Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    The only thing I am defensive about is a long standing feature which many enjoy being removed for the sake of "trying something". If you want to be taken seriously, and treated like a grown up, you need to show your sources, and not just whip shit from thin air. If you are not a liar, you have nothing to worry about.
    You are acting as if you are the first, or the second, of the third person to be a crusader for these threads. You are not. At this point to anyone who was around when these threads started up your whining is seen as just that - the evidence is IN THESE FORUMS. Everywhere with flying in it since end of last year. You can plug your eyes/'ears' and pretend that I have to be the one to bring YOU up to speed, but that isn't correct.

If you want to join an existing conversation, get clued up and do your own research first. If you contributed something new to the thread maybe I'd spend my time to give you information, but so far all you've done is been a parrot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salty goat View Post
    Wow, 317 pages and counting, with most people freaking out.

Oh no, no flying until first patch. Big deal.

Somehow, whatever the situation is, I'm sure you'll get through it. If this is the toughest thing you've ever had to face in WoW, I envy you.

And why don't we wait until at least a month or two before release before going nuts.

Patience is a virtue.
    We are fine with no flying til 6.1. The problem is upstarts, usurpers, and heretics taking Tweets and cute little videos about possibly no flight at all in Draenor AFTER 6.1, rather than going with the written facts on Battle Net. We're essentially just warding off the fear-mongering and reminding Blizz, without flight, a good many of us will find a new game.

I went ahead and bolded the part that is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO THE NEW ZONES IN DRAENOR. Maybe someday you people will figure that out. I know I can fly in Azeroth. I know I can fly in Outlands. I WANT TO FLY IN DRAENOR. Hoping that is now clarified.

As for flying being like cancer, first, I hate anyone who uses that analogy. They've obviously never lost anyone to cancer, otherwise they would understand what a horrid analogy that is and look for a new one. Second, the only thing that could IMPROVE WoW, in my opinion, is the removal of PvP in the world. Only allow it in instances. PvP is popular among assholes and their attitude is what is ruining the game, not the flying mounts.

In this instance, removing ANY feature is a poor design choice.
    That was in response to your quip about the flying mounts people are earning or buying from Blizzard.
    If you think WoW is perfect how it is now and could use no improvement (and the only improvement you did offer was a head-scratcher) then you are pretty myopic, friend. It's no wonder you're throwing such a fit over this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Removing something that is beneficial does not produce a benefit.
    Flying mounts are not objectively beneficial to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You are acting as if you are the first, or the second, of the third person to be a crusader for these threads. You are not. At this point to anyone who was around when these threads started up your whining is seen as just that - the evidence is IN THESE FORUMS. Everywhere with flying in it since end of last year. You can plug your eyes/'ears' and pretend that I have to be the one to bring YOU up to speed, but that isn't correct.

If you want to join an existing conversation, get clued up and do your own research first. If you contributed something new to the thread maybe I'd spend my time to give you information, but so far all you've done is been a parrot.
    Yeah, I am repeating facts from the BNet site. All you offer is hyperbole and the ramblings of a fan site thread. Bring me a solid source and I will let you sit at the grown ups table.

Yeah, I am repeating facts from the BNet site. All you offer is hyperbole and the ramblings of a fan site thread. Bring me a solid source and I will let you sit at the grown ups table.
    Do you not see the irony in your posts? You're talking about being a grownup all the time (something kids do) while simultaneously spitting your dummy out about changes you haven't experienced and from the looks of it don't even understand.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

We are fine with no flying til 6.1. The problem is upstarts, usurpers, and heretics taking Tweets and cute little videos about possibly no flight at all in Draenor AFTER 6.1, rather than going with the written facts on Battle Net. We're essentially just warding off the fear-mongering and reminding Blizz, without flight, a good many of us will find a new game.
    Some are, I personally would not play without flying before 6.1... but would consider returning if they change their minds later on. If it's no flying in any new content from here on out, ugh, no thanks... at least MoP had flying for the Vale and Landfall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    That was in response to your quip about the flying mounts people are earning or buying from Blizzard.
    If you think WoW is perfect how it is now and could use no improvement (and the only improvement you did offer was a head-scratcher) then you are pretty myopic, friend. It's no wonder you're throwing such a fit over this issue.

If being dedicated to keeping a valuable feature in the game and not allowing them to take MORE shit away from us on a permanent basis makes me myopic, then so be it. I am not going to kowtow and let Blizz fuck me in the wallet after buying a CE with a Flying mount, for DRAENOR, and purchasing the Iron Skyreaver for $25, an orc-centric flying mount designed for DRAENOR. Being able to ride it is Vanilla-MoP is irrelevant as it is tied to DRAENOR and should be ride-able in DRAENOR. (Emphasised the expansion I was referring to since you people seem to love to fall back on the 'you can fly it in Stormwind herp derp' bullshit).

- - - Updated - - -

Do you not see the irony in your posts? You're talking about being a grownup all the time (something kids do) while simultaneously spitting your dummy out about changes you haven't experienced and from the looks of it don't even understand.
    I understand so far all you have brought me is opinion, hearsay, conjecture, and hyperbole wrapped up in a cute little anecdotal package and have failed to deliver any solid facts about 1) it is being removed for good and 2) bringing those facts directly from BattleNet.

