Quote Originally Posted by Winkleslob View Post
    The flying gameplay in WoW is exactly like noclip
    Well shit, tell those people who look for wall clipping exploits how much time they have wasted because they can just get on a flying mount and fly through the walls because flying is EXACTLY like noclip, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Lol you're the only one who has a problem with this. Report me, then.
    I also have quite a problem with people who go off-topic in forum threads. This problem is amplified by your pathetic justification for it.

You are in a thread titled "Possibly no flying throughout entire xpac". People are talking about whether or not flying is being removed and whether or not they support this. Then you come and start saying that the thread is now about just "limiting" flying and getting mad at people for assuming that you were talking about the real thread topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    You're not really going to give him a reason to repost his reasons if you're going to keep insulting him. And you could just, you know, read his posts again instead of posting in such a hostile and confrontational manner. It's really not helping anyone at this point.
    Yeah, no. I asked him many times to save me the time. A simple post would have sufficed. I have repeatedly re-posted my reasons for keeping flight, yet to ask anyone else is completely uncalled for.

I wasn't intentionally being rude... His posts are hard to read. I guess I cannot be honest without someone being offended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    I also have quite a problem with people who go off-topic in forum threads. This problem is amplified by your pathetic justification for it.

You are in a thread titled "Possibly no flying throughout entire xpac". People are talking about whether or not flying is being removed and whether or not they support this. Then you come and start saying that the thread is now about just "limiting" flying and getting mad at people for assuming that you were talking about the real thread topic.
    Lol it certainly didn't happen like that. Initially we were talking about the title topic, but it just kind of organically turned into a discussion about alternatives to Blizzard's solution of "no flying in current content." I certainly didn't impose it on anyone.

But honestly, if you think there's anything left to say on the matter of the title topic you're mistaken. In 300+ pages, it's been well-covered. As such, I don't see what the harm is in changing gears.

The thing is, why does helicoptering make world content seem trivial? Is it because you can drop down anywhere, or is it because the mobs you drop down to kill are pretty trivial by themselves? If it's the first, you could make a no fly zone around say, the enemy village you have to go to for a quest, so if you just wanna fly over zone A because your content is all the way across the continent in Zone D, you can do that, but if you want to go do that quest, you'd have to dismount and then not fly again til you finish your quest and leave the area, at which point you could go fly and turn it in. If it's the second, then they just need to make the mobs more interesting and/or powerful. Most mobs in vanilla would not have been trivialized had flying been available because no matter where you pulled from, several difficult mobs were linked together so there was no choice but to fight all at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, no. I asked him many times to save me the time. A simple post would have sufficed. I have repeatedly re-posted my reasons for keeping flight, yet to ask anyone else is completely uncalled for.

I wasn't intentionally being rude... His posts are hard to read. I guess I cannot be honest without someone being offended.
    In all fairness, and honesty, you have been on the defensive for a few pages, and there has been a lot of passive aggressive behavior. I recognize it, because I've used it myself. Nothing against you personally, but now this sounds less like an explanation and more like martyring. I am a huge proponent of flying. I don't want it modified, or removed. BUT, in the interest of calm discussion, I am willing to view the story from the other side and even offer up examples of balancing flying mounts, rather than blanketly removing them. Not because I want them nerfed, but because I DON'T want them taken away fully. The easiest way to prove it is to find a calm resolution that benefits everyone.

Everyone in this thread is on edge, not just you. So do not take this personally. But if you want to be heard, you have to do your own fair share of listening

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    In all fairness, and honesty, you have been on the defensive for a few pages, and there has been a lot of passive aggressive behavior. I recognize it, because I've used it myself. Nothing against you personally, but now this sounds less like an explanation and more like martyring. I am a huge proponent of flying. I don't want it modified, or removed. BUT, in the interest of calm discussion, I am willing to view the story from the other side and even offer up examples of balancing flying mounts, rather than blanketly removing them. Not because I want them nerfed, but because I DON'T want them taken away fully. The easiest way to prove it is to find a calm resolution that benefits everyone.

Everyone in this thread is on edge, not just you. So do not take this personally. But if you want to be heard, you have to do your own fair share of listening
    You've sure turned around from a few days ago. I might actually pay more attention to this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of people really convinced it's great to have a Gaming corporation decide what is best for them and FUN, LOL!

Won't happen. To many people want it, and we know Blizz caters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You've sure turned around from a few days ago. I might actually pay more attention to this thread
    Well, truth be told, I've been trying to change my perspective. I understand everyone has an opinion, and none of our opinions will really change anything in the game. Even presenting ground-breaking ideas may not suffice. So, rather than getting worked up over a game still in Alpha, let alone live production, I too, will wait and see. I can only hope that in 6.1, there is a questline which lets me unlock flying. If not, I will need to move on.

No game should cause frustration. I will take a watch and wait stance, and hope for the best in 6.1. I want to experience the new content from the air, as a Storm Crow. But, should Blizz decide they would rather scrap flight, than balance it, it will likely be my time to go. I don't want to invest more time and money into a game that removes rather than repairs. I understand flight is overpowered in a great many aspects, but seeing it go is not something I want to play through. I'm sure 6.0 and 6.05 will be just fine though and give me a chance to play to 100 and experience Garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post

The way you read my posts might sound like I am angry, or whatever, to you, but I can assure you that I am not on edge or angry. I repeatedly asked someone to continue the conversation, but they kept wanting to go around in circles. How do you communicate with someone that isn't clear, and doesn't even want to continue a discussion?

