Recent WoW Battlegrounds marginally weaker than previous?

Maybe I haven't spent enough time playing the MoP battleground, but I don't think they carry that well balanced flavor that Blizzard's previous battlgrounds.

I'm looking at you mine Battleground.

Maybe they need to focus more on open world PVP, like cataclysm's Tol Barad.

Eh, they were different/interesting. I mean hey, at least they weren't isle or strand. I agree they should try a little harder with world pvp though, something like ESO's world pvp would be pretty nice.

Mines and Temple are great and Deepwind is good. I rather enjoy them.
    Hi Sephurik

I think they're all pretty good but I hate playing them (alliance us)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilos View Post
    Maybe I haven't spent enough time playing the MoP battleground, but I don't think they carry that well balanced flavor that Blizzard's previous battlgrounds.

I'm looking at you mine Battleground.

Maybe they need to focus more on open world PVP, like cataclysm's Tol Barad.
    Silvershard mines sucks. I mean it really stucks. The best thing about MOP was the scenery
    and we get a bg in a mine and a rubbish tip.

There was nothing in this expansion for pvpers except Temple.

Yes, I want open world pvp. For many years, AV was warcraft for me. Even Tol Barad
    (set in a prison, thanks again for the great scenery Blizzard) was way more enjoyable than
    anything instanced.

One of the few good things about MoP PVP are new battlegrounds. They were all unique and fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Mines: I think it's slightly biased towards Horde (distance to lava compared to ally, distance to water). On the other hand, unique and fun gameplay, good map with high grounds, water, choke points. Overall 8/10

Deepwind Gorge: A bit unclear winning strategy for random bg groups (logic is a bit different than past BGs) - most people assume 2 bases = win. Whereas 1 base and both carts control can be as effective (if not even better). Gameplay similar to EoTS, just with slightly different scoring system. Allows for creative winning strategies. Overall 7.5/10

Temple of Kotmogu: Free-for-all deathmatch with awesome non-stop action gameplay and a unique winning system. This is the best BG Blizzard has released since Warsong Gulch. Overall: 10/10

I consider MoP battlegrounds a great success, especially comparing them to anything TBC/WOTLK (apart from EoTS).

*disclamer* everything I've typed is my biased personal opinion.

Personally dislike Mines but that's probably because I havn't touched it since they balanced out the initial carts so that Horde don't have a distinct advantage. Kotmogu's fun but it's the Battleground influenced by gear the most. A team with good gear will steamroll faster and harder in Kotmogu than any other. Deepwind is meh, most teams I get are "omfg get the cart scrub" teams who don't realise you need to defend your own cart at the same time.

Overall I'd say they're decent, better than BfG by a long shot but TP was a better battleground than any of the MoP ones, even if it was just the same concept as Warsong Gulch.

The MoP battlegrounds needed some growing into. I think they will do ok in future expansions.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I like them all.

The only mistake blizz made is with the WOTLK bgs.

IoC and SOTA are awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwful.

MoP, Cata and TBC one(s) are all great.