Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Rapid Fire removal?

Been thinking about this for a while..

The changes to hunters look quite nice, less buttons but no huge overhaul in the overall playstyle. However, Rapid Fire is removed and Stampede is now speccable..

Are hunters going to be like warlocks where you just always mash out tons of damage even without CDs or is there coming something new to replace Rapid Fire? I kinda like RF.. But now when it's gone it feels like hunters are going to have quite a lot of time where we just spam Steady/Cobra to get focus or is MM with the new Aimed Shot changes going to be how we put up big numbers?

I'm all for changes for hunters, we need it. But I feel naked now..

Deleted
    Well so far they have just removed nearly all our CD's and removed a spell from each spec. Apparently this adds spec diversity. Lets just say I'm hoping for more, it's only alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbak View Post
    Are hunters going to be like warlocks where you just always mash out tons of damage even without CDs
    warlocks got trinkets

They want to remove button bloat for hunters so they remove a cooldown that's off the gcd. Riiiiiiight....

To be fair. Rapid Fire is a very boring cooldown that does not add any new element of gameplay, so I am quite happy that they are removing it together with most other cooldowns in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    To be fair. Rapid Fire is a very boring cooldown that does not add any new element of gameplay, so I am quite happy that they are removing it together with most other cooldowns in the game.
    Fair enough but that means no CDs at all, how are we gonna do selected bursting in PvE?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    since I can't remember a time hunters didn't do very good damage
    Go back to your priest section.

I'd take spriest multidotting capabilities and utility over our -slightly- higher single target damage and lack of all utility whatsoever. Don't forget we've had AotH hotfix buffs literally like 8 patches in a row. I'd say our damage has never been appropriate for how much else we bring to the table.

Unless you're talking about pvp, then sure, hunters were decent this expansion. But there have been plenty of seasons hunters sucked in too.

On topic,

We need a non-talented CD for MM, and maybe for SV. (I'd settle for SV getting bola shot in place of arcane shot, and no cooldown BA.)

MM could use rapid fire back as MM only, it'd give the spec something to make readiness a stat that's at least better than not having a stat at all.
    Or possibly something more interesting, that might not affect throughput as much, but would be cool.
    Like;
    All shots pierce the target and keep travelling 20 yrds hitting all targets, lasts 20 seconds.

You shots bounce off the primary target, hitting a secondary target for 75% damage, lasts 20 seconds. (or costs an extra 30% focus per shot, like blade flurry)

Increases your critical strike damage by 100% for 8 seconds. Only increases it by 30% against players.

Or give us Vengeance from DH in D3. Oh god it'd be amazing.
    Last edited by Keltas; 2014-04-23 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbak View Post
    Fair enough but that means no CDs at all, how are we gonna do selected bursting in PvE?
    Play Beast Mastery?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by royen View Post
    Play Beast Mastery?
    So all those changes to make all specs more fun just so you could say "Play Beast Mastery?", I find that you have no idea about anything

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Go back to your priest section.

I'd take spriest multidotting capabilities and utility over our -slightly- higher single target damage and lack of all utility whatsoever. Don't forget we've had AotH hotfix buffs literally like 8 patches in a row. I'd say our damage has never been appropriate for how much else we bring to the table.

Unless you're talking about pvp, then sure, hunters were decent this expansion. But there have been plenty of seasons hunters sucked in too.

On topic,

We need a non-talented CD for MM, and maybe for SV. (I'd settle for SV getting bola shot in place of arcane shot, and no cooldown BA.)

MM could use rapid fire back as MM only, it'd give the spec something to make readiness a stat that's at least better than not having a stat at all.
    Or possibly something more interesting, that might not affect throughput as much, but would be cool.
    Like;
    All shots pierce the target and keep travelling 20 yrds hitting all targets, lasts 20 seconds.

You shots bounce off the primary target, hitting a secondary target for 75% damage, lasts 20 seconds. (or costs an extra 30% focus per shot, like blade flurry)

Increases your critical strike damage by 100% for 8 seconds. Only increases it by 30% against players.

Or give us Vengeance from DH in D3. Oh god it'd be amazing.
    With snapshotting going away, multi dotting is gonna lose, much of its color. Sure, u will have to keep up the dots on multiple targets, but the vicious bite of the dots backed by trink proces will be going away.

Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    With snapshotting going away, multi dotting is gonna lose, much of its color. Sure, u will have to keep up the dots on multiple targets, but the vicious bite of the dots backed by trink proces will be going away.
    DoTs still do a lot of damage, and will be tuned without snapshotting in mind, thus multidotting will be just as, if not better, than it is currently.

Plus, a lot of DoTs proc other effects, thus making them significantly better. (having 3-4 black arrows up and just spamming LnL procs would be awesome.)

10+ Year Old Account
    The cooldown was pretty bland and terrible for all specs except mm. Happy to see it go but sad they didn't replace it I guess. Still going to have stampede/crows for a cd now but it's not much, unless your bm

Yeah RF didn't change anything for any spec apart from MM. There needs to be a cd for every spec that actually forces you to change your rotation.

If survival is going to be the multidotting spec, I would like to see some cd to back that up. Like a cd making your dots tick every 1 second instead of every 3 or 2 or whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Actually I liked Rapid Fire, and it is defenetly noticeable on activate. You feel the faster castspeed and its higher focus generation (as MM)
    it's not like activating a +20% damage increase and that's it.

It won't be a huge loss as SV as it wasn't a huge dmg boost. But I do have the feeling we will often have to use Stampede as a talent, there's nearly always some form of burstphase. (although less than there used to be, and thankfully not as Deathwing-back-y)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think hunters are becoming more or less a class that uses pets as their CDs. Besides, Rapid Fire didn't really add anything to the gameplay I feel. Even for MM, it restoring focus over time was pretty meh.

Deleted
    The only specc i feel sorry for losing Rapid Fire is MM.
    Tbh i don't mind losing every cd as long as they balance our dps accordingly.
    Personally i don't hold a grudge towards Rapid fire removal because it was a boring and not fun CD and extremely Overrated in this tier.

They removed a lot of the idiot mode cooldowns from everyone. This is just the one we lost. That's all there really is to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    All dots will scale dynamically in WOD and they will also be tuned properly to deal the proper dmg.
    For instance the new change is a huge nerf for affliction warlocks since they were able to soul swap and keep their dots with trinket proccs foverer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    They removed a lot of the idiot mode cooldowns from everyone. This is just the one we lost. That's all there really is to it.
    We also lost stampede not completely but it's a talent now in the same tier as AMOC so you can't have both anymore.
    It will come down to the needs of the fight more sustained or more burst.

I see quite a few saying losing RF is fine because it didn't really change gameplay that much and I have to ask...which of our CDs actually changes our gameplay at all? RF at least had a noticeable effect on your cast time and Focus regen. Stampede and Crows are basically just DoTs with cool visual effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I see quite a few saying losing RF is fine because it didn't really change gameplay that much and I have to ask...which of our CDs actually changes our gameplay at all? RF at least had a noticeable effect on your cast time and Focus regen. Stampede and Crows are basically just DoTs with cool visual effects.
    I agree. Stampede especially is probably the most mindless button we have but it gets to stay as a talent because it.....has more visual flair attached to it?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice