Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have a problem when someone threatens me. I don't get scared, I get angry. Very angry. And if I have to kill to get rid of the threat, I think I will, and hippies can go cry on Aztec graves.
    Watch out evildoers, offical BAMF FunkyRaccoon is comin' for ya

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyRaccoon View Post
    Because Aztecs were awful people with an awful culture and religion, but I imagine the soft-hearted feel sorry for their destruction/subsumation by the evil Spanish. I, for one, think the world is better off without them. I sure as hell wouldn't want them moving to Canada, and trying to get religious exemptions from murder charges because of "Charter Rights".

Oh, and Canadians now have the right of self-defense, thanks to a plucky Chinese guy who prompted the "Lucky Moose" law. If a white guy had fought back at that African thug, things would have been VERY different. So yeah, I'd shake that Lucky Moose guy's hand if I was willing to go further east than the Manitoba/Ontario boundary.
    The Lucky Moose bill allows victims of theft and such to use 'reasonable force' to detain the assailant (or thief) until police arrives - not shoot them to death.

And which of us is an expert on the Aztecs to call them awful, with an awful culture, and religion? Judging the world in the 14th century with current world situation and calling them awful shows just how narrow your perception is.

On Topic: the person didn't give the children a chance to explain themselves when he knew he was armed. The 2nd killing is purely cold-blooded murder.

Deleted
    Sorry, it's a conditioned reaction from being a perpetual bully-target in grade school (I liked to read books I wasn't forced to.)

- - - Updated - - -

Because Aztecs were awful people with an awful culture and religion, but I imagine the soft-hearted feel sorry for their destruction/subsumation by the evil Spanish. I, for one, think the world is better off without them. I sure as hell wouldn't want them moving to Canada, and trying to get religious exemptions from murder charges because of "Charter Rights".

Oh, and Canadians now have the right of self-defense, thanks to a plucky Chinese guy who prompted the "Lucky Moose" law. If a white guy had fought back at that African thug, things would have been VERY different. So yeah, I'd shake that Lucky Moose guy's hand if I was willing to go further east than the Manitoba/Ontario boundary.
    That's nice and all. But self defence is valid up to a certain point.
    Lets say someone tries to steal joe's wallet, and joe is a violent psychopath and repeatedly bashes his head on the wall till the criminal is no more, that's no self defence. That's excess of self defence.
    Self defence would have covered this guy if he'd shot the guys and once no more a threat, called the police.
    He didnt do that. Instead he decided to execute them point blank. His intention was to kill them. Period. This isn't acceptable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roxfm View Post
    The Lucky Moose bill allows victims of theft and such to use 'reasonable force' to detain the assailant (or thief) until police arrives - not shoot them to death.

And which of us is an expert on the Aztecs to call them awful, with an awful culture, and religion? Judging the world in the 14th century with current world situation and calling them awful shows just how narrow your perception is.

On Topic: the person didn't give the children a chance to explain themselves when he knew he was armed. The 2nd killing is purely cold-blooded murder.
    Aztecs were pretty rough alright

And yes, the second killing could have been avoided.

Look, if anyone threatens me in any way that makes me fear for my life, yes, I will bash their heads against a brick wall until they're dead if I can, because I know my attackers will afford me no mercy, either.

And then, once they're dead and harmless, I will call the RCMP to come pick up the pieces. Yes, I know I will be put in jail, but fuck it. I got rid of a social parasite.

This is no less than what my Polish Shao-Lin Kung-Fu instructor taught me to do. :P

Yes, he had the tattoos, he always hid them under long sleeves even on really hot, humid days. He was probably the most potentially deadly man I've ever met.
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2014-04-26 at 02:39 PM.

Look, if anyone threatens me in any way that makes me fear for my life, yes, I will bash their heads against a brick wall until they're dead if I can, because I know my attackers will afford me no mercy, either.

And then, once they're dead and harmless, I will call the RCMP to come pick up the pieces. Yes, I know I will be put in jail, but fuck it. I got rid of a social parasite.

This is no less than what my Polish Shao-Lin Kung-Fu instructor taught me to do. :P

Yes, he had the tattoos, he always hid them under long sleeves even on really hot, humid days. He was probably the most potentially deadly man I've ever met.
    Why are you here and not out fighting crime in a mask.

I really hope these two breakers will get punished... oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Why are you here and not out fighting crime in a mask.
    I only wish I were that buff. But like Gohan, my power only comes from when I feel threatened.

