Deleted
    It hasn't been mentioned a single time in the list of spells that generate chi, so doubt it.

I'm not sure. 2% mana for a 4 sec channel is underwhelming, especially with no eminence or real damage. 2% and 2 chi for free also sounds too good to be true.

Yup you guys are right, the generate chi portion is mentioned in Crane Style Techniques, meaning it doesn't apply in Wise Serpent. So it's a stupid change that just gives MW a way to do ranged damage for free.

Deleted
    We need mana tea challening while moving, they just gave istant Divine Plea that gives 4.5% mana to paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Yup you guys are right, the generate chi portion is mentioned in Crane Style Techniques, meaning it doesn't apply in Wise Serpent. So it's a stupid change that just gives MW a way to do ranged damage for free.
    LOL, there was this brief surge of optimistic enthusiasm and then it just died off within 5 minutes. XD

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    We need mana tea challening while moving, they just gave istant Divine Plea that gives 4.5% mana to paladins.
    You trade 3 Holy Power for 4.5% Mana, it's very odd TBH.

Just to put the list of these in one place for easy reference:

Druid

Innervate (New) Causes the Druid to regenerate 2.50% of maxmimum mana every 4 sec for 8 sec. This effect is cancelled if the Druid spends mana on a healing spell. Druid - Restoration Spec. 30 yd range. 2 sec cast.

Monk

Crackling Jade Lightning (Mistweaver) Channels Jade lightning at the target, causing [ 4 + 256.4% of AP ] Nature damage over 4 sec. Generates 1 Chi each time it deals damage. Refunds 2% of maximum mana if channeled for entire duration.

Paladin

Divine Plea (New) Instantly regain 4.5% of maximum mana. Paladin - Holy Spec. 3 Holy Power. Instant.

Priest - Discipline

Penance Launches a volley of holy light at the target, causing [ 112% of Spell Power ] Holy damage to an enemy, or [ 128.46% of Spell Power ] healing to an ally instantly and every 1 sec for 2 sec. Each time Penance deals damage, the Priest will regain 2% of maximum mana. Priest - Discipline Spec. 2.9% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant (Channeled). 9 sec cooldown.

Priest - Holy

Chakra: Chastise Increases the damage done by your Shadow and Holy spells by 50%, grants a 10% chance for Smite to reset the cooldown of Holy Word: Chastise, causes Smite and Holy Fire to cost no mana and refund 0.75% of maximum mana, and transforms your Holy Word spell back into Holy Word: Chastise. Holy Word: Chastise Chastise the target for [ 84.8% of Spell Power ] Holy damage, and disorients them for 3 sec. 30 sec cooldown. Priest - Holy Spec. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.

Shaman

Glyph of Telluric Currents - Your attunement to natural energies causes your Lightning Bolt spell to restore 1.25% of your maximum mana instead of costing mana. Major Glyph.
    Last edited by Emerya; 2014-04-17 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    Pretty fuckin dumb imo, this conflicts with the class in 2 ways;

a) we already have something for downtime, it's called fistweaving
    b) we already have active mana regeneration for when we need mana, it's called mana tea

like if this is halfway decent it will take priority over both and they'll become non existent, and if it's any worse it will just not be used and confuse people

- - - Updated - - -

here's an idea, maybe also tie it to jab at 0.75% return so that it actually serves a function the spec doesn't have. all mana regen for MW is stationary atm, all gameplay is locked in shitty channels that everyone hates

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like we aren't just triage healing in WoD. Sounds like burst damage/AoE phases again with breaks in between to regen mana for the next burst of damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry guys, they nerfed Expel Harm's base mana, everything will be fine! We are saved!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    I don't like it either, it's like glyphed 5.2(?) Divine Plea, where you had to finish 4.5s cast to get the mana. Oh, you had to move 0.5s before finish? Too Bad! Try again! ... Any cast that is longer than 1.5-2 seconds can be extremely punishing is fights where you have to move often. This would also spoil the only good thing about our non-cd channels; you can interrupt them any time without punishment.

The realy stupid thing is it could actualy be required in propper healing rotation, all it would take is a buff to the mana percentage.

The GCD change itself will make us cast about 30% less spells over time and now they bring 4s casts? Jesus...

i like these mana changes. they're cool imo

why would you complain about something which makes healing that slightly bit more interesting

(3 hp for 4.5 mana is pretty shit btw)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

why would you complain about something which makes healing that slightly bit more interesting

One part of interesting gameplay does not save it from have disinteresting gameplay with it.

And I really do not see this as interesting, just another thing that I have to do, just another spell to be interrupted. Some mana can make interesting gameplay, this one just seems like work to me.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account

it's pretty shit outside of HA. With HA active it's kinda insane lol

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    it's pretty shit outside of HA. With HA active it's kinda insane lol
    HA has been changed in WoD. Not sure how it works but it's defo been changed....
    Last edited by Floopa; 2014-04-17 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Fistweaving stays with Crane Stance.
    It will however remain something that doesn't heal enough nor does enough damage to warrant a place in anything other then farm content where you cba to switch in an actual dps.
    I would love to do damage while I heal. I feel that the smite-spamming Priests getting top-heals were just bogus in LFR. While I'm not asking for the same kind of treatment, I would love to just dedicate to Fistweaving to level and heal in 5mans leveling in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by lerris View Post
    Monk

Crackling Jade Lightning (Mistweaver) Channels Jade lightning at the target, causing [ 4 + 256.4% of AP ] Nature damage over 4 sec. Generates 1 Chi each time it deals damage. Refunds 2% of maximum mana if channeled for entire duration.
    Main problem IMO is it's replicating a mechanic we already have in our rotation/priorities. Basically adding a second "Hold on everyone, I'm drinking" mechanic.

We already have to find time which we aren't required to heal or move, to channel our mana tea. And at least that can be interrupted whenever.
    Not healing or moving for Tea AND not healing or moving for 4 seconds for CJL.. If we can ever avoid doing that, we will. But if we're forced to do it, it doesn't seem like interesting or fun gameplay.

As far as I can tell, our statue still gives it's split of Eminence even if you're in Serpent Stance. Celestalon hasn't given a response whether that's intended or not, but there's a chance this could to do a bit of eminence healing as well (hopefully after adding SP to the damage calc..), making it a bit less crap.

Edit: Oh he just did. :[ https://twitter.com/Reglitch_/status/456619277127139330
    Last edited by Liff; 2014-04-17 at 09:10 AM.
    =
    Bowick
    Mistweaver Monk

Officer @ The Raven Council - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    HA has been changed in WoD. Not sure how it works but it's defo been changed....
    oh well then

gg divine plea

Remember that fistweaving will also still cost mana. CJL is just the same thing the other 4 healers are getting, a way to do ranged damage for free and get a minuscule amount of mana back while doing so. With crit levels going down the drain and chi generation/consumption getting tanked, Mana Tea channeling won't happen nearly as often, so it's feasible that if you don't need the damage but want some mana back that you would sit and channel CJL instead of fistweaving or healing. Of course, that's making the assumption that a fight exists in which you do not need more damage.

Deleted
    The problem is that instead of returning mana celesty has said it will instead create mana tea. The last thing this spec needs is more time channeling and less time actually playing the damn game.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    The problem is that instead of returning mana celesty has said it will instead create mana tea. The last thing this spec needs is more time channeling and less time actually playing the damn game.
    I'm hoping he meant that channeling in Crane indirectly creates tea by generating Chi, not that channeling in Serpent will become tea. If that's not what he meant, then we can just chalk it up to another nonsensical MW blunder.