Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    But you know feminists, americans obsessions with pedophiles and the cultural racism and superiority makes people say crazy things. People are literally saying the forced marriage justifies mass murder.
    Go and ask people "whats worse than mass murder?" you get rape as an answer these days.
    Then you should personally help out people in similar and same situations so they don't have to do anything so rash as the best idea they can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    what is truly gross is the self righteous doorknobs blatantly ignoring what a horrible practice this is, and could/would have lead to rape, abuse. so spare us the crocodile tears. if she truly felt this was the only option for her then you have no room to pass judgement on her, or the people defending her.
    I like how you condemn the 'raping' husband, yet condone the murdering wife. Double standard much? If you read the story, her motive was not fear of rape, it was because she did not love him. On those grounds, do you find it acceptable for any spouse who does not feel love for their partner to murder them?

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    But you know feminists, americans obsessions with pedophiles and the cultural racism and superiority makes people say crazy things. People are literally saying the forced marriage justifies mass murder.
    Go and ask people "whats worse than mass murder?" you get rape as an answer these days.
    Are you seriously trying to make light of child rape?
    What do you suggest this girl should've done to save herself from rape and forced marriage? There is absolutely nothing she could've done. NOTHING! She took matters into her own hands and punished all the people who obviously didn't give two shits about her or her well-being.
    Anyone attending a child rapist forced wedding sincerely deserves whatever suffering they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Yep fuck the law/police
    The law/police in countries with child brides? Yes absolutely fuck them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I understand your point of view. But I'm not exactly feeling sorry for dead rapist pedophiles either, considering that there wasn't a single shred of doubt about their guilt. But I suppose you'd rather have a child forced into marriage with a man over twice her age... I guess that's okay with you.
    You call people celebrating this as disgusting, but you don't realize what you've just condoned yourself.
    Both are bad options. But its a choice between a bad marriage or 3 dead bodies? Yeah I think I know which one I would take.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    I like how you condemn the 'raping' husband, yet condone the murdering wife. Double standard much? If you read the story, her motive was not fear of rape, it was because she did not love him. On those grounds, do you find it acceptable for any spouse who does not feel love for their partner to murder them?
    I think you don't understand how such marriages work.

The term Pedophile being used here disgusts me, "an adult who is sexually attracted to young children." 14 isn't "Young Children"

And the reason people find it wrong, is because if she wanted to poison him, why did she do it at the party. and not do it where she would only poison him, instead of everyone? thats the part everyone is missing here. she could have poisoned him alone later. but instead poisoned the whole party of people not related to the incident at all!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to think that it's somehow wrong to kill rapists. I find that both amusing and disgusting.

Deleted
    Reading a few comments here, and i'll answer them best i can.

1) Her crime is premeditated murder/ culpable homicide, however, she is a minor and as such will be tried legally; Albeit in a juvenile court and not a local village/ religious one.

2) The reason why she cannot plead self-defense is due to her not being directly in danger, as of yet, she was at a feast and supposed to be eating; She most likely would of been raped afterwards as is typical, but the prosecution will destroy any case where self-defense is brought up.

3) Her being sentenced to death is not a possibility, primarily due to age.

Consequently, the Supreme Court in Modupe v. The State[48] held that under section 368 (3), if at the time the offence was committed, an accused charged with capital offence has not attained the age of 17 years it will be wrong for any court non only to sentence him to death but also even to pronounce or record such sentence.
    However, that is little comfort, as Nigerian prison is a terrible, terrible place to be imprisoned.

I personally shed no tears over such people practicing abhorrent things like so and meeting similar ends, but i'm pointing out that legally she's boned; Even if emotionally i support her.

Sadly, women are often counted as expensive animals in such nations; Grass root movements are direly needed for a majority of things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warstrife View Post
    The term Pedophile being used here disgusts me, "an adult who is sexually attracted to young children." 14 isn't "Young Children"

And the reason people find it wrong, is because if she wanted to poison him, why did she do it at the party. and not do it where she would only poison him, instead of everyone? thats the part everyone is missing here. she could have poisoned him alone later. but instead poisoned the whole party of people not related to the incident at all!
    Yeah, people celebrating that she was forcefully married have nothing to do with it, at all.

On those grounds, do you find it acceptable for any spouse who does not feel love for their partner to murder them?
    depends on the situation, if she did not love him then the chances of such abuse taking place are likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Yeah, people celebrating that she was forcefully married have nothing to do with it, at all.
    I guess forget the fact that that is the norm in that country right? so by all means poison everyone who is around just cause they are going with the way they were raised, taught and have lived for their life..... Totally doesn't matter at all.

Very fair. He may not be considered a pedophile to a great deal of the people of where he lives, she could of also tried to get just him. It's possible she had reason to go after some of em but also possible she just didn't think it through and was simply angry and hurt more people than she should of.

Point is she more likely than not did what she considered to be the best idea at the time. People in her situation don't tend to make it out well and those who do tend to suffer greatly with an insane amount of psychological drama or simple emotional walling. Plus she's 14, I know few that are that age and fully realistic about long term events. We learn as we grow following a plan and adjust so possible short term quick answer for her like I said.

You seem to think that it's somehow wrong to kill rapists. I find that both amusing and disgusting.
    I guess I'm not as flippant as some people when it comes to human life.

Deleted
    You're pretty much a typical tumblr feminist so it's kinda pointles to reply to you.

Thread about child brides gets hijacked into us heaping scorn on "Tumblr feminazis".

Stay classy, internet forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    And thus we revert back to my first post.

But no, I really wouldn't be. If you indoctrinate someone from birth, there's a really great chance they'll internalize it.
    Precisely. The men are indoctrinated too, of course. Though it's a little harder to pity them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I guess forget the fact that that is the norm in that country right? so by all means poison everyone who is around just cause they are going with the way they were raised, taught and have lived for their life..... Totally doesn't matter at all.
    So what if it's the fucking norm? You shouldn't accept people getting hurt just because of some fucking stupid ridiculous batshit insane norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    I wonder if it will actually create a wave of retribution against men by their child brides in the region, esp if the outcome for her is not crazy in the courts.
    they will probably execute her and people might try to get her parents also

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    depends on the situation, if she did not love him then the chances of such abuse taking place are likely.
    So any chance of hardship within a marriage is justification for murder. I sincerely hope you never get married.

Deleted
    I guess I'm not as flippant as some people when it comes to human life.
    I second the notion that people, even rapists, don't deserve death; But then again, it's hard for me to defend them.

Should a person who commits murder be killed in return?

Really, it falls into the eye for an eye train of thought; Which i can't support at all, no matter how abhorrent the crime, i'd much rather life-long confinement as an example of our society being civilized.