Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blizz's new tactic.

so blizzards new tactic to keep playernumbers and subs high is to throw in new mounts into RAF?

they get 3 months payed accounts for round about 30dollar when not even more.
    more player numbers for the monthly report.

and the new accounts are often not from new players. they are from players who want the mount and just open a new account for that and never play it.
    people on ebay buying the mount. (blizz gets payed accounts and player numbers from)

i know some people in my guild and outside my guild who do this.
    i bet most of the last monthly reports and most of the new accounts from RAF are just there for the 3 months and then dying until a new mount or pet joins the RAF model. (the new Seasonpass)

smooth played blizz smooth...

edit for the ...: its not sooo 2008 cause of the way they revived the RAF model and using it right now. "throw in a new mount and reskins -> when RAF numbers drop -> throw in a new mount = more money then a storemount + subs for a minimum of 3months = gg" (im pointing to the new firesteed which was announced with the lines "more fun with friends"
    Last edited by mmoc1e65e16b4e; 2014-04-28 at 10:33 AM.

yea, their new model is RAF.

gtfo with this. welcome to the internet by the way, don't bite too hard while reading your news articles on inforwars.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're grasping at such straws....RaF has rewards for people getting new players into the game. If someone chooses to do what you say they're doing - to create a new account just for the mount, that's hardly Blizzard's new "tactic" or fault.

They've been offering RaF mounts for years. This isn't anything new.

This has been happening for years though. It's not as if RAF has never been done and this is the first time they're attempting it. So you can't call it a 'new' tactic when it isn't new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You're grasping at such straws....RaF has rewards for people getting new players into the game. If someone chooses to do what you say they're doing - to create a new account just for the mount, that's hardly Blizzard's new "tactic" or fault.

Indeed, not something new, and it is RaF - things need to be updated at times. Though, quite a lot to pay for a mount. I did it to level an alt easily, and be rewarded with a kick ass rocket...

... though now it is difficult as I am in one of the countries where RaF isn't allowed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

That is being pretty naive. Blizzard knows plenty of people will buy another account just to get a new mount. Like you say it is nothing new. Big shocker they come out with this just before a conference call. They always have something to pad the numbers. Can't really fault them for it. It is just good business. If people are stupid enough to pay for another account to get a mount you may as well milk them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post
    so blizzards new tactic to keep playernumbers and subs high is to throw in new mounts into RAF?

they get 3 months payed accounts for round about 30dollar when not even more.
    more player numbers for the monthly report.

and the new accounts are often not from new players. they are from players who want the mount and just open a new account for that and never play it.
    people on ebay buying the mount. (blizz gets payed accounts and player numbers from)

i know some people in my guild and outside my guild who do this.
    i bet most of the last monthly reports and most of the new accounts from RAF are just there for the 3 months and then dying until a new mount or pet joins the RAF model. (the new Seasonpass)

smooth played blizz smooth...
    And the award for Stupid Topic of the Day goes to you!

A: this is not 'new'. RAF has always offered mounts, for like 6+ years. Pretty sure you wouldn't call a 6-year old car a new car.

B: if a player chooses to create a fake account to get this mount that's, you know, THEIR choice. Not Blizzard's.

C: who cares what their 'monthly report' says? Oh, right, the Blizzard-obsessed weirdos here who are like OMG HOW MANY SUBS U GAIZ THINK THEY LOSE THIS TIME LOLROFLMAO... I always forget about them.

Ugh, I seriously hate these forums sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    That is being pretty naive. Blizzard knows plenty of people will buy another account just to get a new mount. Like you say it is nothing new. Big shocker they come out with this just before a conference call. They always have something to pad the numbers. Can't really fault them for it. It is just good business. If people are stupid enough to pay for another account to get a mount you may as well milk them.
    Except you do realize that any 'fake subs' they gain from a new mount that they haven't released yet won't affect the previous quarter, and therefore the conference call, right?

