Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love how people are all morally outraged at her would-be Husband yet excuse her from any blame when she is a serial killer and a menace to her little community.

14 is not too young to marry. People have been marrying girls once they "flower" at 13 since the beginning of time, yes even in the West. Only now in the 21 century do we make a big deal out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    There are more aspects of culture than what the society finds acceptable of doing with your sexual organs. That is the point some of "us westerners" don't seem to understand when they moralize others.
    Yeah, socially sectioned rape of little girls and murder of gay people can just be handwaved away! Your views are despicable and you should be ashamed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I love how people are all morally outraged at her would-be Husband yet excuse her from any blame when she is a serial killer and a menace to her little community.
    It's not just the age thing, in fact it's not even mainly the age thing in this case. It's the fact that she was forced to marry and live with this man when she did not want to.

Also people are understanding why she did this (rather than saying it was a good thing) because she was basically abducted by this man and expected to be his wife.

10+ Year Old Account
    14 is not too young to marry. People have been marrying girls once they "flower" at 13 since the beginning of time, yes even in the West. Only now in the 21 century do we make a big deal out of it.
    That's a logical fallacy (appeal to tradition, appeal to antiquity).

Just because we used to do something in the past doesn't make it right.

Yes, some people believe men and women have the right to defend themselves from rape and even death.

What a badass.

She should get a medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I said independent of. As in, your morality is inevitably heavily influenced by experience and environment. Social progress occurs as a result of freedom of speech, having time to think about shit, and being exposed to other ideas. Culture evolves in a way that I think is highly analogous to organisms. You must first have the idea occur (mutation) and then it must find an environment that is at least minimally hospitable for it to spread and out compete other ideas.
    I haven't been engaged in this discussion so I'd like to know a little bit more about your position, so as not to do it a disservice. Would you say that westerners have morally/ethically superior social practices in regards to marriage than those in Nigeria?

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Sorry, but it is the case in a lot of cases. It's not as extreme as in the west, but half the shit girls grow up watching (disney movies since forever) just teach you that your lot in life is to find a prince and marry him and make babies and live happily ever after under his bootheel.

And yep, a lot of things are bad for men, but all of the things you just listed are a result of the patriarchy - which is a system of oppression implemented by men. Just, occasionally it bites back against men. That doesn't mean that the patriarchy and oppression of women isn't a real thing.
    One prime reason for this among is religion as I mentioned on page 33 here was:

Quote Originally Posted by Goranus View Post
    Welcome to the boat club. I'm not found of religion because what you said. Also the reason why religion promotes violence and subjugation of women is because is an ancient relic of most Jews, Christian and Muslim religions. The origin for the Judaism began when they remove their other god's and demonise others, like baal. Yes judaism was once a ploytheist religion. and their god El actually have a wife. Yes god had a WIFE! And her name was Asherah. and in genesis if pll remember Adam's first wife was lilith and she left his cuz he was an domineering asshole who wanted a tropy wife so god made Eve for him form one of his ribs.

The moral of the story is that the Abrahamic religions demonise and potray strong women as Evil and subservient women as the paragons of purity. What a load of bullshit.
    And while I do bash religion. It's for being one of the driving force in the oppression of women and also being part to peoples mentality. Why is there no Female pope? Why nun's at the lower level of the church Hierarchy? simple, the motherfucking church.

The worse part is that for each split form Judaism, the new Religion just get's worse in relation to the treatment of women.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Well, I'm gay, so as far as female role models, I'm more interested in strong gay women, so in my case I basically have to choose between the cast of Lip Service and The L word, and tend not to be interested in watching breeder shows.
    Who would have guessed?
    I thought about it, and now that you confirmed it, it makes the comments you make a lot more understandable. Heterosexual women generally aren't that anti-man and pro-feminine as you. And which, I would like to point out, are the majority of women. It's more understandable for you to despise a forced marriage, but you should see beyond your own biased view.

I'm all in favor of gay and lesbian rights, they are not equal in all western countries - there is still work to be done. But women? You should really get up to date from the early 1900's to 21st century.

