Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    im a woman, 41 years old with a 24 year old son who is a product of a rape when i was 17, and i dont care about morality - some man holds me hostage and wants to have sex with me against my will, ima do what i can to get out of it, even if it means killing him and everyone in the place who is happy he is doing it...just how i feel, no one has to agree with me, no one has to like it, but that is not going to change how i feel about it
    Sorry to hear this has happened to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    It doesn't matter what's normal in their country, it's pedophilia justified by Islam. Child marriage is common there, that doesn't make it OK just because it's normal. That doesn't necessarily justify murdering him, especially not also killing 4 other people as well, however in many terms it's not much different from someone being sexually assaulted and killing in self defense. Although it wasn't happening at the time (that we know of), it's a 35 year old man married to a 14 year old girl, 10 days after they've been married. He probably had sex with her, and if she doesn't love him and went so far as to murder him over it, I'm going to assume it was rape. Killing a pedophile/rapist is almost never going to be seen as a bad thing by anyone whether or not their own culture views it as normal.
    Well its only Pedophilia based on western constructs. Doesnt brazil/mexico have a consensual age of 13? You also dont know that they actually had sex either.

I can understand your point but your argument falls down in the lack of information given and you make a lot of assumptions.

If their culture views it as normal then its not seen as murdering a pedo/rapist and just becomes murder. I dont get how hard that is to see. Considering this apparantly happened in a northern muslim controlled area the girl will likely be killed herself over all of this

It doesn't matter what's normal in their country, it's pedophilia justified by Islam. Child marriage is common there, that doesn't make it OK just because it's normal. That doesn't necessarily justify murdering him, especially not also killing 4 other people as well, however in many terms it's not much different from someone being sexually assaulted and killing in self defense. Although it wasn't happening at the time (that we know of), it's a 35 year old man married to a 14 year old girl, 10 days after they've been married. He probably had sex with her, and if she doesn't love him and went so far as to murder him over it, I'm going to assume it was rape. Killing a pedophile/rapist is almost never going to be seen as a bad thing by anyone whether or not their own culture views it as normal.
    So you think a country that has this as it's practice somehow views it as wrong yet will not fix it for some...unknown reason? I'm not an advocate of child marriages, rape, or whatever, but even I realize that what I perceive as wrong is not a universal thing (though it's thankfully shared by a majority of people). You can't just make broad statements like, "it's not OK" and have it apply to their situation, that just does not work. We want to believe that what we know and believe in is right and true but if that were the case, stuff like that would not happen at all.

There are just so many cultures out there with differing norms that prove what you just said wrong, the only difference is that you believe pedophilia to be the ultimate evil and thus it's the ultimate wrong. Don't take that to mean as I'm agreeing with it, I just tend to view the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    This. Think too many people here are talking without any understanding of what an awful thing rape and sexual assault (and in turn, forced marriages) are.
    Not in my case. I completely sympathize with her situation and anyone who ever gets raped, but looking at all of this logically, everything being argued here is from an emotional standpoint with no barring on the actual substance. You guys are simply projecting your ideals on a culture whose social norm IS what it is.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2014-04-11 at 11:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Those two things aren't remotely comparable, and I'm highly against circumcision of children. How is the marriage/rape of children by adults more moral than cutting some skin off of kids penises?
    Mutilation of sexual organs of a baby compared to marriage where you may need to have sex against your will?

You know, there are lots of good things about arranged marriages as well. The girl gets a husband, a man who is feeding, protecting and taking care of her. And the husband gets a wife, who takes care of him. There is more to marriage than just sex.

Shockingly, most people have sex willingly in life. Even do everything they can to please people to get them to have sex. Ultimately, sex drives the whole human society.

So when you need to have sex against your own will - it is a bad and unwanted thing - but it isn't the most atrocious thing happening in the world.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Mutilation of sexual organs of a baby compared to marriage where you may need to have sex against your will?

