Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've also noticed Defile increasing my Vengeance from ~40k to 45kish.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Hey dks. Sorry posting paladin stuff, but thought you would be interested

After seeing Mionee soloing Wote Normal I decided to try it after that aswell. I managed to get it down one time , had bad computer back then, now I bought a new one and recorded it ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wckMZc9LRpE

It seperated the video by 2 for some reason, not sure why.
    It's entirely fine! We get quite a bit of stuff from other classes here for various reasons ~

Well done on Will of the Emperor! It's an insanely impressive solo, and you did it as a paladin!
    When you soloed it for the first time, did you have more time on the berserk?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I noticed that paladins (like Lazel above I presume) rekilled Primordius. Is there a possibility that we might be able to do it as well? It would require ~290k DPS, but you get stat buffs.
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2014-04-25 at 03:41 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which is the better specialization for soloing, 2H Frost or Unholy?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Which is the better specialization for soloing, 2H Frost or Unholy?
    Guess that would depend on the boss. 2H frost is prolly generally better for it's burst and perma-death runes if you need Death Siphon.

Unholy is, however, more fun *hides behind ghoul*

Also, well done @ Lazel
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Frost 2h is rather the worst of the dps specs for soloing, using death siphon on a steady basis is way more of a dps loss than it is for the other 2, perma death runes are nice, but on average unholy has the same amount 4 every second cycle, instead of 2 every cycle. Its purely a matter of management that you don't run out of death runes at the wrong moments.
    Furthemore unholy heals with death siphon way more of what frost 2h heals with it. 35% more strength + stronger mastery makes a huge difference.

Also unholy brust way more than frost 2h does and for frequency, PoF can barely be considered a burst cd without trinkets and trinkets line up ideally every 2 minutes, which is the CD of garg and frenzy with gala hc. Also consistent dmg is higher if you have SoO hc gear + constant AoE is also higher, burst AoE lower though.
    And if you need Burst AoE frost dw beats Frost 2h most likely, while that is purely a gearing matter.
    Not to forget the actually useful execute Uh has.

Pets are also for the most time an advantage for soloing, for example at Hagara as you can do lightning phase with a pet on 10 man heroic, you can do shannox as uh as your pet can get you out of facerage, timmy also makes yogg +0 easier as he likes to eat constrictor tentacles.

If you don't have flex gear or below I would never prefer Frost 2h over Uh for soloing and if there is a frost niche, where it is actually better I would go for dw as you lose less dmg for selfheal and the whole package makes it just a better performer as frost 2h.

ANd if you really have lower gear I wouldn't really consider using a dps spec over blood, death siphon is simply to weak below 560 and the dps difference is smaller between blood and frost/uh.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    4 down in MSV, working on Gara'jal next only because I want to see if I can get world first solo on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I finally got a video of Heroic Nefarian, been meaning to do this for a while. I was honestly surprised at how easy this actually was. I finally got a good pull on Heroic Maloriak(RNG blows that fight, being frozen, his self heals, timing the enrage right, placing D&D ugh) and then wanted to give Nef a go I ended up killing him on the first attempt which was funny because I was actually going to wipe it but I realized I might actually be able to just heal through it since I was in my full tank set. anyways here it is if you're bored

Heroic Nef
    - - - Updated - - -

Oh i'm new and can't link yet sorry =( anyways I will ASAP. Love the thread. Keep up the kills

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Havic View Post
    4 down in MSV, working on Gara'jal next only because I want to see if I can get world first solo on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I finally got a video of Heroic Nefarian, been meaning to do this for a while. I was honestly surprised at how easy this actually was. I finally got a good pull on Heroic Maloriak(RNG blows that fight, being frozen, his self heals, timing the enrage right, placing D&D ugh) and then wanted to give Nef a go I ended up killing him on the first attempt which was funny because I was actually going to wipe it but I realized I might actually be able to just heal through it since I was in my full tank set. anyways here it is if you're bored

- - - Updated - - -

Oh i'm new and can't link yet sorry =( anyways I will ASAP. Love the thread. Keep up the kills
    There is no need to worry about RNG on the heals ~ Dispel them with glyphed Icy Touch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    ...for example at Hagara as you can do lightning phase with a pet on 10 man heroic
    Pets can't be used to chain the lightning.

It's hard to say which is the better spec since no context was given. For example, when I clear ICC10 up to LK (doing it since it takes like 25 minutes, gets me some coin) I constantly kill bosses faster as 2H frost. I'm using UH now, though since I simply find it more fun. But yeah, there certainly are places where UH blows 2H out of the water.

There is no need to worry about RNG on the heals ~ Dispel them with glyphed Icy Touch.
    Don't forget to always keep a rune ready for IT though

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    Pets can't be used to chain the lightning.
    Are you sure about that? :P

And yes, thanks to both of you for the responses. I'll give Unholy a shot.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2014-04-26 at 09:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could swear you couldn't use pets for it. Went to test it myself, but forgot all about it and killed her before the first storm phase ;_;

Aaaand the boss died while I was Ice Tombed anyway so I would've died to that since I forgot to spec UB.
    Last edited by Kraeth; 2014-04-27 at 11:44 AM.

I've been lurking for a while and I'm late to the party at any rate, but I was finally able to solo LK25H thanks to everyone's help! Thanks, everyone

Quote Originally Posted by MeynaV View Post
    I've been lurking for a while and I'm late to the party at any rate, but I was finally able to solo LK25H thanks to everyone's help! Thanks, everyone
    Congratz, welcome etc etc

How up to date is Miones spreadsheet in terms of 25/25hc cata bosses? I really can't imagine Al'akir 25 hc not being downed yet, for example.

If you didn't even bother recording it is probably a joke fight... If you really have nothing better to do today, do upload because why not^^

Finally got Elementary done for Glory of the Cataclysm Raider done (solo) and its renewed my love of soloing thanks guys
    Last edited by hutchzilla; 2014-04-28 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    unrelated, but 4.0 thread will probably be posted once beta starts (a short while after we hit level 100 would be my guess?), with info and findings from beta etc, and hopefully some short FAQ in the future. I will try to make the next post filled with relevant info about the bosses that are being asked all the time.
    You're good people, Mione. >_>b

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    Also unholy bursts way more than frost 2H does and for frequency, PoF can barely be considered a burst cd without trinkets and trinkets line up ideally every 2 minutes, which is the CD of garg and frenzy with gala hc.
    I was curious about this point. Why would that make a difference, considering that you'd optimally be running with Evil Eye of Galakras + Skeer's? Skeer's is an RPPM trinket that grants stacks of critical strike.

because you should be running evil eye + thoks.
    skeers is pretty awful