Deleted

Storm, Earth, and Fire

Storm, Earth, and Fire
    10 Energy 40 yd range
    Instant
    Requires Monk (Windwalker)
    Requires level 75
    The Monk splits, summoning an elemental spirit to attack the target. The Monk can split into up to 2 elemental spirits at a time.
    The spirits will attack their targets and mirror your damaging abilities. However, for each elemental spirit summoned the Monk's own damage will be reduced.
    1 Spirit Summoned - Monk and spirit deal 70% of the Monk's normal damage.
    2 Spirits Summoned - Monk and spirits deal 55% of the Monk's normal damage.
    The elemental spirits will last until the Monk cancels the effect or their target dies or is otherwise unavailable.
    I want to discuss this on this forum section for several reasons, one being that I want to hear how other classes deal with them. I did search for SEF and only found threads discussing its use in pve, so here goes:

How do I use SEF in 2vs2 and pvp in general?
    And how do you non-ww's feel about facing a ww with a clone out?

When playing with my healer friend it rarely feels like an advantage because of the obvious reasons with the 30% dmg cut. And it's hard for me to know when you will have those long matches where total dmg will bring you the win.

Lets say I face a rdruid and a rogue, perfect for SEF, should I put the clone on the rogue and go after the druid?
    And should I try to have it out all the time (hm) or only when I hit my cd's?
    And would you, rogue or druid, try to kill it asap or cc the clone?
    Can you tell them apart? =)

SEF gives huge pressure in 2's but that only works in the lower ratings since anyone with brains will kill the clone easily even if you keep re-applying it.
    Other than using it as a pressure you can switch targets that are in distance,f.ex. peaking from pillar if you get the clone out and after it jumps use transcendence.
    If you face rogue and rdruid you should place the clone to the druid since rogue will get rid of it instantly where as bad healers may hesitate to use damage abilities to get rid of it or at least it takes a bit longer than for the dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Inay View Post
    Other than using it as a pressure you can switch targets that are in distance,f.ex. peaking from pillar if you get the clone out and after it jumps use transcendence.
    Didn't they break that a while back? Assuming you mean porting to your clone.

Deleted
    Sweet, thank you Inay. I will try the transcendence clone thing again, I have tried it before but gave up on it, seem like a clutch move. And lower rating tips are... hrm... welcomed. =)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    I've read about it but never got it to work so this would explain that.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Yeah meant that. I have been MW for a while so I don't know if it doesn't work anymore. Can't check it out since realms are down atm but you could easily test it with dummy.
    Anyway I could elaborate about using it as pressure. It can get also kited so you would optimally want to make cancelaura macro to get rid of it if it can't connect so you don't waste damage or if you somehow use it on wrong target. Also mouse over macro is handy so you don't have to switch from your target to apply it.
    In bg's you can use SEF to help prevent node caps and if you want to keep escaping stealther in combat.

Deleted
    They fixed transcendence clone since it was a "bug", too bad, seemed fun.

Playing my monk it feels like up time is one of the most important factors for deciding who I will target. Chasing a hunter with a hpriest dominating me makes me totally worthless. Having a clone on the hunter and target the hpriest could actually be one of those times SEF will shine. Most hunters probably just kill the clone in two globals but it is a distraction they have to deal with. Also there will be those wonderful times when the clone 'accidentally' get stuck in a trap.

And as mentioned, rdruids will probably just root them, but they need time to do this and the distraction alone can be worth the spread damage.
    (why can't they extend the time you get to write a response so you don't get logged out and manage to lose everything you just written!? It is frustrating as hell and makes you wanna switch boards)

SEF gives huge pressure in 2's but that only works in the lower ratings since anyone with brains will kill the clone easily even if you keep re-applying it.
    Am I missing something here? My understanding is the ability costs only 10 energy and and a gcd, with no cooldown or other limitations. Unless they die to an autoattack, it takes more resources for an opponent to kill a spirit than for you to summon one. Not to whine about them or anything, but I'm curious how they seem weak from a monk's perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you face rogue and rdruid you should place the clone to the druid since rogue will get rid of it instantly where as bad healers may hesitate to use damage abilities to get rid of it or at least it takes a bit longer than for the dps.
    Also when you keep re-applying SeF, it reduces your pressure a lot.

You also can't teleport to your SeF clone anymore.

The only practical use of SeF nowadays is to keep someone from restealthing for a bit. Use SeF on a rogue when he's running behind a pillar and run towards him. This will buy you some time to get to the rogue before he gets a re. Besides that it's nice to keep someone in combat as well as some free damage when you can't get to someone.

For example: Fighting a mage in 2v2. You get rooted, don't have Tiger's Lust. What do you do? You throw a SeF clone at the mage. The clones auto attacks will still do roughly 5k-10k DPS as well as reducing any absorbs that are on the mage. Throw in a CJL for some Chi and you'll be ready to go again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nerdjames View Post
    Am I missing something here? My understanding is the ability costs only 10 energy and and a gcd, with no cooldown or other limitations. Unless they die to an autoattack, it takes more resources for an opponent to kill a spirit than for you to summon one. Not to whine about them or anything, but I'm curious how they seem weak from a monk's perspective.
    They have about 60k-70k HP. If you do decide to re-apply them everytime the enemy kills them, your own pressure will diminish greatly due to the travel time. BESIDES that, the clones get kited extremely easily as many players simply move faster than them. Thus diminishing your pressure even more because you're only doing 70% of your original damage.

Deleted
    Personally use them for applying the RSK debuff before switching target and using it on players trying to re stealth/drink to keep them in combat. Didn't ever think to use them for cleaving, might be something worth trying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jespar View Post
    Personally use them for applying the RSK debuff before switching target and using it on players trying to re stealth/drink to keep them in combat. Didn't ever think to use them for cleaving, might be something worth trying
    Damn, I actually forgot about the RSK debuff. Does the debuff also work for the monk itself, or only for the images though? Haha, I literally didn't even think of this at all.. ._.

Personally, i'd much rather damage is all on one target instead of spread out. That's the whole reason for focusing 1 target when you're playing 3s (unless you're playing a comp specifically designed for AoE pressure). Otherwise you'll never force defensive CDs and never be able to go for a kill (unless you're aiming to go into dampening, and even then it's better to focus damage into one person).

I've never used Storm, Earth and Fire outside of trying to keep a healer in combat when he's obviously trying to set up a res or drink. I don't think it's ever worth it to use it for damage.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2014-04-28 at 02:05 AM.

Deleted
    Works for the monk as well as the images