Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fyl View Post
    out of arguments already?

looking forward to ashran-pvp and the interview just increased my excitement.

Deleted
    I didn't get to experience the old Alterac Valley but the Ashran description that they gave at WoW Source seems to be the same that they gave at Blizzacon so if A=B and B=C then A=C or in other words it is still what they promised at Blizzcon.

I don't usually do a lot of PvP, what I used to do the most was Wintergrasp in WotLK and I'm excited to know how an old Alterac Valley felt like. And if it turns out to be completely diferent I might enjoy it nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    exactly this, i am so hyped for ashran.

i am sure some of you guys remember how ivus / lok'holar material gatherings were actually fun.
    Oh god, I remember how tense it was trying to summon one while the other side's working on summoning theirs too. Very tense trying to summon and hearing others yell and scream about how close the other side is getting and to hurry up and kill their lead druid.

Deleted
    Hope they add Shredders loved old old AV
    http://imgur.com/n4cCHFv

The only thing I didn't like about Timeless Isle was the "Censer of Eternal Agony"-gankers. If it's PVP timeless isle with alliance vs horde only, it sounds like a place I might spend some time.
    Mother pus bucket!

You dont have to explain what old av whas, I know. Its not going to work if its just an open zone.
    Simple DONT PLAY IT noone forces you to do something that you dont like , ashran is what old av was "timeless" and with objectives , you people think that you just go in av and kill drek back then? nope you even had a damn quest to get the flag from the harpy cavern to aquire the AV upgradable trinket and ofc the sweet sweet polearm quest reward and lets not talk about the tokens for the armor buff :3 so yeah ashran is exactly that and for people that say its not what they promise (acting like a 5 years old on xmas much ) just dont play it .

It's funny reading some of the angry comments here. As said previously old AV had a lot of quests to be done and random gathering such as gathering blood off dead players to summon the ice lord or the stupid giant tree, you could also kill goats/wolfs and wrangle them to summon the wolf riders / goat dudes into the battle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    You obviously never played old AV. /facepalm
    I know what old AV is, so you dont have to give a dumb comment. You obviously didnt read the whole post othewise you would have seen my point /facepalm

If its an open zone where everyone can just walk in and out, you never get an "old AV"

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    exactly this, i am so hyped for ashran.

i am sure some of you guys remember how shredder and ivus / lok'holar material gatherings were actually fun.

to the newer players: do NOT complain, you will like it.
    To be honest i dont remember the shredders but i do remember the damn wyverns that i couldnt kill (warrior ftw) and they were killing you from a far :/ also DONT LEWT THE WOLFS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    out of arguments already?

looking forward to ashran-pvp and the interview just increased my excitement.
    Nope, I still have a lot, happy now?

Deleted
    Sounds like old AV to me. *Shrugs* Don't see what you complain about.

Then present them instead of just yelling and be angry?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Oh god, I remember how tense it was trying to summon one while the other side's working on summoning theirs too. Very tense trying to summon and hearing others yell and scream about how close the other side is getting and to hurry up and kill their lead druid.
    this is exactly why I loved old AV there was much more to do than cap towers and kill the boss since the change I haven't really pvp'd at all and this sounds like it could get my interest bsck

It's exactly what they promised, but they won't deliver what they're promising, if you catch my drift... It'll be a dead zone within a couple of months, even with CRZ.

I haven't really played in Vanilla WoW so i don't know what old AV was like.But from what i understood Ashran is like:
    -old AV bg with missions and a constant fight between horde and alliance pushing eachothers keeps
    -no limit in players(which i guess this is one of the reasons it isn't an instanced bg)
    -rares,quests and most likely achieves on the isle (to satisfy the pve players)
    -a zone in which a battle can last for days ( like AV).

So tell me how can a login screen upon entering a zone make you feel its not like an old bg (AV)?
    U basically get a bg like the old AV with no limit to players and no login screen.

Oh yeah and making it an instanced bg is silly and want to know why?
    Since the bg lasts for days the want you to enter the zone,help your faction gain some resources to push the enemy base and leave it if you want or have something else to do.Later on you can join that same zone battle and farm some rares or obtain additional resources for your team.
    If it were an instanced zone u never knew you joined the same battle as you were previously.Think of it as a SINGLE pvp event on the entire realm that lasts for days (instead of frequent Baradin Hold or Wintergrasp battles).
    Last edited by Rhelyo; 2014-04-23 at 10:34 AM.

Deleted
    WTF! They promised a huge sandbox pvp battelground that can go on for days like the old AV, but instead its going to be just a zone with some pvp quests and objectives. Nobody is going for coordinated pvp and objectives, its going to be a group ganking single players, and afk people standing at their own base, like another timeless isle. Unless this isnt a real bg where you have to queue up like the others, this isnt going to work out.
    accualy is exactly what they said it is, regards uncel dolan

Sounds me like it will be exactly what they stated it would be, from what we have heard so far.

Personally I haven't done PvP seriously since TBC, and this is the first time I feel kind of stoked to try it again. Wintergrasp was fun as well but only if you were lucky enough to be online and not have something more important to do when there was a battle going. And faction imbalance was an issue sometimes. Seems like they'll be keeping an eye on that with Ashran.

If its an open zone where everyone can just walk in and out, you never get an "old AV"
    So you want it instanced like AV was then and is now? Well it is, just not in the normal sense that you go through a portal or via the RBG interface. You fly there and it will put you in "seamlessly". No loading screen, but it's instanced.

Deleted
    So essentially it is a sandbox without the sand and pretty much the same experience as old content. Glad to see Blizzard are really pushing the boat out for PvP this expansion.

PS. It won't be like the original AV, as that had objectives and a win condition. It seems more like Tol Barad without the battle part. /cry

Weird, you're not putting any forward though. Your train of thought thus far has literally been: "OMFG READ THE FIRST POST NOOB LOL YOUR OPINION IS INVALID COS IT DOESNT MATCH MINE".

I know what old AV is, so you dont have to give a dumb comment. You obviously didnt read the whole post othewise you would have seen my point /facepalm

The only difference would be that you don't have to queue for it. People went to Alterac Mountains to queue in AV and got instantly in and then spent there as much time as they wanted and left the BG when they wanted. So what is exactly your point?