Chernobyl.
    Off-topic ... Chernobyl today is a wildlife refuge and the animals are doing fine. Wolves, Bison, beavers, etc. all doing great there. It's still restricted for humans due to the radiation, but it's amazing how resilient life is.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...chernobyl.html
    "Anyone who thinks controlling people is a science is dead wrong: It's an art."
    Jim Profit - the greatest tv villain you've (probably) never seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    so I doubt that it gets removed in the near future..
    I would love to see all of the realms merged into one giant world server and then reconnect the zones on that server. No more rubberbanding and all players of the same type would be on the same server, just in different phases. Kinda like Star Wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just remove crz from Storm Peaks and Deepholm and people will be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one wish they would have just left my realm the hell alone. I play on Quel'Thalas which is a Latin American realm. Due to the language barrier, people tend to shun LFD/LFR and we had a really good "old school" style server community.

People used to group up "the old fashioned way", even at low levels. I didn't play before Wrath, so it was very much how people say the "good old" days were, I guess. It was great. Everybody knew everybody and all their alts.

Then CRZ came to town and speaking Spanish in public became the worst form of troll bait. It eliminated our custom of world PvP and grouping for dungeons the pre-LFD way. Quel might have been a WoW anthropologists dream realm because so much of the "old ways' of doing things remained intact until CRZ.

Now we're all scattered all over the place and if you say anything in Spanish in public you're going to get a veritable storm of racist taunts and it's not even worth it.

I wish that CRZ had never been applied to my realm it had been left alone, but they didn't listen to these concerns that the latin playerbase voiced since the feature was announced and did it anyway. Sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Would rather have them all gone. Am tired of the screen freezing for a few seconds (like a loading screen) just to go from Elwynn Forest into Westfall, or Ice Crown into Scholazar Basin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving the CRZ, have not had a single screen freeze due to them. Only problem is sometimes if you fly people around, they'll get thrown off.

Else, loving it!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    if you dont want to get ganked - dont level on a pvp server.

CRZ is an awesome feature.
    Steps in evolution:

1. Blizzard regrouped players as soon as summer 2006: cross server BG's.

2. They then made phasing possible (content changes according to some quests you did - mid 2008 - end of TBC).

3. They then made huge phasing plots in WotLK (2008-2010) and people didn't see where this was going...

4. Blizzard regrouped players in dungeons and later Raids in cross server play with new LFG tools.

5. Blizzard used the older technique of phasing to seamlessly put players from different servers into the world of Azeroth together while staying on their server... (CRZ).

6. Blizzard created Pet Battles (inter server) and Farms with advanced phasing techniques.

7. Blizzard created connected realms that use both CRZ technology AND phasing techniques to make it seamlessly but WITH an integrated economy AND organised group play (like Guilds).

8. Blizzard will introduce seamless instances in WoD: so an open world PvP zone gets phased AND uses CRZ to put enemies together from different servers all in real time without the players even being aware they are playing together with other players from other servers...

The" instance" as such can/will even dissapear now in WoD as the instance will be background loaded into the open world where it is supposed to be WITH (CRZ technology) players from other realms...

9. Garrisons will or can be used in group modes even to visit them along with other members of your Guild or Party. I suppose it is only a matter of time they can be used with CRZ too.

And ALL the above as awesome as ALL these technique were ... it ... lead to massive whining on forums ... despite dynamic changing worlds, dynamic farms, garrisons, huge open world battles and incredibly populated world zones across all servers.

.... and still the same idiots whine ....

CRZ is just a logical step in ALL the previous and later design stages.

If you didn't understand that ... well go play checkers then.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Would rather have them all gone. Am tired of the screen freezing for a few seconds (like a loading screen) just to go from Elwynn Forest into Westfall, or Ice Crown into Scholazar Basin.
    Screen lag is a legitimate issue, and would be better accomplished if the link was more permanent like realm connections are, but they have fixed some of the issue around it. The problem is each zone is handled differently, rather than say, each continent. I can under stand it when leaving the cities that are not crossrealmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I transferred to a Horde dominant server to avoid being ganked while leveling. All of the sudden some Alliance douche from Frostmane comes and kills my ass. Please remove CRZ.

pvp happening on a pvp server? what's the issue

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    The biggest issues with CRZ that I have? When it makes people disappear or dismount from multi-passenger mounts. After that would be lots of people in the same quest zone, roleplaying servers grouped together being forced to share favorite hang-out spots with people from other servers, and farming being done by several servers worth of players in any given area.

If they could somehow fix those problems, I'd be happy with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they don't because I sometimes quest with friends from other servers that aren't merged with mine so that would be a big mistake if Blizzard did this. Plus, is this something that is hurting WoW in some way? I don't see it. I've never had a problem with CRZs either so I really don't understand where the complaints are coming from.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I really hope they don't because I sometimes quest with friends from other servers that aren't merged with mine so that would be a big mistake if Blizzard did this. Plus, is this something that is hurting WoW in some way? I don't see it. I've never had a problem with CRZs either so I really don't understand where the complaints are coming from.
    For one, you could look up at my post just above yours. xP I list a few issues, though some are more opinion than pure problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    .... and still the same idiots whine ....
    People are allowed to dislike something - you know they may actually understand that and still dislike it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    There is 0 logic that they would remove cross realm grouping for any reason whatsoever - it's the forced CRZ mesh together that everyone hates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    and Uldum

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    and Uldum
    I dont think most players know about the camel

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I dont think most players know about the camel
    I was just asked about the Camel by two different people last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    if you dont want to get ganked - dont level on a pvp server.

CRZ is an awesome feature.
    I swear I want to punch every PVPer who complains about CRZ... I'm a PVEer, and I HATE it... THAT has problems on my PVE server that screws things up while fixing next to nothing other than "bad advertizing" to new players who see mostly empty zones.

It was what kept me from buying Pandaria prior - but since enough people have left (and they seemingly tweaked it) there's still people, but not the friggin queue-lines to kill Chillmaw like I experienced before.

But still, I'd be happy without it on my PVE server - you can keep it for your PVP whateverness you all do. :P