Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    sooo f'ing bad

Just something to prove that not all the previous expansions had bland weapons. (everything on the right side are WoD weapons but it was cut off a bit.)

Infact, Cata had the most simplistic, and elegant weapon out of them all as the image shows. BC has the most bland. It's very basic with no real design put into it. MoP, contrary to popular belief, had the most unique weapons because of the asian aesthetic which provided for alot of decorative and beautiful gear. The only really gritty expansion was WoTLK and that was mainly with the ICC patch in weapons like Ghoulslicer which invovled too much metal, death skulls, or spikes.

WoD is using the savage look to fit the theme of the expansion for orcs and humans. they do have some nice looking weapons tthough such as that mace, the bow, that shield with the Warsong Clan symbol, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm surprised you guys are ignoring the gems like that. Such a shame.

Deleted
    I guess it's too much to ask for swords that would look like a sword, not like a stone stick from stone-age...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post

Just something to prove that not all the previous expansions had bland weapons. (everything on the right side are WoD weapons but it was cut off a bit.)

Infact, Cata had the most simplistic, and elegant weapon out of them all as the image shows. BC has the most bland. It's very basic with no real design put into it. MoP, contrary to popular belief, had the most unique weapons because of the asian aesthetic which provided for alot of decorative and beautiful gear. The only really gritty expansion was WoTLK and that was mainly with the ICC patch in weapons like Ghoulslicer which invovled too much metal, death skulls, or spikes.

WoD is using the savage look to fit the theme of the expansion for orcs and humans. they do have some nice looking weapons tthough such as that mace, the bow, that shield with the Warsong Clan symbol, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm surprised you guys are ignoring the gems like that. Such a shame.
    This is because Blizz was using high fantasy style when bc came out but for Wrath they switched to this style that they are using now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    BC has the most bland. It's very basic with no real design put into it. MoP, contrary to popular belief, had the most unique weapons because of the asian aesthetic which provided for alot of decorative and beautiful gear. The only really gritty expansion was WoTLK and that was mainly with the ICC patch in weapons like Ghoulslicer which invovled too much metal, death skulls, or spikes.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and not everyone likes the Asian aesthetic. It's a weapon, a tool, it should be simple. I liked the TBC and WotLK models personally. It's hard to really form an opinion on the weapons in WoD because so far it's all quest reward models, which have their good and bad visuals in every expansion. So far I see similarities to Cata in the weapons I've gotten in beta, with rock and crystal design on them. The polearm I picked up in the first area was very different from the swords in your example image though, had a lot more detail.