Thrill of the Hunt & Barrage

Hey fellow Beast Mastery hunters, I'm wondering if people could explain to me what fights Thrill of the Hunt is the best tier selection for, when going for pure DPS (all encounters are basically on farm now), and opinions on Barrage. I have a pretty good idea of when to use Barrage but honestly have not even touched TotH this tier, for no adequate reason.

For BM I would assume Toth would be best for galakaras (besides the boss, like almost nothing is alive long enough for crows) + 75% of the fight is basically aoe. Norushen too maybe if you're one of the last ones to go down as you will be switching targets like crazy and the adds don't live long enough for crows.

Oh shit, I'm soooo sleepy right now. I'm getting the talent tiers confused. Ignore my post, I will edit it to make sense when I wake up.
    Last edited by Orcindauh; 2014-04-18 at 11:14 AM.

You can choose ToTH for all fights and never look back. One less button to track, + more AS to keep ur rapid fire uptime high, it works perfectly while u wait to get KC off cooldown. It also works wonder in cleave giving u high uptime of multishots.

Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    You can choose ToTH for all fights and never look back. One less button to track, + more AS to keep ur rapid fire uptime high, it works perfectly while u wait to get KC off cooldown. It also works wonder in cleave giving u high uptime of multishots.
    He asked for "best" and "pure DPS".

OP, if there's more than 1 target semi-consistently in the fight, you can go Barrage/ToTH.

In very high-haste gear (mine), Barrage is only a 4k DPS single-target loss, and I can almost match Dire Beast damage with ToTH single-target.

Immerseus: ToTH + Barrage
    Protectors: ToTH + Barrage
    Norushen: Dire Beast + Glaive Toss/Barrage (pretty close tbfh)
    Sha of Pride: Dire Beast + Glaive Toss
    Galakras: ToTH + Barrage
    Iron Juggernaut: Dire Beast + Glaive Toss
    Dark Shaman: ToTH + Barrage
    Nazgrim: Dire Beast (if you stop DPS, ToTH if you don't) + Barrage
    Malkorok: Dire Beast + Glaive Toss (unless your guild sucks and you get to cleave lots in which case ToTH)
    Spoils: ToTH + Barrage
    Thok: ToTH + Glaive Toss
    Blackfuse: Dire Beast + Glaive Toss
    Paragons: ToTH + Barrage (you did say pure DPS standpoint!)
    Garrosh: Dire Beast/ToTH, depends how much you get to AoE + Barrage/Glaive Toss, depends on how much you get to AoE.

Yeah I generally have pretty high haste gear, although not capped yet by any means (575 atm). I'll give TotH a shot on some of those fights you suggested. The main reasons I stay away from it is that I actually enjoy having more buttons to press, it's one of the reasons I've stuck around as a Hunter :P