You know, there are lots of good things about arranged marriages as well. The girl gets a husband, a man who is feeding, protecting and taking care of her. And the husband gets a wife, who takes care of him. There is more to marriage than just sex.

Shockingly, most people have sex willingly in life. Even do everything they can to please people to get them to have sex. Ultimately, sex drives the whole human society.

So when you need to have sex against your own will - it is a bad and unwanted thing - but it isn't the most atrocious thing happening in the world.
    This wasn't an arranged marriage - it was a forced marriage

Also, the last part. It's among one of the worse things.

Deleted
    Both are evils. I fail to see how that somehow negates the evils of the latter however.

You know, there are lots of good things about arranged marriages as well. The girl gets a husband, a man who is feeding, protecting and taking care of her.
    So...slavery if there is no rape then?

Deleted
    I see child marriages more acceptable and moral than circumcision.
    So let me get this straight. You see forcing children as young as 8 to marry fully grown men who will repeatedly rape them more acceptable and moral than a stupid cosmetic change to the male genitals? You're basically saying you are in favour of paedophilia, slavery, sexual abuse and rape.

Please tell me you are trolling I cannot believe anyone would be this ignorant. How many boys have died because of a circumcision? ill give you a hint, not as many as the number of girls who die during childbirth because their bodies were too young to handle it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good on her, treating girls/women as a sub-class is bullshit. It happens in almost every culture to one degree or another too.

I'm embarrassed to be part of this species, often. So backward, stupid, lazy and primitive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post

Not in my case. I completely sympathize with her situation and anyone who ever gets raped, but looking at all of this logically, everything being argued here is from an emotional standpoint with no barring on the actual substance. You guys are simply projecting your ideals on a culture whose social norm IS what it is.
    "Social norms" is a silly argument though. That is all they are. Norms. Once it was normal to keep slaves, but that doesn't mean that it was ever morally okay to keep slaves. Once it was normal to discriminate against people based on gender, orientation, etc. That doesn't mean it was ever morally okay to discriminate against people like that. It may be a social norm but it's still a barbaric practice, and when you do barbaric things to people, sometimes they will do barbaric things back to you in return.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but it is easilly joint top of the worst things to happen, alongside torture, murder, and so on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    This wasn't an arranged marriage - it was a forced marriage

Also, the last part. It's among one of the worse things.
    Forced and arranged are pretty much the same thing. Usually a 14-year old girl/boy doesn't have the big picture about how life and world works so adults can make better a decisions in these kinds of things.

Yes rape is horrible and should be punished. But not by murder.

As I am actually peeking around health risks for child brides, and noticing a higher instance of HIV .. it got me wondering.
    As a society are these people really okay with it or is it more like something they overlook the ethics of.
    If you have a family of 5 and 2 are girls and some dude is going to pay you for one of them, that means everyone can live a little longer, rite? Clearly it's not the best situation since the sold person could be displacing another teenager who will become homeless, which would lead to rape and other nasty shit, but also insane health risks she wouldn't normally have.
    Digging into it a little the picture painted, of this, whole, "pick a teen, use her up, dump her, get another" is very unsettling.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    "Social norms" is a silly argument though. That is all they are. Norms. Once it was normal to keep slaves, but that doesn't mean that it was ever morally okay to keep slaves. Once it was normal to discriminate against people based on gender, orientation, etc. That doesn't mean it was ever morally okay to discriminate against people like that. It may be a social norm but it's still a barbaric practice, and when you do barbaric things to people, sometimes they will do barbaric things back to you in return.
    Well back in the days of slavery it wasn't seen as immoral to have a slave. In fact most people saw it as a sign of status. Its immoral by modern standards.
    Whats is seen as moral changes over time so you cant be so blanket with morality. Don't get me wrong i don't agree with forced marriages at all. But if said culture sees it as moral... The fact the country has laws preventing such things yet doesnt act on them would be more of a concern in the first place.

