Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHast View Post
    She wanted to kill them, which makes her a psycho.
    Unless it's self-defense against rape and possibly death. A man or woman has the right to defend themselves from rape and death, or do you not believe that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Absolutley. In both cases regardless of whether the husband is nice or not, a child in a forced marriage that she does not want to be in is utterly disgusting and unforgiveable.
    They're not always bad. My great-grandmother was able to come to the states because of a forced marriage. Well, the only other alternative was die to the turks like most her family, so it wasn't quite as bad of a choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Ah the judgments of the first world. Of course she would have the access and skill to a poison that would only target her husband at a party with multiple people in Nigeria.
    You speak as if a drop of rat poison and a gallon have the same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Absolutley. In both cases regardless of whether the husband is nice or not, a child in a forced marriage that she does not want to be in is utterly disgusting and unforgiveable.
    That's a ludicrous stance to take. Just because two situations can be considerable deplorable, doesn't mean one cannot be objectively worse than the other. What if the first girl is kept chained up underground all day without food or water, but the other is well nourished and treated with a shred of dignity. You cannot seriously argue that their situations are equally deplorable.

Deleted
    They're not always bad. My great-grandmother was able to come to the states because of a forced marriage. Well, the only other alternative was die to the turks like most her family, so it wasn't quite as bad of a choice.
    That's really lucky, but I don't think we should allow forced marriages where the bride does not want to be in the marriage just in case in the future they have to move countries to avoid persecution

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    Unless it's self-defense against rape and possibly death. A man or woman has the right to defend themselves from rape and death, or do you not believe that?
    Will you stop treating your suppositions that the man would rape her as fact?

Just because you have a penis doesn't mean you are a rapist.

Jesus, you people. You claim to want equality but every man's a fucking rapist in your eyes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    That's a ludicrous stance to take. Just because two situations can be considerable deplorable, doesn't mean one cannot be objectively worse than the other. What if the first girl is kept chained up underground all day without food or water, but the other is well nourished and treated with a shred of dignity. You cannot seriously argue that their situations are equally deplorable.
    Okay, the one with the abusive husband is worse, but they both fall below the line of "things there is absolutley no excuse on this earth for allowing"

Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    Answer these questions:

If she didn't consent to the marriage, how did she consent to consummating it? Could she have faced potential repercussions for leaving? Could she have faced potential repercussions for attempting to refuse sexual intercourse?
    We don't know if they even consummated. You cannot call him a rapist, we don't know if they had sex.

She probably would've been caught if she ran, I never said she should've ran though... There's no easy answer however planning to kill 14 people when you only have an issue with 1 is crazy.

Again I don't know what went on in their bedroom. For all we know they could've just have had a lovers spat and she overreacted. We simply don't have the whole picture.

Perhaps a 14 year old girl who for whatever silly reasons feels as if she was raped, and is facing a lifetime of more rape, and is probably going to be expected to bear the children of whom she feels is her rapist, which could very possibly kill her? Do you not acknowledge any remote possibility that this girl felt she had been raped? Growing up in a culture that condones rape doesn't make the rape victim feel any less raped, it just allows the rapist to escape culpability.
    Refusing to put out for your Husband is not rape in their country so you cannot call it rape. Marital rape has only been a crime in the West for what only 30-40 years? Again with the double standards and the righteousness...

10+ Year Old Account
    You speak as if a drop of rat poison and a gallon have the same effect.
    You speak as if a drop of rat poison would have specifically targeted the husband, and no one else.
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Are you seriously trying to make light of child rape?
    What do you suggest this girl should've done to save herself from rape and forced marriage? There is absolutely nothing she could've done. NOTHING! She took matters into her own hands and punished all the people who obviously didn't give two shits about her or her well-being.
    Anyone attending a child rapist forced wedding sincerely deserves whatever suffering they get.
    They forgot the fact its north Nigeria. Muslims are allowed, or follow there own shariah law. (Nigería's own federal law actually forbids marriage before 18) And I doubt a 14yo got any other way to escape. I got the feeling she thought murder was the only way out.

Deleted
    You speak as if a drop of rat poison would have specifically targeted the husband, and no one else.
    It wouldn't have killed 3 people and hospitalised 10.

That, I guarantee.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't have killed 3 people and hospitalised 10.

That, I guarantee.
    Might not have killed anyone, including her husband. Imagine what he would have done to her.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullderp View Post
    Using my earlier example--beheading for reading banned religious books--just because they think this is the right thing to do doesn't make it so. There are some things which are, or should be, universally accepted as morally right or wrong. If human rights are being violated in certain countries, we can and should have the moral obligation to step in and see these human rights are upheld. Cultural sensitivity only goes so far.
    This is a slippery slope, because you can bend and twist things around if you start exhibiting some universal human rights thing.

Regarding controversial subjects such as child marriage and abortion....

How do you make the call with abortion that it is or is not violating human rights? And of which human? The mother, the child, both? Having or not having an abortion has consequences, too. That might contradict with the original purpose of the decision made about the abortion in the first place.

And child marriages? Yes it's against the child's rights to make the decision whether to marry or not. But the decision the child makes doesn't necessarily make it "the right" thing for him/her. The consequences might be bad, if you decide to not marry - aka not have a husband, home, kids, food, life.....

So giving the child the option to choose might actually do them more harm than good. There is no objective right or wrong. Freedom comes with a price.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Will you stop treating your suppositions that the man would rape her as fact?

Just because you have a penis doesn't mean you are a rapist.

Jesus, you people. You claim to want equality but every man's a fucking rapist in your eyes.
    If she didn't consent to the marriage, how did she consent to consummating the marriage? What repercussions could she face for leaving? What repercussions could she face for refusing sexual intercourse?

Child brides are slaves, and as they are not allowed to refuse sexual intercourse with their husband, they are sex slaves by extension.

"Forced" marriage, which of course includes consummation of said marriage, equates to forced sex, which some people call rape.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    While she was in a shit situation, killing is not the answer here.
    If you had a gun and was being charged by a bear, what exactly would you do?

10+ Year Old Account
    She wanted to kill them, which makes her a psycho.
    Now that's jumping to conclusions.

All we know is that she wanted out of it. I applaud her for doing something, but I agree that killing them was overdoing it. But we can't call her a psycho because we do not know if death was the goal or if she just did not see another way.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    If you had a gun and was being charged by a bear, what exactly would you do?
    That is a false analogy. Her life was not in immediate danger while cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    We don't know if they even consummated. You cannot call him a rapist, we don't know if they had sex.
    So your argument hinges on the possibility that her husband never consummated or planned on consummating their marriage. How likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Refusing to put out for your Husband is not rape in their country so you cannot call it rape. Marital rape has only been a crime in the West for what only 30-40 years? Again with the double standards and the righteousness...
    Once again, telling a man or woman who has been forced to have sex that they weren't raped doesn't make them feel any less raped. When men are mocked or called gay for claiming to have been raped by a woman, do they feel less raped? No, they don't.

There's your double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Now that's jumping to conclusions.

All we know is that she wanted out of it. I applaud her for doing something, but I agree that killing them was overdoing it. But we can't call her a psycho because we do not know if death was the goal or if she just did not see another way.
    Even if she was trying to kill him, it doesn't mean she is a psychopath. Most murderers are not psychopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    That is a false analogy. Her life was not in immediate danger while cooking.
    How do you know the bear was going to kill you? Why not turn and run? Is it false to assume the bear would immediately kill you and there was no other possible outcome?