Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Just wanted to express my rage to the Internet about LFR ToT being impossible to complete now because of that GREAT 90 level boost.

Just got for the 3rd time to Last Stand of the Zandalari raid and for the 3rd time 80% of the raid is 90 lvl boosted ofc without any knowledge of their class and wiping AT THE START on trash. I can't believe that Blizz is okay with something like this. It pisses me off even more when I have to wait 50 mins to see how we wipe AT THE START. It's pathetic.

After I saw the newest interview article where it was stated that: "You won't be able to queue for Heroic Dungeons or LFR until you have a certain level of Proving Ground achievements." I hoped they're doing something about it but noooo. It's just for Heroic Dungeons now. AWESOME Blizz.

Sorry guys. You can just ignore this thread and move along if you don't share my rage.
    Let me point out, as others probably have.

LEVELING DOESNT TEACH SOMEONE HOW TO PLAY THEIR CLASS

I raid heroics. Currently 7/14. I have been a heroic raider since it was released in Ulduar. I have been playing since TBC. Do you know what I did when I first hit 70 and started gearing for raiding as a prot pally? I stacked spellpower cause I heard it was a good stat for Prot Pallies. It wasn't until I failed in raids that I only needed a SP weapon, and I should be stacking tank stats. Leveling as a prot pally didnt teach me that.

You all bitch about the 90 boost saying ti ruined LFR. Guess you conveniently forgot how bad LFR was before the boost. Only difference is now you have something specific you can blame I guess.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't have much problems either...
    Those level 90 possibly undergeared toons are made up for easily by the overgeared alts that are in there for the quest items..

When I look at the meter, and I see someone dealing 300k dps on a boss, I know that one person already carries at least 2 boosted toons.
    Adding those with 200k range and 150k+ range.... It's rather a cakewalk.

So far managed to kill Dumuru three times without him being able to spawn his maze. Pretty impressive for a LFR group if you ask me.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post

I raid heroics. Currently 7/14. I have been a heroic raider since it was released in Ulduar. I have been playing since TBC. Do you know what I did when I first hit 70 and started gearing for raiding as a prot pally? I stacked spellpower cause I heard it was a good stat for Prot Pallies. It wasn't until I failed in raids that I only needed a SP weapon, and I should be stacking tank stats. Leveling as a prot pally didnt teach me that.

You all bitch about the 90 boost saying ti ruined LFR. Guess you conveniently forgot how bad LFR was before the boost. Only difference is now you have something specific you can blame I guess.
    Leveling teaches you what each ability does at a slow pace, which could all be learned at level 90 sure, but a person dinging to 90 by leveling will know the uses of each of their spells. Just not the proper rotation most of the time.

Enchants, secondary stats, class techniques such as a warrior saving all his rage for a Colossus Smash, are not taught during leveling. But leveling is important for a new player to absorb how to play the game in general and an overview of their class spells and the spells of other classes in the game. Veteran players know the abilities of most of the other classes, so a level 90 boost isnt going to hurt them really.
    Chronomancer Club

Well, part of my leveling experience on any of my toons is looking up how to play
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Leveling teaches you what each ability does at a slow pace, which could all be learned at level 90 sure, but a person dinging to 90 by leveling will know the uses of each of their spells. Just not the proper rotation most of the time.
    I boosted a 90 Prot Pally straight out of the gates. Guess who's now tanking Siege of Orgrimmar? This guy. And you know what I didn't do? Level. I think it is stupid you seem to think everyone needs to atleast go through the levelling process to understand every ability. You don't. All it takes is a quick skim through spellbook and assign things on the bar, then a quick visit to icyveins or any other forum that has class guides to show you what the rotation is. It really doesn't require levelling to learn how everything works, trust me. All it takes is a good read through of abilities and a guide. Done.

I've been having a blast tanking with my boosted warrior... I'll take your word for it though, LFR can be troublesome.

Deleted
    (1) - Bad players will always be bad.

(2) - It does take people time to learn how to play their class. Fair enough, at the start they might not be that great. In time, the good ones will learn their new class and tend to be better. I'm not the most fantastic player in the world, but I had hit 90 on my Shammy and never played end-game on it before. I hadn't ever healed in a raid before either - I was absolutely terrible at the start. Over the next couple of weeks/runs I got a lot, lot better just by practice. Don't forget that these will be some people who are trying a new role as well, so take time to get into it.

(3) - I think that the 90 boost has been rushed, and also once WoD is out, with a better Proving Grounds - you'll find these guys doing better.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I boosted a 90 Prot Pally straight out of the gates. Guess who's now tanking Siege of Orgrimmar? This guy. And you know what I didn't do? Level. I think it is stupid you seem to think everyone needs to atleast go through the levelling process to understand every ability. You don't. All it takes is a quick skim through spellbook and assign things on the bar, then a quick visit to icyveins or any other forum that has class guides to show you what the rotation is. It really doesn't require levelling to learn how everything works, trust me. All it takes is a good read through of abilities and a guide. Done.
    The difference is, a leveled tank can hit an ability through instinct under pressure. A purchased tank will have to remember where the button is even if he knows what he's looking for.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really a boosted toon... But, I've grabbed my pally on the weekend, whom I haven't played at all since I leveled him to 85 at the beginning of Cata. I admit I had very little grip for him anymore after such a long time. I didn't even bother looking up for rotations and all the juicy stuff.
    So I queue for a random dungeon as Ret, while I kept leveling via quests. Once in the run, I find myself with a DK tank that managed to die 3 times to trash pulls. So I ended up off-tanking the whole run in Ret spec.. lol It was super easy, and even though I had only the old possibly old outdated rotation used, I still managed to top the meter and getting aggro all the time anyway. So yeah, if you have a general feel of what's going on, one can adapt rather fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    I belive the problem is that you try to do LFR on a tuesday.
    That's the only time it's not completely horrible

- - - Updated - - -

Ever take Algebra, or something like it? Well, it's quite simple, ToT got worse after pre-purchase came out.. Now, what is the only variable before and after pre-purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Just wanted to express my rage to the Internet about LFR ToT being impossible to complete now because of that GREAT 90 level boost.