I am in a thread discussing the topic not hoping to change the topic to something like happy alternatives for everyone. I am willing discuss that topic, but in another thread.

I do appreciate you trying to calm people, but I am not the one needing to be calmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    The way you read my posts might sound like I am angry, or whatever, to you, but I can assure you that I am not on edge or angry. I repeatedly asked someone to continue the conversation, but they kept wanting to go around in circles. How do you communicate with someone that isn't clear, and doesn't even want to continue a discussion?

I am in a thread discussing the topic not hoping to change the topic to something like happy alternatives for everyone. I am willing discuss that topic, but in another thread.

I do appreciate you trying to calm people, but I am not the one needing to be calmed.
    I communicated with this person just fine for 2 full pages. I'm not entirely sure why there is a disconnect, but if it is an issue, it may just be necessary to agree to disagree, and carry on the discussion with other posters. The fewer back and forth battles we have, the more earnest discussion seems to appear.

Flying was a giant money sink. Flying on azeroth diluted the game if you want my opinion.

Good riddance. Hopefully they will add battle chests not just in random dungeons now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilos View Post
    Flying was a giant money sink. Flying on azeroth diluted the game if you want my opinion.

Good riddance. Hopefully they will add battle chests not just in random dungeons now.
    They've said the whole of Draenor is gonna be a bit like the Timeless Isle with random loots / rares / events / etc. So, you got your wish already.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilos View Post
    MoP had lore objects, BOA loot, and high value vendor loot scattered across the continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretendingq View Post
    Won't happen. To many people want it, and we know Blizz caters.
    No doubt about that. The cash shop would suffer and blizzard is doing all they can to expand that. Hell, they just hired new people to expand it.

However, no flying at max level and limiting it to how blizzard is doing it creates an expansion that I cant support with $50 plus a sub fee. The best way to show that is to not support blizzard. Not purchase their game and tell them so on their forums and other well read places like here.

There have been better reasons to leave in flying and work with it through better content design in this thread than anything we have heard from blizzard but it seems blizzard just doesn't want to put in that effort.

Thats why were getting an expansion that seems to be going backwards in design VS forwards. An entire expansion based on nostalgia and thats not a good thing.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-04-24 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    MoP had lore objects, BOA loot, and high value vendor loot scattered across the continent.
    I have a feeling it will have quite a bit of stuff like the red flying cloud mount as well: http://wowhead.com/item=89363 it would have been quite an ordeal to get without flying but is trivial with it.

Quote Originally Posted by yeryerdude View Post
    I have a feeling it will have quite a bit of stuff like the red flying cloud mount as well: http://wowhead.com/item=89363 it would have been quite an ordeal to get without flying but is trivial with it.
    I'd argue that looking up the locations makes stuff like that more trivial than being able to fly around.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    No doubt about that. The cash shop would suffer and blizzard is doing all they can to expand that. Hell, they just hired new people to expand it.

However, no flying at max level and limiting it to how blizzard is doing it creates an expansion that I cant support with $50 plus a sub fee. The best way to show that is to not support blizzard. Not purchase their game and tell them so on their forums and other well read places like here.

There have been better reasons to leave in flying and work with it through better content design in this thread than anything we have heard from blizzard but it seems blizzard just doesn't want to put in that effort.

Thats why were getting an expansion that seems to be going backwards in design VS forwards. An entire expansion based on nostalgia and thats not a good thing.
    You can't support using a ground mount or taking fast flight paths because it might take another 1-2min in some situations? Yeah you'll be ok. Think your over exaggerating a little, lets dip back to reality and a sane train of thought. And i wouldn't count on Blizzard listening to fanatical posts like this with no constructive feedback to boot.

Flying breaks the game moving forward on future WoW endeavors. Why try to throw 5 band-aids on it when the best solution is it's removal. Flying isn't a need, it's a want..And we've had them for awhile now and the thought of losing it gives you withdrawals...Pretty sure you'll live.

A lot of changes being made in WoD is most defiantly a step forwards in design. A lot of going back to the foundations what made this game a success to begin with.
    Last edited by DarkArchon; 2014-04-24 at 03:17 AM.

Well, there you have it. Regression is progress. Black is white. We have always been at war with Eastasia.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    You can't support using a ground mount or taking fast flight paths because it might take another 1-2min in some situations? Yeah you'll be ok. Think your over exaggerating a little, lets dip back to reality and a sane train of thought. And i wouldn't count on Blizzard listening to fanatical posts like this with no constructive feedback to boot.

Flying breaks the game moving forward on future WoW endeavors. Why try to throw 5 band-aids on it when the best solution is it's removal. Flying isn't a need, it's a want..And we've had them for awhile now and the thought of losing it gives you withdrawals...Pretty sure you'll live.

A lot of changes being made in WoD is most defiantly a step forwards in design. A lot of going back to the foundations what made this game a success to begin with.
    A game in general is a want, not a need - therefore if the game isn't fun, I don't need to play it and I don't need to give Blizzard any money. No, I won't pay for a game experience that doesn't appeal to me. I have always found WoW very irritating without flight. I tolerated it for the time I played vanilla because I didn't know anything different. Now that I know how much better it can be for me, I won't deal with regression back to crappy design. Instead, I will just not play the game at all for as long as removing or severely restricting flying is Blizzard's design goal. I can live perfectly fine without WoW, I haven't played in three months and took a break of over a year in the past as well, so why spend any time or money if I think it looks like crap going forward?