I never recieved an answer to my theory about how I think when some people hear "No flying in Draenor!" They use Outland as a pointer to the imagination of how Draenor without flying would work. I mean. It makes sense to do that, none of us has played Draenor. We don't know what they will compensate no flying with. But to think no flying in Draenor will be how Outland we know it today without flying would be, is an obvious trap to fall into when we hear that no flying in Draenor will happen...

I am not a part of this argument anymore, just curious

If being dedicated to keeping a valuable feature in the game and not allowing them to take MORE shit away from us on a permanent basis makes me myopic, then so be it. I am not going to kowtow and let Blizz fuck me in the wallet after buying a CE with a Flying mount, for DRAENOR, and purchasing the Iron Skyreaver for $25, an orc-centric flying mount designed for DRAENOR. Being able to ride it is Vanilla-MoP is irrelevant as it is tied to DRAENOR and should be ride-able in DRAENOR. (Emphasised the expansion I was referring to since you people seem to love to fall back on the 'you can fly it in Stormwind herp derp' bullshit).
    No, what makes you myopic is the inability to see all of the flaws in WoW's current design and only able to see how WoW in its current state benefits you personally.
    You're the one stuck in an RP frame of mind. Those mounts are designed for anywhere where flight is allowed. But if you purchased those with the express intent of using them in WoD before Blizzard went public about their issue with flight then I think that is unfair and you should be allowed a full refund.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh really, you measured that how, Mr. Empiricist?

I
    I understand so far all you have brought me is opinion, hearsay, conjecture, and hyperbole wrapped up in a cute little anecdotal package and have failed to deliver any solid facts about 1) it is being removed for good and 2) bringing those facts directly from BattleNet.
    I never stated it being removed for good so don't strawman me boy.

Secondly, we don't have facts directly from battle.net. Fansites are the best we have (and historically have been a fair representation). You can keep sticking your head in the sand, though.

@Callace, because your benefits to flying are entirely subjective. That's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're the one stuck in an RP frame of mind. Those mounts are designed for anywhere where flight is allowed. But if you purchased those with the express intent of using them in WoD before Blizzard going public about their issue with flight then I think that is unfair and you should be allowed a full refund.
    Agreed. And, I should also be allowed to change my 90 Druid to a 90 Paladin since my Swift Flight form, a part of my very class, will be completely fucking useless in the new zones in Draenor (not the current stuff people keep using as flying examples).

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Oh really, you measured that how, Mr. Empiricist?
    I think they quite clearly have pro's and con's.
    Biggest pro: fastest travel to your desired destination.
    Biggest con: less interaction with the world and other players.

its value all depends on how you personally weight things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salty goat View Post
    Oh no, no flying until first patch.
    Stopped reading there. Read the title of the thread and continue thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never stated it being removed for good so don't strawman me boy.

Secondly, we don't have facts directly from battle.net. Fansites are the best we have (and historically have been a fair representation). You can keep sticking your head in the sand, though.

@Callace, because your benefits to flying are entirely subjective. That's why.
    Don't call me boy, racist. Leave your racist slang terms at the door. This entire argument is about NO FLYING AFTER 6.1, not before it. I don't give a fuck about anything before 6.1. But, if 6.1 comes, and flight is NOT unlocked as promised by the official source in my signature, THEN myself, and others who share my view will walk the fuck away from WoW and go find a game that CREATES features, not REMOVES them.

Thank you for understanding and helping explain it to the more "difficult" folks.
    This thread would be about 100 pages less if it wasn't for your hundreds of comments thanking people for being on your side.

Agreed. And, I should also be allowed to change my 90 Druid to a 90 Paladin since my Swift Flight form, a part of my very class, will be completely fucking useless in the new zones in Draenor (not the current stuff people keep using as flying examples).
    Except your swift flight form will not LOSE anything in the next expansion, the NEWLY ADDED zone won't allow you to fly. All current zones will. Nothing is being taken away so you have no grounds for demanding a refund.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    makes you wonder doesn't it, what if blizzard did the same thing in draenor they did in vanilla wow, ran out of time to make the zones of draenor 100% decent, so used flat and undeveloped textures you couldn't see without farsight or bugging.

they won't what us to see the laziness.
    And this is a perfect example why I believe that most people don't deserve the right to speak their mind freely, because whatever comes out of their gob is retarded and deserves a backhanded pimpslap around the head.

Every fucking game developer does this. Because it is unnecessary to develop models or textures for places your players will never see. It is development time and resources that are better spend somewhere else to improve the actual quality of the experience, not lazy development.

Reading these kinds of posts makes me sad and lose hope for humanity. "They don't want us to see the laziness", you bloody doorknob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankbound View Post
    its value all depends on how you personally weight things.
    Absolutely, but that's not what he was saying though. By 'objective', he means 'factual'. I don't agree with that at all.

is it still an instant cast with the 100% increased ground speed? I can see uses. Granted they're limited when compared to their current state.