Just got for the 3rd time to Last Stand of the Zandalari raid and for the 3rd time 80% of the raid is 90 lvl boosted ofc without any knowledge of their class and wiping AT THE START on trash. I can't believe that Blizz is okay with something like this. It pisses me off even more when I have to wait 50 mins to see how we wipe AT THE START. It's pathetic.

After I saw the newest interview article where it was stated that: "You won't be able to queue for Heroic Dungeons or LFR until you have a certain level of Proving Ground achievements." I hoped they're doing something about it but noooo. It's just for Heroic Dungeons now. AWESOME Blizz.

Sorry guys. You can just ignore this thread and move along if you don't share my rage.
    Yep, because this never happened before the boost, honestly if you can't figure your class out just playing 90 levels of playing aren't gonna help.

Let me spell it out for you.

If you give a good Driver a fast car he's never been in, he will be able to drive it. If you give a bad driver a new fast car, he will plant it into a tree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    Yep, because this never happened before the boost, honestly if you can't figure your class out just playing 90 levels of playing aren't gonna help.
    Except they weren't as bad as they were now. *takes your blindfold off*

ToT is the same as always

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    ToT Normal is easier than ever. Why would ANYONE bother queuing for ToT LFR when you can hop onto openraid and have a ToT group going within 5-10 minutes? Faster than LFR, better loot, less time than waiting in queue...

STOP QUEUING FOR TOT LFR!
    So you're gonna take someone in a 496 ilvl?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    If you give a bad driver a new fast car, he will plant it into a tree.
    Makes a nice contemporary flower pot.

You can do good to yourself and the comunity by trying to teach the players in LFR one way or another
    We, the comunity have turned wow in what it is now. If we teach the new players they will teach others. If we insult them they will insult others. That's how the world goes and it is not only in games.

However, many ppl are at times beyond our reach.

The ppl that did not had a 90 before that and did not experience the timeless isle gearing of toons are not aware of how much gear upgrades they can get from ther and most of all HOW.
    A fresh boosted 90 can get a ton of tokens by simply colecting all timeless chests on the isle using them + the 1 guranteed burden from the biggest chest will boost the gear of the new toon significantly.
    In addition while colecting all the chests they will have between 10-15k coins wich could be spent on a sparkling new 496 weapon from the vendor on the same island.
    The problem with the curent boost is it does not put ppl in that starting zone for boosted 90's that blizz have promised for 6.0 and instead they tried to fix it by puting fresh 90's on the isle. Something that was abused by those pesky bloody coin farmers.

Last month when i boosted my rogue for wich i had no weapon heirlooms i socketed a STR 1h sword from Garosh to use as MH got all the timeless chest and then spent all the coins for an extra Burden from the monkey cave next day i entered LFR - SoO directly socketed, enchanted, with a 505 average ilvl and being 5-th to 8-th in the dps charts and ppl told me i should first do Heroics .... or as some said at lest do other LFR first? When asked what can i possibly get from the places they are sending me besides 1 possible trinket upgrade and 1 possible oh upgrade they couldn't answer...

What satisfied me is that the person that complained the most "lol boosted 90 noob" as he called me was the tank that somehow did the mistake to get res sickness on 4-th and last boss (sha) and got kicked after i poninted out that our tank has res sickeness on

So i am saying the problem is not in the BOOST blizz has provided so generous for us. The problem is in the ignorance of ppl

I have personaly drove around the isle and across the broken bridge dozens of ppl expalning them all they need to know to gear their toons fast. I also explain to them how to get to the Red lake and the the big chest near ordos by other means without the help of someone with a cloak. When i don't have time i simply tell ppl to look up timeless isle chests in a search engine and see the maps listed there. That is almost enough of info easy to grasp and if they can't get that there is no point explaining every other trick they could use to gear up faster.
    Many ppl do know them and use them. There are even those that know for example that they get honor from killing the pvp rares in krasarang wilds yet many don't want to group up even thou they don't lose honor from doing so.
    Last edited by Pyrophobia; 2014-04-15 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Makes a nice contemporary flower pot.
    Idioms, Non existent in Iowa

Somewhat related, but last night I decided that I was going to hate myself and do SoO LFR, on a Monday Night, on my boosted toon.

I initially was just going to do the first wing, because oh my God, LFR sucks, right?

We wiped only once on Sha to tanks dying because of a mistake.

Emboldened, I decided to queue for the others.

No issues. We even one shot Garrosh. On a MONDAY And there were a bunch of boosteds with us too.

The point is, don't lose faith. You'll get crappy groups, you'll get good groups. Hell, I've seen very little difference in LFR quality between launch and the advent of boosted characters.

It all depends on the time of day / week you do it op. Some times of the day/week are bound to have more inexperienced players than others. Stay away from Weekends at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Nothing is impossible with 10 stacks of determination.
    This is the best answer ever, and is blizzards answer to bad groups.

See, every expansion brings something bad (according to the elitist)

BC: Flying Mounts
    WoTLK: RDF
    CATA: Raid Finder
    MoP: Instant 90

Anyone wanna take a guess on WoD? My Guess? Garrison, why? because if they become a requirement to Raid people are going to complain; not saying it but knowing blizzard they might make it like Dailys.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2014-04-15 at 02:38 PM.