Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I agree with your post, besides this tiny nitpick. Mastery was introduced in cataclysm and arcane definitely did NOT have a high skill cap there. That spec was truly faceroll.
    the spec was only faceroll up to about 80-85% of the damage you could do. exactly what i was talking about, lol. just ask any arcane mage who played at a high level back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I agree with your post, besides this tiny nitpick. Mastery was introduced in cataclysm and arcane definitely did NOT have a high skill cap there. That spec was truly faceroll.
    You are quite wrong. Cata arcane was WAY, WAAAY harder than MoP arcane. Mostly due to the fact that intellect procs affected your max mana which often resulted in DPS losses by not-absolute-best players (people would often see their current mana dip to 70% when lots of stuff procced, then try to go to 90%, only to lose a lot of mana when the procs ended and you had mana spilling over 100% which is a huge, HUGE DPS loss that's miles ahead of any possible energy/focus overcapping)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    the spec was only faceroll up to about 80-85% of the damage you could do. exactly what i was talking about, lol. just ask any arcane mage who played at a high level back then.
    I played arcane back then myself. I know how "difficult" it was. The more gear and therefore mana you got the less you used arcane missiles and the longer your burst (arcane blast spam) lasted. As soon as anyone got the trinket "shard of woe" or gear after it there was only a minuscule amount of skill left in playing arcane. Your burst lasted 80% of the fight and did nearly all of your damage. The last 5% of your dps required you to stare at your mana bar, notice clearcasting procs and hold track of your cooldowns (which every other class does as well). Arcane was not difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    You are quite wrong. Cata arcane was WAY, WAAAY harder than MoP arcane. Mostly due to the fact that intellect procs affected your max mana which often resulted in DPS losses by not-absolute-best players (people would often see their current mana dip to 70% when lots of stuff procced, then try to go to 90%, only to lose a lot of mana when the procs ended and you had mana spilling over 100% which is a huge, HUGE DPS loss that's miles ahead of any possible energy/focus overcapping)
    To gain that much mana in one trinket proc you would have to do 1 stack arcane blasts for 20 seconds. If you want to do maximum damage I'm assuming that you aren't a complete idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    like i said, it didn't seem difficult to people who thought they were managing their mana well.

and it falls back into the whole, not judging a spec unless you've really figured it out for yourself.

Deleted
    destro lock is the easiest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    like i said, it didn't seem difficult to people who thought they were managing their mana well.

and it falls back into the whole, not judging a spec unless you've really figured it out for yourself.
    Then you tell me what was difficult about the mana management, seeing as I have no idea. When not bursting you stay between 95 and 100% mana without ever capping. Use an additional arcane blast if you get a clearcasting proc. Only non-brainless thing I can imagine is what @LaplaceNoMa said, but all classes adjust to trinket procs in some way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ispy View Post
    destro lock is the easiest
    On single target maybe, but on aoe it's one of the hardest, it's too easy to run out of embers all the time even with Rain of Fire up, so Fire and Brimstone keeps shutting itself off and your dps plummets.

Deleted
    Vote for Ele shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    were you even tracking/gaming mage armor ticks? it's about room for improvement. and trust me, nobody was performing as well as they could have been on a consistent basis. the spec was entertaining to say the least, certainly not brainless or faceroll as you'd like to believe.

Elemental Shaman, Frost DK, Assassination Rogue, Frost Mage would have my votes. That said, Destruction Warlocks aren't much harder.

Wait, I play an Elemental Shaman.

[Insert Generic Easy To Play, Hard To Master Comment]

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Probably rogue, 80% of your damage is automated.

You can even play at 500ms and still perform at 95% effectiveness, no other class can do that.
    While this almost matches assassination, I'd like to point out that this isn't the case with combat or subtlety.

Assassination rogue has my vote. It's relatively simple and I have hard time thinking any other class that would have it easier.

It's gotta be Frost Mage I would think. Just not much going on there.

The three I played most this expansion turned out to be some of the most "faceroll" specs in the game (hate the term though). Wasn't originally my plan, but it made for an oddly relaxing expansion.

- Elemental
    - Assassination
    - Destruction

Of the three, I would say that Assassination is probably the easiest. Not by any huge margin or anything, but by a small amount. There's just less to keep track of with it. It really boils down to 1 proc and maintaining Rupture. Then 2 cooldowns (3 if you want to include Vanish).

Destruction is pretty damn simple too, with the only real added complexity being the demon you need to keep track of (assuming it wasn't Sac'd). Other than that, all you really need to keep an eye on is your Burning Embers.

Elemental is dirt simple too though. The only added complexities it has are having more cooldowns, and two procs to keep an eye on. And I guess making sure to reapply your dot and drop your totem. What really makes Ele easy though is how much time you have to do everything. Nothing is rushed. You just go through your flow, and leisurely tap the right button. Very little reaction needed.

When we start talking complex ones though, I do think that Enhancement needs to be added to that list. The rotation has quite a few abilities to run through, and it seems to have an endless list of cooldowns to use.