Still, it's not our call to judge African or muslim societies when it comes to gay and women rights. If they really want a change, it will happen, let them decide themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    1.) she killed a sicko that would get off on raping her every day every week every month every year for the rest of her life.
    2.) being raped every day would destroy her mentally and physically, therefore this case is preemptive self defense against RAPE.
    3.) she will now get her life ruined by being jailed anyways.
    4.) she will get jailed by her fellow countrymen.
    5.) her countrymen are rape apologists and support the culture of child brides.
    6.) her countrymen are stealth pedophiles.
    7.) therefore, she killed future child rapists, pedophiles, and their supporters.
    8.) nothing good will come out of Nigeria with such customs and traditions. It's time to forget non-interference policies and actually enforce human rights and fundamental freedoms on those countries. BY FORCE.
    quoted for truth, emphasis on number 8

Deleted
    There are more aspects of culture than what the society finds acceptable of doing with your sexual organs. That is the point some of "us westerners" don't seem to understand when they moralize others.
    Yeah, such as music, art, food etc but they're the shallow parts of a culture. People, in many cases, refuse to look at the values a culture instills in people and the purpose of it.

Is this acceptable? Should this be tolerated?

Ashura. The tradition that is celebrated in rememberance of the martyr Husayns' death. The participans in the celebration strike themselves with chains fitted with knives to show their sympathy with Husayn. It's an extremely bloody celebration. One even cuts small children. Do not for a second believe that you can be negative to child abuse within the Shi'i culture - you're namely a racist then.

Deleted
    Still, it's not our call to judge African or muslim societies when it comes to gay and women rights. If they really want a change, it will happen, let them decide themselves.
    The problem is that the people who should be deciding are not allowed to decide. If this girl had decided to get married then you wouldn't have this outcry.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    'once heard a story' being the key part. Maybe the cops thought that the boyfriend was just being drunk & rowdy, saw a guy look at his girlfriend, and went off on them. The story after the fact being a 'uhh... I WAS DEFENDING HER!'

and while I'm pretty much for freedom of choice in everything... I gotta play devil's advocate to some comments about the legality of abortion...

In the US, when a man has sex with a woman, and she has a child... either by accident, conniving, or a failure of birth control. The guy is told to pay up, because if he didn't want a child he shouldn't have had sex.

Are there people that are OK with this, but scream foul play when a woman in another country is told that if she didn't want a child she shouldn't have had sex ?
    I woundn't have said what I what just said if it was just smoke and gas

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I find her action morally acceptable, it clearly was self-defense.
    It's alright, she'll be burned alive as a mass murderer

Quote Originally Posted by almaderp View Post
    personally I think of pedophilia and rape as being far worse than murder
    This is objectively wrong and a huge problem today. Obviously murder is the worst crime. Switching this around results in all manner of backwards thought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    This is objectively wrong and a huge problem today. Obviously murder is the worst crime. Switching this around results in all manner of backwards thought.
    Objectively wrong? I would like to hear why exactly that is.

Deleted
    Pretty sure torture is the worst crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    1.) she killed a sicko that would get off on raping her every day every week every month every year for the rest of her life.
    2.) being raped every day would destroy her mentally and physically, therefore this case is preemptive self defense against RAPE.
    3.) she will now get her life ruined by being jailed anyways.
    4.) she will get jailed by her fellow countrymen.
    5.) her countrymen are rape apologists and support the culture of child brides.
    6.) her countrymen are stealth pedophiles.
    7.) therefore, she killed future child rapists, pedophiles, and their supporters.
    8.) nothing good will come out of Nigeria with such customs and traditions. It's time to forget non-interference policies and actually enforce human rights and fundamental freedoms on those countries. BY FORCE.
    A little worries about the aftermath. but if it works then FUCK YEAH.

While i dont mind the man getting killed by this forced bride, im sorry there is no excuse for a mass murdering. If the husband was inclined to let her cook a meal for 12 person, im sure he was gona let her cock his own meal as well. She had opportunity to kill only one person, but she did not, she took the opportunity to kill many. When ever something hard happens in your life, if you take the worse path, youll have to deal with the consequences, even if this happened in the Western countries, youd still be charged with mass murdering, self defense does not work like that. Being a victim does not unable you to go to the extremes, never has. Forced marriage should not exist, mass murder arent a legitimate way of self defense, never will be, not when there is an alternative.

I do not condemn her actions, but mass murdering always comes with consequences. She would have to deal with those consequences even if she lived in our "morally superior" western world.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2014-04-11 at 02:00 PM.

"Live free or die."

There are actually many people who consider sex slavery to be a fate worse than death.