Poll: Is CRZ a mistake?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    WoW is, above all else, an MMORPG - emphasis on the "massive." Blizzard wants flourishing, living environments with players interacting with each other, or at least passing by each other. CRZ are really only doing good, except for how apparently slow they're coming together (looking at you, EU realms!).
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

Your title mentions merging realms, and then poll is only about CRZ, hmm.....

Anyway, merging realms is great, if they actually bothered to do it in the EU.

They haven't affected me at all, but I'm all in favor of anything that helps low pop realms. People should be able to play the game how they want.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of CRZ, feels too disconnecting to see players phasing in and out like that.

Really looking forward to my realm being merged, it's pretty much dead atm.

CRZ feels bad on pvp servers, high level vs low level pvp is just plain bad design as low level players have no chance to win a fight. CRZ is also bad if you want to get something like a rare mob kill, but thats part of the mmorpg game so whatver.

For leveling, i think CRZ has little place, there isnt really anything you need a group for while questing, dungeons are done through LFR...

Realm merges, on the other hand, are beyond amazing, and restore the population and server activity.

Lots of people throwing around the term "merge" when it is very different from what blizzard are actually doing.
    Merging would be a one-way process, where only a single realm will contain all those players and guilds.
    If either of those shared a name with another, then one of them would be forced to change that.

What actually happened is much nearer the CRZ implementation, where the realms still exist but share a common "world" between them.
    CRZ without borders, and therefore without the phasing issues it brought.

Connected Realms, not Merged.
    A significant difference, not least because if populations shift sufficiently then the connections can be adjusted, the realms to which you are connected could be changed.
    That can't be done with a merger.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-04-26 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

CRZ is a pain.
    Though I do use the benefits(like mobtagging on 3-4 servers, doing 85-90 very fast), but I still dont like it.
    Killing Krol the blade on 10 servers...

While semantically I agree with you, ComputerNerd, I think there is difficulty in changing connected realms once done. If Realm A and B are connected, and someone from A joins a guild on B they are going to be a bit miffed if Blizzard then decides to reconnect A with someone else, and drop the connection to B. While at a technical level it isn't the same as a merge, at a high-level it is still a one-way deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Lots of people throwing around the term "merge" when it is very different from what blizzard are actually doing.
    Merging would be a one-way process, where only a single realm will contain all those players and guilds.
    If either of those shared a name with another, then one of them would be forced to change that.

What actually happened is much nearer the CRZ implementation, where the realms still exist but share a common "world" between them.
    CRZ without borders, and therefore without the phasing issues it brought.

Connected Realms, not Merged.
    A significant difference, not least because if populations shift sufficiently then the connections can be adjusted, the realms to which you are connected could be changed.
    That can't be done with a merger.
    We merged with a couple of other servers and now have guild members from those realms. This is a one way change. Everything has been merged. We just get our old realm name added to our character names (everybody has their name extended). They would have to tear our guilds apart to split - not to mention everything that's been shared across. And due to the character slot limitations people have made characters on the other 'connected' realms since. There would be a massive rage if they ever tried to split things up again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    While semantically I agree with you, ComputerNerd, I think there is difficulty in changing connected realms once done. If Realm A and B are connected, and someone from A joins a guild on B they are going to be a bit miffed if Blizzard then decides to reconnect A with someone else, and drop the connection to B. While at a technical level it isn't the same as a merge, at a high-level it is still a one-way deal.
    Actually underneath, technically, it really is a merge (although a merge done in a way that they technically might be able to undo later, but not perfectly and not with causing a lot of grief). On the surface it looks more like 'connected realms' but in reality we're all just in one big server now with separate name space for each realm. Anything else that relates to the server is now common, eg challenge mode titles.
    Last edited by mmoc02e6c98aec; 2014-04-26 at 07:57 PM.

CRZ = Worst idea for WoW in awhile.

Realm mergers = Something WoW has needed for years.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by ct67 View Post
    Actually underneath, technically, it really is a merge (although a merge done in a way that they technically might be able to undo later, but not perfectly and not with causing a lot of grief). On the surface it looks more like 'connected realms' but in reality we're all just in one big server now with separate name space for each realm. Anything else that relates to the server is now common, eg challenge mode titles.
    This is correct. It's why post-merge one of the servers doesn't have armory access for a few weeks: all the data is being transferred to the new "main" server of the group. Also why the clock can change.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Yep, terrible idea. Gets worse by the day.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mergers are good, CRZ is the bastard child of WoW.

These aren't the same thing at all. CRZ is arguable but the merging has had an absolutely fantastic effect that will only shine brighter as the merges continue.

CRZ is disruptive, realm connections/merges are fine but took too freaking long to nail down.

CRZ never even accomplished what Blizz claimed they wanted it to do, on my server - the world didn't feel more alive, my alts didn't see so many other characters that there was any benefit whatsoever. I might see one or two other characters at a quest hub, but everyone either ignored one another or flat out antagonized one another, and then would flit off to another zone that my characters had no access to.

Merge/Connection has worked out fine on my server so far, though so few continue to play at this point it's pretty hard to be able to sing its praises.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

My main horde realm was connected and it's nice seeing more than 5 people in org, even though it still seems dead. But my main server (alliance side) has slowly died and is usually the same trolls and and a handful of casuals at any time. It used to be a solid medium pop server but it's been hitting low rather often as of late. I hope it gets connected. And CRZ I like as I've grouped with random people to quest a lot lately which is nice.

No, but connected realms are a better solution then CRZ imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not very fond of CRZ to be honest but Connected Realms is easily the best feature they ever came up with for WoW. Too bad it takes them ages to implement it.

they were going to connect Hellscream Eu to aggramar but still no one or any increase population so i guess it failed.
    people character dissapeared (came back i hope) but it anoyed me it dident work. hopefully it will soon.

otherwise it seems soon dead to me, the realm. AH prices are huge, Horde popultation is really low (100 people) but there are atleast some alliance players out there.

anyone know anything news about it?

I didn't vote, since it's a false dichotomy that doesn't even really address the question in the topic. I like the realm mergers, my realm went heavy to the other faction around ToT, and has been slowly losing population since long before that. The mergers aren't perfect, but I think they're a positive move. CRZ are still messy, with rares disappearing while on flight paths, and not being able to /who reliably. But at least the lag when you cross boundaries has decreased a little.