Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    You'll get the fucking proof when WoD launches
    Sure thing, just like everybody quit when you couldn't fly on isle of thunder or timless isle.

I disagree with most of Blizzard's decisions lately, but no flying in 6.0 is one of the smartest things they've done in years

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Again, I am not concerned with Twitter babble. I am more vested in FACTS which are found on Battle Net and in Patch Notes.
    It's not Twitter, it's a fucking video interview on the first post of the thread you pollute with your ignorance. I wish that people would fucking look at the first post of a thread before starting shitting on it... If you look at that video, and you are not absolutely totally retarded, you will understand that THE FACT is that they will TRY to go for the no flying shit. Sure it's not set in stone, because if they start losing subscription they will be fucked in the ass by the financial department and forced to put it back, but the ACTUAL DESIGNERS of the game are pushing for that shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Sure thing, just like everybody quit when you couldn't fly on isle of thunder or timless isle.

I disagree with most of Blizzard's decisions lately, but no flying in 6.0 is one of the smartest things they've done in years
    Timeless Isle is a piece of shit little zone where people go to farm epix and useless shit. It's not a continent. So yeah, we'll talk about your arguments 1 month into WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Timeless Isle is a piece of shit little zone where people go to farm epix and useless shit. It's not a continent. So yeah, we'll talk about your arguments 1 month into WoD
    Indeed we can, and until then, it doesn't matter how many times you roll your eyes, the assertion that there's "millions" of people who will "quit for good" is simply meaningless as it lacks any evidence to back it up.

Good. I hope we get no flying, no LFR, no arena points based on individual wins, the old talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorsson7 View Post
    Good. I hope we get no flying, no LFR, no arena points based on individual wins, the old talents.

So... aside from arena, you want classic WoW? Ha-ha-ha.

See this is one of those things you'd have to get used to AGAIN! We have been flying pretty much from point A to point B since 2007! Its 2014...so yeah, its going to be a thing you'd probably hate at the start but I don't think it would be that bad of an idea...they created a world that we just fly over nowadays, few of us actually take time to look at the zones and find neat little things

so I understand why they're doing it, or if they do it! I'd gain to like it

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So... aside from arena, you want classic WoW? Ha-ha-ha.
    No I want Burning Crusade. Flying only worked in Outland because Kalimdor was non-flying so there was still World PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Siphix View Post
    See this is one of those things you'd have to get used to AGAIN! We have been flying pretty much from point A to point B since 2007! Its 2014...so yeah, its going to be a thing you'd probably hate at the start but I don't think it would be that bad of an idea...they created a world that we just fly over nowadays, few of us actually take time to look at the zones and find neat little things

so I understand why they're doing it, or if they do it! I'd gain to like it

We have leveling for that. When we level, we see enough, and we even have to do it per alt. How many more times do you have to be forced to look at every single tree model to officially "appreciate the work they put into it"?

- - - Updated - - -

No I want Burning Crusade. Flying only worked in Outland because Kalimdor was non-flying so there was still World PvP.

If you wanted Burning Crusade, you'd want flying in Warlords. Like you said: "flying worked in Outland", the relevant content. Draenor is the relevant content in WoD.

We have leveling for that. When we level, we see enough, and we even have to do it per alt. How many more times do you have to be forced to look at every single tree model to officially "appreciate the work they put into it"?

- - - Updated - - -

If you wanted Burning Crusade, you'd want flying in Warlords. Like you said: "flying worked in Outland", the relevant content. Draenor is the relevant content in WoD.
    But there is flying in Azeroth now. Aka there is no where that is no flying. There needs to be somewhere.
    Last edited by Thorsson7; 2014-04-12 at 12:16 PM.

So what would you base arena wins on?

Why would you remove LFR when its is a valid progression stone?

Why the old talents? Why not re-design them from where they are now? Or add to them?

But their is flying in Azeroth now. Hence no where where there is no flying. There needs to be somewhere.

... What? No offence, but could you rephrase it? Oh, I think I get it already. And yes there is. Timeless Isle and Isle of Thunder. Also, Draenei and Blood Elf starting zone.

And yes there is flying in Azeroth now, because like Outland did in TBC, Azeroth became relevant content in Cataclysm.