Kinda shoots a big fat hole in your THAT MUST BE WHY THEY RELEESE IT NAO theory... try harder next time.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I have to admit, this is a new idea.. Wait, RAF's been around since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Except you do realize that any 'fake subs' they gain from a new mount that they haven't released yet won't affect the previous quarter, and therefore the conference call, right?

Kinda shoots a big fat hole in your THAT MUST BE WHY THEY RELEESE IT NAO theory... try harder next time.
    Oh i was under the impression from the OP what is was already out. I guess they will get their bump in subs the next time if they don't get it out by this call.

To someone, this is the ONLY game and entertainment he plays.
    To elite raiders, this is the ONLY thing they are doing.

Deleted
    Its obvious many player where tempted to buy additional WoW clients until 4 months ago when price was cut to almost free for the RAF rewards.

A small investment into some additional accounts and the price of the subscription buys you the RAF rewards. For most its easier than convincing real people to give the game another try.

This is hardly a new "tactic". Blizzard has used recruit a friend in the past. Also be aware that many other paid services including other mmos use the same method to boost subscriber numbers as it is good business practice to encourage subscribers to get their friends and family to sign up. Don't act like blizzard invented this and is all of a sudden greedy or desperate attempt to obscure sales numbers.
    Last edited by delus; 2014-04-27 at 06:13 PM.

Deleted
    you guys dont think about this for a minute i see.

you say "its been there since 2008" ... yeah i know.
    but

did they put in a new mount every 3 months?
    did they give you the option to choose pets which you couldnt get before that? (and you have to raf + 2months gametime for each! and there are many people who are buying it..)

isnt it funny that wod is so far off for an release and we are again going to see SOO for way way to long? (blizz said they wont stretch content this long anymore)

but yeah... im so dumb ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    This is so 2008 you're so 2000 and late!

you guys dont think about this for a minute i see.

you say "its been there since 2008" ... yeah i know.
    but

did they put in a new mount every 3 months?
    did they give you the option to choose pets which you couldnt get before that? (and you have to raf + 2months gametime for each! and there are many people who are buying it..)

isnt it funny that wod is so far off for an release and we are again going to see SOO for way way to long? (blizz said they wont stretch content this long anymore)

wrath zhevra
    cata rocket
    mists panther and hippogryph
    warlords mechanical horse.

that plus some reskin pets that were given to china years ago just sitting in the game files.

yeah theres totes so much effort being put into recruit a friend

so reward very effort much models
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quoted for truth!

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-04-28 at 01:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    The conference call is for last quarter. Any RaF accounts now are worthless for that call. So...you're wrong.

blizz haters trying so hard, and just like the average LFR group, failing patheticly.

RaF around for years bro, but try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Quoted for truth!

Infracted

Lol. Infracted. That is funny.
    lol that is funny the guy called himself dumb, even if its sarcastic how is that flaming?

in b4 pm a mod if you have issues but that goes nowhere *walks away*

Deleted
    and still the guys who keep saying "yeah its so 2008"

dont you see the big picture here? or are you just ignoring it? ... its the way they revived the RAF system and how they use it now.
    every few months a new mount = more money then a shop mount and more subscribtions for 3 months.

and

The conference call is for last quarter. Any RaF accounts now are worthless for that call. So...you're wrong.
    you see that you can do the RAF anytime you want? so when blizzards sees the RAF numbers droping... = pop in a new mount = gg

oh and im assuming this because of the new firesteed which poped up with the lines "more fun with friends"
    Last edited by mmoc1e65e16b4e; 2014-04-28 at 10:25 AM.

I think their new tactic is to make bad changes that make the same similar to Vanilla and BC (Removing flying, Removing tier gear from LFR -- making end-game pve more restrictive) and propagating this idea that it's going to make the game better/more immersive/ect. They're essentially trying to trick all the people who are incessantly bitching that the game isn't Vanilla/BC that the game will be like Vanilla/BC and to come back.

And the best part is, these people are buying it. Hook, line, and sinker.