Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    So every 3 months we are getting a new store mount or RAF? Fucking hell. Maybe its time to quit wow.

My money can best be spent elsewhere than on a stupid fucking game that keeps throwing the things I love into the store.
    No, don't quit! Oh my God!

So let me get this straight...
    The MAIN reason we are not able to use flying mounts is because they do want to slow down the game...The want to milk it as much as they can so we can instead wait 4 years for another expansion. I'm all for no flying mounts while leveling. But if I reach level 100, I better have the choice to use my flying mounts. So I have the Ultimate Ultimatum. If Blizzard really does not want us to use flying mounts then every player should ask for a refund for all the flying mounts they bought on there store. What they are doing here is being DISHONEST with there loyal customers. If they don't want reimburse us, people should cancel there accounts right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joobay View Post
    "BUT being able to lift off and fly over content compromises many of our goals in how the game world is approached, how it's played, how it's consumed, and how the content is designed to account for those factors."

By that logic, the same can be said about regular mounts. So get rid of mounts all together? Make us walk everywhere, content can be just as easily skipped on ground mounts as it can with flying mounts. If they're going by this thought pattern, there's no discernible reason to have mounts at all. They've always talked about moving forward in game design, which is why they're never going back to vanilla content with old servers, etc...and yet---disallowing flying mounts after they've been available for so long is completely backwards game design.
    This is the most retarded line of logic I've seen yet and that's saying something.

Ground mounts can't fly. You have a chance to be dismounted on a ground mount, and it still means you are on the ground, you can't just go past everything. Also how would they get money out of chumps if they didn't have mounts to give out? Lel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    So let me get this straight...
    The MAIN reason we are not able to use flying mounts is because they do want to slow down the game...The want to milk it as much as they can so we can instead wait 4 years for another expansion.
    They don't want to have to design max level progression content like they've said they're adding around flying mounts, put your tinfoil hat theories away.
    I'm all for no flying mounts while leveling. But if I reach level 100, I better have the choice to use my flying mounts. So I have the Ultimate Ultimatum. If Blizzard really does not want us to use flying mounts then every player should ask for a refund for all the flying mounts they bought on there store.
    How about, the whiny entitled brats like you who act like they give a fuck. I'm not going to quit just because they cut flying mounts, I'm not that self-centered and spoilt.
    What they are doing here is being DISHONEST with there loyal customers. If they don't want reimburse us, people should cancel there accounts right now.
    I could care less if anyone complaining about this unsubscribes, no one who enjoys the game for what it is cares about your petty fucking desires or demands you miserable gratification-seeking twat.

Also honesty is overrated. People will always complain, and this isn't really dishonesty, it's more that they just changed their mind on the matter. I admire your enthusiasm for some sort of shortlived rebellion, but it's ultimately futile. The people complaining will have no qualms with buying the Xpac, playing it and being grounded once it arrives, they are complaining like you are because they simply have nothing better to do with their lives. I'm not even trying to defend Blizzard, they're a big company now they don't need defending, but if i enjoy something it's calling out people for being mindnumbingly idiotic or/and entitled.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hahah I find the whinging hilarious in this thread.

Let's leave a game that is removing flying in part of an Expansion and go play a game with no flying instead!

THAT'LL SHOW EM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarre Monkey View Post
    I was under the impression it won't be just Draenor, but everywhere.

Which I am equally happy about.
    Lol, they will not remove flying entirely. Keep dreaming though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post

Let's leave a game that is removing flying in part of an Expansion and go play a game with no flying instead!

THAT'LL SHOW EM!
    Did you ever see them make such nonsense posts about no flying during leveling in other expansions? No, because they hope that they can remove flying entirely from draenor, not just during leveling.

Deleted
    Good that they posted this, but I fear the pro-flying nutters will still keep on barking. But the reasons are all there for everyone to see.

I don't remember seeing so much qq on forums ever. even people pissed at pandas or worgen weren't as many.