I only wish I were that buff. But like Gohan, my power only comes from when I feel threatened.
    Gohan you must hide your hidden power for the common earth people will fear you.

Quote Originally Posted by Borador View Post
    Gohan you must hide your hidden power for the common earth people will fear you.
    But I know that kid is more awesome than I could ever hope to be, even in video games.

But yeah, all civilized gloves come off when it comes to threats. Do not threaten me, or yes, I will try to kill you. I've had too much experience with bullies and wife-beating exes to give you quarter.
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2014-04-26 at 03:04 PM.

Do NOT break into someones house thinking you are going to rob someone and nothing will happen to you... Self defense...

Deleted

That's fine if you understand the law doesn't protect you nor your psychotic polish king fu teacher.
    What an horrendous thing to teach.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    That's fine if you understand the law doesn't protect you nor your psychotic polish king fu teacher.
    What an horrendous thing to teach.
    What? He said that anyone who is a real threat, beat the crap out of them, no quarter given. If you're concerned about their well-being, then phone the ambulance form some payphone some blocks away (and these are more rare now than they were at that time.) And no, I won't use my cell phone to save the life of a rapist who should be eaten by wolves in the first place.

If someone wants to mess me up, why should I be wimpy about messing them up if I can?

I do not worship human genes. If a thing with human genes acts like a rat, then treat it like a rat.
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2014-04-26 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    What? He said that anyone who is a real threat, beat the crap out of them, no quarter given. If you're concerned about their well-being, then phone the ambulance form some payphone some blocks away (and these are more rare now than they were at that time.) And no, I won't use my cell phone to save the life of a rapist who should be eaten by wolves in the first place.

If someone wants to mess me up, why should I be wimpy about messing them up if I can?

I do not worship human genes. If a thing with human genes acts like a rat, then treat it like a rat.
    First thing any martial art would teach is to learn how to use it properly.
    And again, you think that way, that's fine. Just know though that law isn't on your side.
    When you sit in court and get 18 months suspended sentence you'll know what I mean.

Same as happened the last time this topic was up.....

A bunch of brave keyboard warriors decides to leave reality (and the topic) behind to prove how macho they are...applause! What is it about the net that makes everyone a chest thumping chimpanzee?

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    First thing any martial art would teach is to learn how to use it properly.
    And again, you think that way, that's fine. Just know though that law isn't on your side.
    When you sit in court and get 18 months suspended sentence you'll know what I mean.
    Public service is above the law to me. And I live in a province where an intrusion of actual four-footed rats is big news. Screw two legged rats, screw their ape genes. I see little difference between a Norwegian rat and a human pest anyway.
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2014-04-26 at 03:18 PM.

I live in Minnesota, I remember hearing about this very shortly after it happened on the news.

I personally do support castle doctrine to a point, and in this case this guy took it way to far. When you shoot, you don't shoot to maim, you shoot to kill, however if after you shoot it is clear that the home invaders are disabled you are done. The first two shots on the boy were likely justifiable, the shot to the face was not, that was an execution. When the girl came down, it was pretty clear that was an execution, especially when you see what he said after he killed her.

I have thought about this many time, and if it were me, I would instruct immediately that I was armed, and that if they did not leave immediately or surrender that I would shoot.

He gave them no such option, and again when you hear what he said after the fact, and then how he basically killed them execution style. He is going to have a very hard time convincing people that his course of action was necessary and reasonable, considering the situation.

You have the right to defend yourself and your home, you don't have the right to outright execute people, and I think this situation fits the latter more then the former.

Quote Originally Posted by butbearform View Post
    Do NOT break into someones house thinking you are going to rob someone and nothing will happen to you... Self defense...
    Bring a gun when you're robbing a house just in case the people living there are armed. Then you have a chance to survive if there should be a confrontation.

You seriously need stricter gun laws...
    Mother pus bucket!

It stopped being self defense, when he decided, to execute the first, wounded, teenager....
    Last edited by josykay; 2014-04-26 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Bring a gun when you're robbing a house just in case the people living there are armed. Then you have a chance to survive if there should be a confrontation.

You seriously need stricter gun laws...
    In violent burglaries, fewer than 40% of the burglars are armed. With anything. Of those violent burglaries, only 12% of the time they were armed with a gun.
    Combining forcible entries, unlawful entries, and attempted forcible entries, only 3.7% involve violence.

Only 3.7 of all burglaries are violent, only 12% of those with a gun. So the criminals don't seem to be listening to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Self defense went out the window with the execution shot and not calling the police right away.