I hope they apply sharia on her.

Why marry young women when instead they can be out being whores and having illegitimate children and have their own show on MTV. I agree the older guys should lay off and let the young guys marry them, but that's africa.

And no it's not just us muslims either. The whole of africa and lots of other parts in this world still marry this young.

In america they don't marry they just get abused and used or do incestual stuff.

I hope they apply sharia on her.

Morality is something the human race dictate and change. Change is possible if the majority wants it (and there's enough power driving the force behind it). In Nigeria's case and every other country that practices this like India for example, these are not things where there's enough power driving the force behind it within their own communities. The people that are for this in those places are the ones with power - and the ones who are not for it don't have a shred of hope because they are just children.

The only way things will change is if an outside force interferes - I.E. the U.S.A

Deleted
    Forced and arranged are pretty much the same thing. Usually a 14-year old girl/boy doesn't have the big picture about how life and world works so adults can make better a decisions in these kinds of things.

Yes rape is horrible and should be punished. But not by murder.
    No, they're not pretty much the same thing.

And, it should definitely be punished by death or lifetime prison.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bervose View Post
    Both are evils. I fail to see how that somehow negates the evils of the latter however.

So...slavery if there is no rape then?
    My point was the hypocrisy people have regarding other cultures. Circumcision is just as bad as arranged marriages. Most of the commenters here are probably Americans, where circumcision is considered a norm. Yet they question arranged/forced marriages done in Nigeria, which is and has been part of their culture for ages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    As I am actually peeking around health risks for child brides, and noticing a higher instance of HIV .. it got me wondering.
    As a society are these people really okay with it or is it more like something they overlook the ethics of.
    If you have a family of 5 and 2 are girls and some dude is going to pay you for one of them, that means everyone can live a little longer, rite? Clearly it's not the best situation since the sold person could be displacing another teenager who will become homeless, which would lead to rape and other nasty shit, but also insane health risks she wouldn't normally have.
    Digging into it a little the picture painted, of this, whole, "pick a teen, use her up, dump her, get another" is very unsettling.
    The higher instances of HIV is an odd point. Is this a case of older women wont marry a male with HIV (i would assume so) so said men go for the former option resulting in these higher infection rates.
    The whole concept of whats happened is horrid really and a change should be rooted from the government who have the laws and the power to stop it but seem unwilling to act

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    And, it should definitely be punished by death or lifetime prison.
    Don't get me wrong here I totally agree with you, but in the case of trading your kid for food or money, does that create a grey area in the situation esp if you are living in a situation where starvation is real?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Fine, so I used the wrong term for the marriage. Doesn't alter any of my arguments.

And what do you expect me to gain from reading those articles? I already know exactly what FGM is. And please don't give any credibility to that first article, it's horribly narrow minded and biased.
    Good god, you're one of the most ignorant posters I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

People like you are disgusting beyond words for conveniently answering away disgusting acts like FGM done against innocent girls with spiels of "oh oh but it's their culture!".

Let me give you some cold hard facts of reality. Modern medical science > You, and groups/nations or even entire cultures sharing completely ignorant views.
    There's a reason the modern world is progressing at the rate it is and it isn't by allowing these BS views such as yours any place at the table.
    Sure, we're not going to go invade them but that doesn't mean we should sit around playing ignorant when these people deserve to be ridiculed and criticized at every turn for embracing, in most cases, willful ignorance.

Deleted
    My point was the hypocrisy people have regarding other cultures. Circumcision is just as bad as arranged marriages. Most of the commenters here are probably Americans, where circumcision is considered a norm. Yet they question arranged/forced marriages done in Nigeria, which is and has been part of their culture for ages.
    Circumcision should be questioned, I entirely agree there. However it's not hypocrisy to be disgusted by this if you live in a society where circumcision is legal. This is basically abducting a girl against her will and using her as a slave (if there is no rape) and that in and of itself is sickening.