No flying mount is just blizzard's idea of a dangerous world where you do more than navigate around and click things to get shinnies without effort like harvest moon (a farm game)

I personally understand what they are trying to achieve but in a world of warcraft were players want possibility, choice and innovation (specially since the game's old age) I would rather they developed fly mount combat, automatic dismounts close to questing areas or even a waypoint system because lets face it few of the flight paths are straightforward and they had 10 years to improve it. the flypath system lacks interaction just as much as flying mounts and if the reason is strong enough to remove flying then flying paths should go too.

I've been long positive about wow for 7 years+ now but I fail to see anything amazing in WOD and still not sure what people are looking for... is it the amazing story? or the sim city game? definitely not the innovating part..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression it won't be just Draenor, but everywhere.

Which I am equally happy about.
    And if Blizz did that then they better expect a big backlash from the people who spent real money buying flying mounts in Blizz's precious crappy store..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    I don't remember seeing so much qq on forums ever. even people pissed at pandas or worgen weren't as many.

No flying mount is just blizzard's idea of a dangerous world where you do more than navigate around and click things to get shinnies without effort like harvest moon (a farm game)

I personally understand what they are trying to achieve but in a world of warcraft were players want possibility, choice and innovation (specially since the game's old age) I would rather they developed fly mount combat, automatic dismounts close to questing areas or even a waypoint system because lets face it few of the flight paths are straightforward and they had 10 years to improve it. the flypath system lacks interaction just as much as flying mounts and if the reason is strong enough to remove flying then flying paths should go too.

I've been long positive about wow for 7 years+ now but I fail to see anything amazing in WOD and still not sure what people are looking for... is it the amazing story? or the sim city game? definitely not the innovating part..
    Yeah lately I have seen a lot of back tracking by Blizz, the one that comes to mind is their touting of how awesome Garrisons are going to be to now only allowing them in the starting zones for each faction.. Wonder what next they will back track on besides flying..

This is the most retarded line of logic I've seen yet and that's saying something.

Ground mounts can't fly. You have a chance to be dismounted on a ground mount, and it still means you are on the ground, you can't just go past everything. Also how would they get money out of chumps if they didn't have mounts to give out? Lel.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't want to have to design max level progression content like they've said they're adding around flying mounts, put your tinfoil hat theories away.How about, the whiny entitled brats like you who act like they give a fuck. I'm not going to quit just because they cut flying mounts, I'm not that self-centered and spoilt. I could care less if anyone complaining about this unsubscribes, no one who enjoys the game for what it is cares about your petty fucking desires or demands you miserable gratification-seeking twat.

Also honesty is overrated. People will always complain, and this isn't really dishonesty, it's more that they just changed their mind on the matter. I admire your enthusiasm for some sort of shortlived rebellion, but it's ultimately futile. The people complaining will have no qualms with buying the Xpac, playing it and being grounded once it arrives, they are complaining like you are because they simply have nothing better to do with their lives. I'm not even trying to defend Blizzard, they're a big company now they don't need defending, but if i enjoy something it's calling out people for being mindnumbingly idiotic or/and entitled.
    I really feel sorry for you for you are the one whining and complaining. I'm old enough to UNDERSTAND what is right and what is deceiving. I'm not a sheep like you. There has been no shred of proof why this feature is being removed. Why all of a sudden the change? Burning crusade and Lich king had no problems with it because we had to level up 10 lvs. The problem was with Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria where we were only leveling 5 levels which we burned through fast. That was there problem on why people were getting through the content fast. So tell me what are you afraid of? That people will wise up for the first time since this game was released and go play something else and ruin you gaming experience with those you raid with. I"m paying for a FULL gaming experience. Correction. WE ARE ALL PAYING for a full gaming experience and we as customers should get that.

You know what I really see happening. Remember this, OK. What BLIZZARD is really doing is that they are going to charge you the LOYAL consumer 25 bucks in there store to use flying mounts. This is there plan. I have foreseen this and everyone better be prepared for this for if you buy this feature you are a bunch of idiots.