- - - Updated - - -

I for one would like to see the world, have a reason to go through it, not just sit in some city waiting for a queue or looking for someone to trade with or duel. Flying over it kills the world to me, always have

Why the old talents? Why not re-design them from where they are now? Or add to them?

Them glasses are just thick and rosy, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

I for one would like to see the world, have a reason to go through it, not just sit in some city waiting for a queue or looking for someone to trade with or duel. Flying over it kills the world to me, always have

This is all your prerogative. You can choose to fly or not fly now, you can choose to explore, and you can choose to not sit in the city. Damn man, why does Blizzard need to force and push you into doing something you say you want. If you wanna do it, just do it.

And even if that was true, every time you level a character to 90, you have 5 levels of having to run through the zones without flying. That's enough time to take in the world around you. Don't make other people who like flying mounts sit on the ground with you just because you have no self-control.

- - - Updated - - -

This is all your prerogative. You can choose to fly or not fly now, you can choose to explore, and you can choose to not sit in the city. Damn man, why does Blizzard need to force and push you into doing something you say you want. If you wanna do it, just do it.

And even if that was true, every time you level a character to 90, you have 5 levels of having to run through the zones without flying. That's enough time to take in the world around you. Don't make other people who like flying mounts sit on the ground with you just because you have no self-control.
    The point is, zones will be designed completely differently when flying isn't intended for them

The point is, zones will be designed completely differently when flying isn't intended for them

And what part of that "point" is supposed to convince me?

And what part of that "point" is supposed to convince me?
    It's not supposed to convince you.

It's just to say that claiming "just don't fly if you don't want to, stop forcing it on us" isn't really valid in this case.

It's not supposed to convince you.

It's just to say that claiming "just don't fly if you don't want to, stop forcing it on us" isn't really valid in this case.

Indeed it isn't, because there will be no flying in WoD thanks to all the whine threads and bandwagoners. That option used to be valid, but I can't choose to fly or not fly now, so you're right about that.

I feel LFR removes the effort of people putting a raid together. The sense of common goal that we've all spent a long time getting this group ready so let's put 100% in.

Arena points should be based on arena rating at the end of the week after playing 20 games minimum. I can't stand seeing people just constantly selling boosts. There is no real drive for higher rating when people can cap at 1200 MMR.

... What? No offence, but could you rephrase it? Oh, I think I get it already. And yes there is. Timeless Isle and Isle of Thunder. Also, Draenei and Blood Elf starting zone.

And yes there is flying in Azeroth now, because like Outland did in TBC, Azeroth became relevant content in Cataclysm.
    I feel flying eliminates the Horde vs Alliance element of the game, which really is the foundation of WoW. Why be concerned about seeing an opposite faction member when you can just fly? Heck... it eliminates you really seeing people of your own faction. I know it sounds stupidly minor but it takes something away.

So having something being relevant content is synonymous with flying? I'm not saying it isn't, but I don't think it should automatically be considered so.

- - - Updated - - -

I knew the rose tinted goggles would come out. The quality of the game has declined, hence the population decrease. The same thing happened with Halo 4. 343i significantly altered the foundation/core of the game and it was a disaster.

Yes yes yes yes YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

God do I hope Blizzard stick to their guns on this decision, it would prove that they're in charge - not the demanding crybabies who want their content fed with silver spoons. I predict They'll stick to their guns this time. Why? Because unlike Cata and MoP (Cata mostly) They have experience in big changes. They learnt a lot from the massive fuckup that was named Catacylsm. This time, they WILL succeed. I have soo much faith in this exp.

I feel like some of the changes being made, for instance the item squish and no flying, the ones that are for these changes are the playerbase that still exist from TBC days. They know how good that expansion was, stuff like flying in main cities and 1 million crits is for me extremely dumb, and that alone makes big parts of the game not appealing.

The ones that are against these changes I would assume came to this game in late WotLK or later. I've read a lot of posts lately, and the way that most of those people present themselves in their posts, suggests to me that they may be in that age where you only demand demand and demand, I.E mid-teens (16-18). That makes sense as well, seing how horribly demanding their attitude is.

TL;DR - Don't back down on this Blizzard. There are a lot of people backing you on this. Make it through the first weeks without changing it and people WILL back down!

WoW's NGE.

You don't go backwaards in MMO design...even F2P embrace the idea of better travel mechanisms now.