Quote Originally Posted by LSPrimigenia View Post
    Hey all, we just downed 10m heroic protectors last night (got a really late start in SoO.. just started like 4 weeks ago), and I was wondering if you all wouldn't mind looking over my logs from that fight. Only things I'll say is that it was a long fight (9:32), and I was definitely orienting my CD usage towards progression over throughput (i.e. saving some of them for oh-shit moments instead of consistently stacking them). Also tips on my Armory appreciated, but I think for the most part it's solid. Also, are those numbers reasonable/good for my gear level? Note the Neck and Off-Hand dropped after the kill (subtract 2ish ilvls from Armory).

Log Report
    Armory

Thanks!
    Can't really add a whole lot to what you've already said, based simply off Fallen Protectors. You've got good Holy Shock usage and general Holy Power generation, Good regen cooldown usage. Only points I could say are you used Holy Light quite a lot, generally its not worth even casting compared to shielding with HR/DL, although I can tell by ToR you cast quite a few 100% health DL's so its not that bad. Just work on the Avenging Wrath and GotAK uptime, and try to use your CDs overall a bit more loosely.

Basically havent raided on my H pally in 4 months and even then it was 10s. Now im in a 25 Heroic guild (been on a r druid)

Armory- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mentlol/simple
    Logs- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/924z4nabq3fby09w/

Be brutal last night was my first night doing SH or even selecting it as a talent and I need to know what to do better.

Also want to know if my gemming is correct with alot of Int+mastery gems or if I should go straight mastery gems and ignore socket bonuses.

Lastly im curious what fights do you actually think are better with EF.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by pretiwhitboy View Post
    Be brutal
    You're gemming far too much haste, your gear has far too much strength, and I doubt your selfless healer output would be very good without being Holy.

Also you're logged in Ret gear.

Be brutal last night was my first night doing SH or even selecting it as a talent and I need to know what to do better. Also want to know if my gemming is correct with alot of Int+mastery gems or if I should go straight mastery gems and ignore socket bonuses.
    A serious response, now:

Why are you using Divine Purpose, especially with 4pc?

Sorry about that relogging now.

And about DP i was testing it out with the SH on 25s, in 10s i always went HA.

Currently logged on in Holy gear... resposting my page.

Basically havent raided on my H pally in 4 months and even then it was 10s. Now im in a 25 Heroic guild (been on a r druid)

Be brutal last night was my first night doing SH or even selecting it as a talent and I need to know what to do better.

Also want to know if my gemming is correct with alot of Int+mastery gems or if I should go straight mastery gems and ignore socket bonuses.

Thanks in advance.

Four,
    oh: four.
    Page Not Found

There was
    a PAGE
    here.
    It’s gone now.

The armory link is broken.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntlol/advanced

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks in advance.
    I'm with you.. I was holy paladin at start of exp.. switched to Brew Tank... then Prot Pally... now that we've merged and become 25m, I'm struggling. We're progressing (as a 25m) on heroic Thok and I'm trying to get used to the Selfless Healer way of healing.

As for fights with EF.. I used EF on Malk and Spoils tonight.

But we only had a couple of bung attempts on Thok tonight so these logs aren't that good to go off.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/3236

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinaa View Post
    I'm with you.. I was holy paladin at start of exp.. switched to Brew Tank... then Prot Pally... now that we've merged and become 25m, I'm struggling. We're progressing (as a 25m) on heroic Thok and I'm trying to get used to the Selfless Healer way of healing.

As for fights with EF.. I used EF on Malk and Spoils tonight.

But we only had a couple of bung attempts on Thok tonight so these logs aren't that good to go off.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/3236
    It's really hard to make an informed assumption here without you logging out in your holy set.

That being said, your Judgement casts are always lower than your Holy Shock casts, which is really sub-optimal for playing SH.

Your J casts needs to be the same as your HS casts, else there's an issue where you are not maximizing your HP generation.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Usually J is very slightly less then my HS casts as I prefer casting HR with infusion proc during HA even /wo SH buff. But that may account for 2-3 J during every HA. So only a handful over the duration of a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    Usually J is very slightly less then my HS casts as I prefer casting HR with infusion proc during HA even /wo SH buff. But that may account for 2-3 J during every HA. So only a handful over the duration of a fight.
    In said person's case, though, the amount of J is far lesser than the amount of HS, so there's a fundamental problem.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Hey all. I had a huge problem healing tonight in 25 man. So Right now I am using ask Mr Robots crit build because i was 2 healing every single fight inc garrosh in 10 man normal and this crit build seemed to work very very well.

Well tonight I healed my first 25man and found that I was WAY behind every other healer with the same item level as me. My question is should i change back to full mastery for 25man ?

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Dondivine/advanced

Here is the WoL's from the raid I am referring too I honestly dont think my healing rotation and cool down management are the issue but maybe I am wrong I never had a problem pumping out 150-250K hps in 10man

25man - SoO Normal Logs
    worldoflogs.com/reports/dtggkg64agtsbddw/sum/healingDone/

I need a spec that will give good HPS in 25man. Should I go to mastery? change my gems? change my trinkets?!?! I couldn't believe how low I was tonight

thank you
    -Don

- - - Updated - - -

forums wouldnt let me post links cuz im new here
    Last edited by Donalld; 2014-04-19 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dondivine View Post
    Hey all. I had a huge problem healing tonight in 25 man. So Right now I am using ask Mr Robots crit build because i was 2 healing every single fight inc garrosh in 10 man normal and this crit build seemed to work very very well.

