Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

new and old model comparation (hunch issued)

From followin pic you can clearly see small ,but then again huge difference between old and new orc model:

http://s28.postimg.org/ja47tsn19/400800.jpg

Last edited by mmoceabf8f97a6; 2014-04-20 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The image on the left is taken from a more top down angle, so shit doesn't look as it should.

Might still be shite, but skewed angle means there's very little to compare.

Deleted
    difference is to huge ,and angle difference isnt really that huge

But is this a problem? good or bad thing?

no the angle is a pretty significant change in how it looks
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

There does seem to be at least slightly more hunch in the new model and after the mass QQ wanting it removed entirely it is a little bit strange. Although if you wanted to make a real comparison why not just load the same orc into the model viewer as new orc male then old orc male so there isn't such a difference in the angle so you can more accurately present this

The art team felt that it was more in-line with their vision of the orc race if their heads were centered on their chest.

This is working as intended.

Deleted
    Arms appear longer cuz the old model has its fists almost fully clenched. Now they've loosened the fingers a bit and as each of them had been redefined and fleshed out the hands have become notably larger than before.
    Last edited by mmoc26966749d9; 2014-04-20 at 11:26 PM.

The new model moves around alot more than the old one. You've taken the screenshot at the lowest point of the animation. He also rises up slightly, back in line with the position of the old model.

The cause of the difference is that he has a shorter neck and rounder head, which compounds the effect. The hunch hasn't actually changed.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2014-04-20 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    The art team felt that it was more in-line with their vision of the orc race if their heads were centered on their chest.

This is working as intended.
    the art team needs an iron boot up there arse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    He also has a shorter neck and rounder head, which compounds the illusion.
    they've also given there only full head of hair a receding hairline with this new head.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Yea it has shorter neck and because of it ,amongst other reasons ,head is positioned much lower than the original ...

- - - Updated - - -

difference is obvious .

and the fact that head is more rounder doesnt change anything ,height of heads is same.

+ it seems that bodies of models arent moving around at all(thess pics were taken by WoWhead) ,it looks like they are in same position.
    Last edited by mmoceabf8f97a6; 2014-04-20 at 11:49 PM.

Also, just pointing out; their hands are way larger, whilst their legs are way smaller. It further emphasizes the hunch, giving Orcs more "ape-like" proportions.

I seriously hope Blizzard changes their mind on this, because while the new models don't look *awful* or anything, I think they would be much more imposing with less of a hunch. That's not to say they should throw their shoulders back and push their chest out, as Thrall does, because Thrall is the exception, not the rule. However, they should stand more upright all the same.

Here is a screenshot from his normal animation, when he raises his head and chest:

Quote Originally Posted by alek13alek View Post
    and the fact that head is more rounder doesnt change anything ,height of heads is same.
    It gives the illusion of him being more 'stumpy' and stooped, when actually he isn't. The only thing that has changed from the old model is the shape of his head and the movement of the body, nothing else.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2014-04-20 at 11:51 PM.

Also, you can see there's almost zero slant in the shoulders in the new model, further emphasizing their hunch. It just looks kind of silly, to me, and I think Orcs are one of the few races that should be striving to be completely serious, not as overtly "cartoony" as Gnomes.

Deleted
    I look at the new model and think to myself how great it'd look if not for the ugly broken back.

Deleted
    yes and pay attention on the beard (look at the position of beard of old model)...its not coincidence that a lot of people are complaining on the same thing...hunch is bigger than it was before
    Last edited by mmoceabf8f97a6; 2014-04-20 at 11:59 PM.

They kept them the same as the old models, just touched up some details, so that they wouldn't have to do much work. It's no surprise that they kept the hunch. Anything about any other race you don't like in regards to their shape, stance/posture will be the same. Trolls will not look anywhere as good as the ones in isle of Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by alek13alek View Post
    yes and pay attention on the beard (look at the position of beard of old model)...its not coincidence that a lot of people are complaining on the same thing...hunch is bigger than it was before
    It's not. It's just an optical illusion and confirmation bias.

Deleted

How can this be optical illusion ?

We have enough threads about the new race models.
    The change is minor, you barely see your characters through armor, alpha is alpha etc. There's enough discussion about this.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.