Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carighan View Post
    Removal of flying is one of the best things which could happen, though. And should have been done 4 weeks after flying was added, before it got as entrenched as it is now. :s
    I imagine that would be fantastic for you and your 3 friends, who would still be playing the game :P

Not allowing to fly on WoD is just lazy design and total lack of imagination, there are 100s of ways they could create challenges while keeping the flying experience, first of all you have one more dimension to play with! It is a designers wet dream. This just shows to me that the guys left in charge of the design are either scared to try new design paradigms or lack imagination.

I agree with you 110%

Deleted
    When i saw that RaF mount i was like... SABER RIDER!

Now we need Heavy Armored Trike and Flying Grave

They should add it to the store with the text: "allows you to fly in Warlords of Dreanor zones"

Quote Originally Posted by User789 View Post
    They should add it to the store with the text: "allows you to fly in Warlords of Dreanor zones"
    Well, they have already been selling flying mounts for years, so why not? The Iron Skyreaver even has a trailer where it is marketed as a vicious flyer CREATED by the Iron Horde.

Deleted
    That mount should be the Forsaken paladin racial mount (if they ever unlock that combo :P)

all i read in this text is "we know random world events sucks balls and eveyrone would avoid them so we force u into them"

dont care if i ever play WoD lvling will be done via dungeons as always and then i wont leave city exept for garrison //shrug

i like hanging out in orgri/SW where ill still lbe able to fly on my drakes so //shrug2

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Here's my problem. We're sitting here with absolutely no content for god knows how long yet Blizzard find time to make more mounts to sell.

I'm fully aware that a raid tier or even dungeons is a significantly bigger time investment than mounts but if this ends up on the Blizzard store, to which it probably will then it's outright insulting. Every single bit of focus mounts or otherwise should be directed at WoD so we don't have to wait another 6 months with SoO.
    I have a feeling its usually just maybe a couple of guys doing these mounts. Its not like the entire team stops to all come and sit together to discuss a mount idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Essentially you're saying that since some people want to skip content, they should be able to skip content.
    That this has a very substantial effect on people who would like to experience the new content "properly" is of no concern.

You say choice, I say reality. Allow people to skip quests, they will. Whether or not it'd compromise their experience.
    Reaper of Souls for Diablo 3, "Yeah we unlocked all pre-boss Waypoints for those who don't want to experience Westmarch."

You think people would still be compelled to wade through hundreds of enemies to get there? Who cares about the areas when there are boss lewt to be earned.

Problem is that players will skip content if allowed to. Flying gives them too much power to do so.
    Much more so than stealth or avoiding mob paths. Hey, atleast both of those will make you notice the dangers around you.
    Getting some shitty "OOPS YOU'RE TARGETED" debuff and dismounted with a parachute while getting angry is hardly better, is it.
    So that's what I'm saying...? Hm, I could have sworn that what I was saying is "Blizzard should step up and make content more engaging with flying in mind rather than removing it and calling it a fresh idea".

I want innovation and progress, not backtracking for the sake of stumping people. Just look at what they've done with mounts in Archeage, it's glorious.

Deleted
    I like the idea that we no longer have flying mounts. It's inconvenient yes, but it's also too easy to get around and avoid people and content. I have been playing since Vanilla and it was great before flying mounts especially on pvp servers.

I think once people get used to it, they will see what benefits it will bring.

Deleted
    "If you don't enjoy the game how we want you to enjoy it, then you're wrong, but on the other hand enjoy yourself" - that's the vibe I got. I can easily see them shooting themselves in the foot for no apparent reason by removing flying. Why? Because flying is a choice, if you don't enjoy it there are ground mounts and no one suffers for that, take it away though and a good chunk of the playerbase starts to suffer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soo many toxic players in this thread. My eyes bleed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    Because flying is a choice, if you don't enjoy it there are ground mounts
    Flying is as much of a "choice" as the toggle-able DS buff.

Would people stay on ground mounts if flying was allowed in battlegrounds?
    No, they wouldn't. Even if it was their stern opinion that BGs are designed to be played on the ground.
    Having to willingly gimp oneself in order to experience content as intended is terrible design.

It's one way or the other. Either you "force" people to experience content as designed, or you let everyone skip it because "choice". No one would fight through a castle when they can safely land on the tower where the boss is. Even if they would enjoy everything from voice acting, scripting and so on between the entrance and final staircase. Players are like electricity, they choose the path of least resistance.

If Blizzard aren't allowed to restrict players, then truly they might as well hand out gear and everything else from a vendor. Why not, people could choose to get them the real way right? Yeah, very likely indeed. And wonder how long they'd stay interested then.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay...just what every content starved wow player wanted... a new shop and /or raf mount... They could have easily added a single new world boss and given this mount as a rare drop and it could have encouraged thousands to resub -.-'

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yay...just what every content starved wow player wanted... a new shop and /or raf mount... They could have easily added a single new world boss and given this mount as a rare drop and it could have encouraged thousands to resub -.-'
    Yes, thousands of people would resub for an world boss. Good logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Yes, thousands of people would resub for an world boss. Good logic.
    There isn't a a fault in the logic,

People enjoy and therefore sub for content , world boss= content with the least amount of development effort (compared to dungeons,raids etc). Therefore people would sub for a world boss.

Did you see how many people camped the wolf boss in Darkmoon fair in order to get the pet/ transmog, mounts are even more valuable than pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post

Well that fucking does it. I've been suckered (baited really) into buying the expansion, because of a goddamn flying mount of all things. I'll play it till cap with one character, then I'm done with wow.
    .[/SIZE]

I'm sorry you bought WOD expansion I could tell it was gonna be poops with everything that has been shown so far they just wanna nickle and dime us removing something we've had since BC is like making us RP walk everywhere its just insane if it was this bad they should have removed fly back in cata not allow you to fly while questing to max level lol it just made things even more instant gratification. I suggest investing into D3 ROS play that for next 30 days until wildstar headstart or buy FFXIV a realm reborn for about $20 with 30 day gametime included you can try it out also a new patch for it came out lots of new things to do until wildstar comes out. Let wow eat its own words and how it treats the customers like we are dumb.

you can fit your entire guild on that mount. it gets longer across the body like that horse in the crazy japanese 3d animated horse race movies

Seems like a RaF mount - or a guild achievement raid reward. Either way, its awesome to look at, and I would definitely stop and stare.

Mount collection isn't my thing, but I definitely do enjoy observing and collecting mounts (that aren't exorbitant to say the least) that I can easily attain, with moderate to little effort.

It's always nice to see Blizzard have new content, and at the speed they're doing, I have to give them props, and marvel at their ability to churn and generate content for the player base to consume.

Guess I'm opening my fifth account. That mount is gorgeous!