Well tonight I healed my first 25man and found that I was WAY behind every other healer with the same item level as me. My question is should i change back to full mastery for 25man ?

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Dondivine/advanced

Here is the WoL's from the raid I am referring too I honestly dont think my healing rotation and cool down management are the issue but maybe I am wrong I never had a problem pumping out 150-250K hps in 10man

25man - SoO Normal Logs
    worldoflogs.com/reports/dtggkg64agtsbddw/sum/healingDone/

I need a spec that will give good HPS in 25man. Should I go to mastery? change my gems? change my trinkets?!?! I couldn't believe how low I was tonight

thank you
    -Don

- - - Updated - - -

forums wouldnt let me post links cuz im new here
    The fact you are casting LoD copiously with EF slotted already tells me that you don't have sufficient knowledge about the optimal hpally rotation.

When someone posts here asking for help, yet declares he has absolutely nothing else to learn and that his cup is already full, I don't think he is trying to do anything except blaming uncontrollable circumstances for his performance, or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by Dondivine View Post
    Thats your problem, you got carried by a 2nd healer or simply out geared the content as a group, and then went into a situation where you couldn't keep up. Go Mastery, take LoD off your bars and respec Holy Avenger, then if you still suck come back and ask again, and we can actually help you.

Deleted
    Just because someone (mistakenly) thought they were doing well doesn't immediately mean they see themselves as literally infallible. Obviously this person came here because they realized they needed help and wanted to find ways to improve, so that's maybe a little unnecessarily harsh.

Additionally to the few actually pertinent points that were made (go Mastery, too much LoD, no Holy Avenger), you will probably also want to reconsider your Glyph choices and fit Glyph of Beacon of Light/Hand of Sacrifice in there somewhere (instead of Avenging Wrath, which is close to useless, and Protector of the Innocent would be the usual way to go). Your cooldown usage also needs a little work and needs to be more frequent.

If you are going to continue raiding 25, you might also consider giving Selfless Healer a try (beware that it might cause you to stop having any fun playing a Holy Paladin! >.<). Especially on Normal Modes there's a decent chance you'll get drowned out a lot with EF.

Shamelssly plugging my own site, but whatevs... there's good stuff here:

Overview guide: http://intplate.com/holy-paladin-5-4-by-lifespark/
    Level 45 Talents: http://intplate.com/5-4-level-45-talents/

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    When someone posts here asking for help, yet declares he has absolutely nothing else to learn and that his cup is already full, I don't think he is trying to do anything except blaming uncontrollable circumstances for his performance, or lack thereof.
    I'm more interested in his fixation on HPS. Yes, he can do better. But if he just wants to "top the meters" and he's now healing with real healer specs (instead of whatever monk/whatever he had in 10) he's going to be disappointed regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really hard to make an informed assumption here without you logging out in your holy set.

That being said, your Judgement casts are always lower than your Holy Shock casts, which is really sub-optimal for playing SH.

Your J casts needs to be the same as your HS casts, else there's an issue where you are not maximizing your HP generation.
    Yeah, I had to go Prot this week hence not logging out in holy. Am currently in Holy. Looking at my gear, I probably have too much spirit. Also just realised I haven't changed my glyphs either... will get onto that when I next log.

In saying this - how viable is the Nazgrim multi-strike trinket for 25m? Do many people use this? I've currently got heroic Sha trink and normal Blackfuse trinket.

Just asking again the little questions as I'm most probably going holy again as we may have another Pally tank to take over.

I'm sure it's my rotation and getting back into it - and I know it's not about topping meters but I just feel so inadequate and feel like I don't pull my weight. Kinda feel like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Shamelssly plugging my own site, but whatevs... there's good stuff here:

Overview guide: http://intplate.com/holy-paladin-5-4-by-lifespark/
    Level 45 Talents: http://intplate.com/5-4-level-45-talents/
    Totally gonna read this when I get home!! xD tyty
    Last edited by Renface; 2014-04-19 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinaa View Post
    In saying this - how viable is the Nazgrim multi-strike trinket for 25m? Do many people use this? I've currently got heroic Sha trink and normal Blackfuse trinket.
    I'd still use the normal Dysmorphic. The trinket effect on Nazgrim is pretty much good for nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    I'd still use the normal Dysmorphic. The trinket effect on Nazgrim is pretty much good for nothing.
    I thought this as much - thanks for the confirmation. One of our Resto Shamans and our MW Monk have been playing around with it, but didn't know whether I'd bother or not.

The fact you are casting LoD copiously with EF slotted already tells me that you don't have sufficient knowledge about the optimal hpally rotation.

So what you are saying is when 5 people need a heal I should EF one person instead of using LoD? Esp when I already have both tanks flamed up

Because that's the only time I use LoD. Is it still better to use flame just because the beacon transfer amount or what