Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Ok, my bad. Those guys went over to high five the bully. There, they are celebrating so they definitely deserve to die now.
    I didn't say deserve to die, I just said that a violent response from someone who likely has mental health issues is an understandable (and possibly even expected) response to systematic physical or emotional abuse

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    What other means did she have to defend herself from a lifetime of rape? It was self-defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Run away to a different part of the country where it's illegal to sell girl into marriage.

Beat me to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    So how are womyn oppressed in modern, first world societies such as USA and the vast majority of Europe? You can't comprehend the meaning of oppression. Go live in the Muslim world if you want to experience true oppression. Otherwise, your opinion and any other SJW regime have no basis for a valid argument.
    http://www.thelocal.se/20140204/one-...rform-sex-acts

Yeah, totally not a problem, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I didn't say deserve to die, I just said that a violent response from someone who likely has mental health issues is an understandable (and possibly even expected) response to systematic physical or emotional abuse
    But they had to deserve to die, otherwise it wouldn't be justified.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. I don't think this girl is a hero either. If those 22 people had all brutally bullied and victimised that guy physically / emotionally, then you could say his reaction was understandable. That is almost certainally not the case though. Many of those people will have had nothing to do with it whatsoever. Please stop trying to twist my words
    No, murder is not justifiable.

Hell, I was bullied in school. I've had my ass kicked. I've felt physical and mental pain during school. No, I definitely don't see justifiable that I stabbed or shot even the biggest bully.

Rape is an awful thing, but it just another form of physical violation. Getting hit by a fist in the face and kicked to the head, stomach and back are much more dangerous than having a penis inside your vagina.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just poison her husband?

Run away to a different part of the country where it's illegal to sell girls into marriage.
    Yes, why don't slaves ever just run away? They all can and could have just run away to solve all of their problems, therefore all slaves are complicit with their slavery. Apparently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    You didn't answer my question... How are women oppressed in first world countries?
    Sexual harrassment, unequal pay, sexual double standards, representation in the media, social expectations (with regards to things like unpaid labour at home), access to reproductive health,

It's not understandable or justifiable or whatever word you want to throw at this to make it look pretty. Murder is murder. It's not a common thing at all because it isn't common to do this. People don't just flip a switch and kill someone, it takes someone with deep mental issues to do it.

Deleted
    People don't just flip a switch and kill someone, it takes someone with deep mental issues to do it.
    No, it doesn't.

Because if your aim is to make as many people as possible happy, then hurting people is wrong, and any ideals based on making it okay to hurt someone are inherently bad.

If your aim isn't to make as m any people as possible happy... Well, why not?
    You're basing one subjective ideal on another subjective ideal. What is 'happy'? A smile? A sense of inner peace? Accomplishment? A glutton would be very 'happy' eating chips and candy all day, but is that the right kind of 'happiness', is there true peace and fulfillment in that? How does one determine the true meaning of happiness? It all comes back to the point that there is no such thing as moral objectivity.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    You're basing one subjective ideal on another subjective ideal. What is 'happy'? A smile? A sense of inner peace? Accomplishment? A glutton would be very 'happy' eating chips and candy all day, but is that the right kind of 'happiness', is there true peace and fulfillment in that? How does one determine the true meaning of happiness? It all comes back to the point that there is no such thing as moral objectivity.
    Happiness is up to the individual to determine, but so long as that happiness doesn't infringe on the happiness of others, they should be free to persue it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    Yes, why don't slaves ever just run away? They all can and could have just run away to solve all of their problems, therefore all slaves are complicit with their slavery. Apparently.
    I would say her situation is a lot easier to escape than some others because marrying children is actually illegal in Nigeria. All she had to do was jump on a buss to a different part of the country and she'd be safe.

The point is that you can't kill several people and then claim self defense when you had other non violent options available.
    Last edited by zephid; 2014-04-11 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sexual harrassment, unequal pay, sexual double standards, representation in the media, social expectations (with regards to things like unpaid labour at home), access to reproductive health,
    What the fuck is social expectations? Sexual double standards? How are you represented in the media? How do you not have access to reproductive health care?

Deleted
    It's not understandable or justifiable or whatever word you want to throw at this to make it look pretty. Murder is murder. It's not a common thing at all because it isn't common to do this. People don't just flip a switch and kill someone, it takes someone with deep mental issues to do it.
    People don't just flip a switch and kill somebody? Well goodbye non-slow burn provocation as a defence.

Also the girl did have a deep seated issue, albeit not a mental one. She was forced, against her will to live with a man as his wife. I'd probably be willing to kill to escape that and I am a pacifist.

Deleted
    Unequal pay is a myth.

The rest apply to men as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    No, it doesn't.
    Yeah, it does.

Deleted
    Harassment = Happens just as much to men but women seem to thin its not harassment as men "ENJOY IT"
    Unequal pay = Bullshit and has been proven to be bullshit many times. All studies which perpetuate this gap fail at observing multiple points including working hours, leave, experience, education, time in job
    Representation in the media = bogus. if anything its reverse as men are more routinely passed over to meet a pre fixed quota regardless of who is better for the job
    Social expectations? = you'll have to expand on this
    Reproductive health= Really? you understand what you just typed?

I would say her situation is a lot easier to escape than some others because marrying children is actually illegal in Nigeria. All she had to do was jump on a buss to a different part of the country and she would be safe.

The point is that you can't kill several people and then claim self defense when you had other non violent options available.
    You really don't think it's insulting to suggest 50% of Nigerian girls aren't smart enough to just run away? If only you were there to tell them that all of their problems could be solved if they hop on a bus.

Happiness is up to the individual to determine, but so long as that happiness doesn't infringe on the happiness of others, they should be free to persue it.
    Should we ban all sporting events then because if somebody wins that means the other person is unhappy because they lost?

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    The responses in this thread disgust me. Advocating murder as a "heroic" solution to a problem is absolutely foolish.
    There are some people that will never change and will continue to make others lives terrible until the day they die.