They really do need to get rid of flying as it was ultimately one of the worst ideas they've ever come up with.

Now don't get me wrong. I understand the appeal, the thought, and loved it at the time of its conception. However, that said, with time, it's only proven to be a burden to overall designs and really weakened the feel of this "persistent" world our virtual selves exist within. Ultimately this has created a very disconnected, CoD-esque experience where you hop in, queue up for many of your tasks, and any time you have to venture into the world you simply plop your ass on a flying mount with virtually no risk to yourself.

One word; BORING.

You play any MMORPG like WoW to experience a world and partake in events, interact with players, and become a part of something beyond your every day existence. That's what was so magical about WoW and many MMOs when we all first began. Now we can't recall what made it so and it's really just that simple. They've become too predictable, too easy, and provide instant-gratification like it's going out of style. Flying is a part of the problem and nowhere near the solution to ANYTHING short of one's own inflated sense of self-importance.

Really, it wasn't the challenges that turned many away. It wasn't the interactions and networking that turned us away. There is a reason games like Dark Souls can be so popular this day and age. Return to our roots with better story-telling, better combat, challenges(beyond "heroic" modes) better graphics, more immersive gameplay. That's what gamers in general want.

I'd love to just be punished for trying to level. I want it to be grueling, hurtful to my self-esteem. I want to bloody cry. I remember trying to level in Stranglethorn during Vanilla. YOU KNOW HOW EFFING DEGRADING THAT WAS!?

And it only made it all the sweeter when I maxed out and began punishing my enemies in return.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    Good that they posted this, but I fear the pro-flying nutters will still keep on barking. But the reasons are all there for everyone to see.
    Those reasons aren't exactly gospel. Expecting people to just swallow this after flying being available for so many years at max level is just arrogant. But then the anti-flying nutters have been waiting for this day since TBC was announced it would seem, which would explain all the insults they throw around at anyone being against this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post

THAT'LL SHOW EM!
    There are other mmo's beside wow with flying and I can just go play older expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Inveracity View Post
    No, don't quit! Oh my God!
    If I quit, I'll lose my mount rank

can't quit, noobs will steal my rank
    can't quit, noobs will steal my rank
    cant sleep, noobs will steal my rank @_@

*rocks back and forth*

**kinda half serious

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I'm not sure how I feel about that mount. I think it looks awful in the picture, but maybe the in game animations will be really nice.
    Personally, I want an engineer mount to be gained from maxing our MoP ranch stuff. I want a riding lawnmower that has normal walking speed or less, like the fishing turtle. One can only wish.

But I don't really understand the hate for not having flying, I am leveling a character without heirlooms right now out of boredom, I think it is a valid point about being able to skip content with flying. Hell, who knows we might see the return of group quests, normal leveling quests whose difficulty actually requires 2-5 people... doubtful but one could hope.
    I won't say that flying has taken all the immersion out of the game, or that it is my primary reason for feeling like there is much less after all these years, but if I had to pick and choose my battles across gold plated 103's wandering around to get into a stronghold, kill a target and escape without a repair bill or just fly in cloak glider my way past everything and kill him... I would choose the former. Maybe all those good memories of gold plated Worgen kicking my behind years ago has my nostalgia running also.

Hey, what other MMO has flying? On, none of them? Because it's a bad idea?

Go ahead. Quit WoW. Where are you going to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post

One word; BORING.

You play any MMORPG like WoW to experience a world and partake in events, interact with players, and become a part of something beyond your every day existence. That's what was so magical about WoW and many MMOs when we all first began. Now we can't recall what made it so and it's really just that simple. They've become too predictable, too easy, and provide instant-gratification like it's going out of style. Flying is a part of the problem and nowhere near the solution to ANYTHING short of one's own inflated sense of self-importance.

Really, it wasn't the challenges that turned many away. It wasn't the interactions and networking that turned us away. There is a reason games like Dark Souls can be so popular this day and age. Return to our roots with better story-telling, better combat, challenges(beyond "heroic" modes) better graphics, more immersive gameplay. That's what gamers in general want.

I'd love to just be punished for trying to level. I want it to be grueling, hurtful to my self-esteem. I want to bloody cry. I remember trying to level in Stranglethorn during Vanilla. YOU KNOW HOW EFFING DEGRADING THAT WAS!?

And it only made it all the sweeter when I maxed out and began punishing my enemies in return.
    I agree with you that we need a challenge while leveling. But once all that is over we should be able to use our flying mounts.
    Let me say this. I have played tons of other MMO's like Star Wars Galaxy, AION, Warhammer online, Rift, Star Wars the Old Republic, Guild Wars 1 and 2, Final Fantasy 11 and 14 and you know something they all suck and then something funny happens. I return to WOW. The reason being that I have FREEDOM using flying mounts while these other games suck at it. Its the main reason these games suck and its by FAR the #1 reason people began playing this game since burning crusade. If Blizzard removes this they will become like every other MMO game and people will LEAVE. I will bet you on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Hey, what other MMO has flying? On, none of them? Because it's a bad idea?

Go ahead. Quit WoW. Where are you going to go?
    Dammit you beat me to it...LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And if Blizz did that then they better expect a big backlash from the people who spent real money buying flying mounts in Blizz's precious crappy store..
    SHRUG! They can still use them, just only on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Yeah lately I have seen a lot of back tracking by Blizz, the one that comes to mind is their touting of how awesome Garrisons are going to be to now only allowing them in the starting zones for each faction.. Wonder what next they will back track on besides flying..
    As a small time game developer myself, I understand that backtracking is inevitable, though thankfully I don't have a playerbase so dense and rabid that I'll never have a chance to say anything without it being used against me in the future somehow.

You have ideas but later on when shit starts getting real you have to be more realistic. For a basic example I recently released a game that had multi-planetary exploration and sidequests planned along with a driving plot and several optional things, I realized that for with what time I had some features would have to be cut, so a lot of optional content had to be sacrificed in order for the main story and the gameplay to remain pleasing and so I could feasibly release it within the deadline I had set. Games are defined by the limits they are going to inevitably have because a game that does everything doesn't exist and if it did no other game would need to exist.

Huge wall of text from the blues that says nothing. Nice work guys.

So basically, we went from "you will get flying in 6.1" to - "we're not sure now". Sounds like never to me. I am so glad I am unsubbed right now. I'm not paying to run the same raid and content for a year plus, and then paying again for an expansion that is removing more shit than it adds.

I don't give a damn if Blizzard thinks that flying was a mistake. Its part of the game now and has been for 7 years. They handled it masterfully in TBC, WoTLK and let us use it for leveling in Cataclysm which was great. MoP was a big step back to be honest. It is why I and so many others hardly leveled any alts. I mean, who wants to run the same stale content all over again?

All Blizzard needed to do was adopt either the WoTLK, TBC or Cata method of dealing with flying and pretty much everyone is happy.

It is still only a few players that know about no flying. Come first 2 weeks into WoD release there will be a huge backlash when the masses learn that there won't be flying at all.

I do admit I miss WoW, but this game has lost so much of what made it fun, I fear it will never be worth subscribing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Teetster View Post
    It is still only a few players that know about no flying. Come first 2 weeks into WoD release there will be a huge backlash when the masses learn that there won't be flying at all.

I do admit I miss WoW, but this game has lost so much of what made it fun, I fear it will never be worth subscribing again.
    You hit the first nail on the coffin...Well lets say the first month...LMAO
    The ones defending this are the ones that will go to space in a space shuttle with no oxygen in it.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Running the same stale content over and over? I am fairly certain I have been doing that since Molten Core, what makes now any different, or more worthy of complaint...
    I am fairly certain anytime anyone levels an alt it is the same stale content unless its a new race for you, even then once your out of your starting area... back to the same stuff.